PPP poll preview of New Hampshire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:44:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  PPP poll preview of New Hampshire
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP poll preview of New Hampshire  (Read 939 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:24:21 AM »

Bachmann now a clear 2nd in New Hampshire and the closest anyone's been to Romney in our polling there

Big Tea Party divide in NH- Bachmann up 9 with Tea Partiers, Romney up 20 with non-Tea Partiers

Gingrich fav with NH GOP voters is 33/51. Numbers like that make you wonder why he's still doing this

Huntsman fav with 'very conservative' NH GOP voters is 18/35. Negative overall as well. Still not catching on

We will have the full New Hampshire Republican numbers out tomorrow

http://twitter.com/ppppolls
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:25:16 AM »

They called me in that poll. I hope I answered as I would on it as I had just woken up from a nap.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:25:53 AM »

-17 isn't a good start for a tiny state you've been focusing on like it was Christmas.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »

They called me in that poll. I hope I answered as I would on it as I had just woken up from a nap.

What did you answer them ?
izixs
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 12:55:32 PM »

There were a number of questions about approvals of Obama and candidates for the house and governor as well as governor match ups. As I answered that I wouldn't be voting in the Republican primary (being a registered dem and likely leaving the state before then anyway), I'm sure I missed out on that universe of questions. I think there was a question about the tea party and if Obama was born in the US (disapprove and he was). There was probably a few other things, but as I said, I had just woken up so my brain was a little foggy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »

Probably the only thing I regret about not having a landline is that I'll never be polled. (Though I don't think anyone polls DC anyway)

I'm curious how close Bachmann is to Romney. I think the moderate-ness of the Republican primary electorate in NH is a little overstated, and she could do very well with the libertarianish "live free or die" types.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »

I'd argue that it would be more moderate then it was in 2008 because the indies who can vote in either primary can vote in the Republican primary. Last time when I was running around doing canvassing most the indies were trying to decide between Obama and McCain. Without a competitive dem primary these Obama/McCain types will be voting in the republican field assuming they have a candidate at all.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 02:10:43 PM »

So in answer to the question about who'd be the best running mate for Huntsman, maybe someone who Republicans don't have net disapproval of.  To balance the ticket.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 02:13:32 PM »

I'd argue that it would be more moderate then it was in 2008 because the indies who can vote in either primary can vote in the Republican primary. Last time when I was running around doing canvassing most the indies were trying to decide between Obama and McCain. Without a competitive dem primary these Obama/McCain types will be voting in the republican field assuming they have a candidate at all.

That's a good point. I don't know how excited independents are about Romney though. He's a moderate kind of, but he's still basically an establishment Republican, unlike McCain who had the whole independent/maverick image.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »

The closest anyone's previously come to Romney in a PPP poll in NH is 6 points (when Romney led Trump, 27%-21%).  So I guess Bachmann is within 5.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »

The closest anyone's previously come to Romney in a PPP poll in NH is 6 points (when Romney led Trump, 27%-21%).  So I guess Bachmann is within 5.

Wonderful!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »

Wonderful!
^ If only so New Hampshire's primary is actually exciting
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 08:43:38 PM »

It would be maximum lulz if Huntsman pulls from Romney in NH and Pawlenty from Romney in IA and he doesn't win either yet again.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »

It would be maximum lulz if Huntsman pulls from Romney in NH and Pawlenty from Romney in IA and he doesn't win either yet again.

Assuming they both try their hardest  and don't screw the pooch Gingrich/Cain style, that could actually happen. Who would win, though, is a bit of a mystery (Bachmann is beginning to resemble Trump 3.0/Cain 2.0, and the more I see her jumping in the polls the more it seems like she is going to crash for saying or doing something stupid later). Bachmann or Paul maybe (assuming Palin doesn't jump in, but then her popularity has been waning for a while), seeing as how all of the other "super conservative" candidates have managed to collectively shoot themselves in the foot.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies