Is Scott Peterson guilty?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:44:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is Scott Peterson guilty?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Scott Peterson guilty?
Yes (R)

Yes (D)

Yes (Other)

No (R)

No (D)

No (Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Is Scott Peterson guilty?  (Read 1806 times)
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 11, 2004, 10:44:28 AM »

Well, it's pretty self-explanatory...
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 10:46:20 AM »

Yes.
qwerty
ghwbush
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 10:49:15 AM »

If he's not guilty, he's one cold son of a bitch. I mean, he went as far as to sell his "missing" wife's car! And then he attempted to sell the house. I have heard of people with missing loved ones who stay in the same house for decades in hopes that the missing will come back to the house. What does Scott do? He sells it!

Not only that, but he even called his mistress from a  prayer vigil for his "missing" wife. That's low, that's really low.

I vote yes, and I hope he is given life in prison so he will be beaten to a very painfull death in the general population.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 10:59:45 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks this trial has been the most-over hyped and covered thing in a long time.

Do I think he's guilty, yes. Do I care, no.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 11:01:36 AM »

I would've preferred a 'who cares' option.  Why is this story worth such national attention?   Is it the fetal angle?  Is it just FOX that's obsessed with it?  I couldn't care less about this nobody.

Non-famous people's murdering is only interesting if it reaches the level of serial killing or massacre.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 12:29:58 PM »

There has been too much news coverage on this case. One week of coverage for an hour every night would have been fine.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 12:54:46 PM »

This thing is getting so much coverage because of two things; one deserved, one not. 

One reason why it should get so much coverage is that Peterson didn't only kill Lacy, but their unborn baby as well.  Conner was then recognized by the court as a human being when Scott was charged with second-degree murder in his death.

The other reason why it is getting so much coverage is that Scott and Lacy were two hot people; they're both good looking.  Scott looks like your typical frat boy (who turns out to be scum!  Who'd have thought!), and Lacy was gorgeous.  Think of all the other spouse murders that have probably happened within the last two years.  Scott gets air time because he's good looking.  Mark Hacking was ugly, so he gets his name scrolled across the bottom of the screen.

And I voted yes, by the way. 
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 01:01:27 PM »

I'm trying to figure out the revelance to this thread. They've already found him guilty...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 08:38:15 PM »

I know almost nothing about this, except that her name was Lacey and it was a pretty gruesome murder.

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 08:41:09 PM »

Write-in: I Don't Care (D)
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 08:42:26 PM »

Who?  I honestly don't pay attention to these celebrity trials which take away media coverage from more important issues
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 08:54:09 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks this trial has been the most-over hyped and covered thing in a long time.

I agree with you Akno it is over covered. Though as someone who finds law interesting the trial in general is intriging to watch.

Do I believe he is guilty? Yes more than likely but not beyond a reasonable doubt. Do I believe a good attorney like Gerry Spence could have gotten the guy off or at very least gotten this guy life instead of death? Yes. A decent attorney probably could have gotten a hung jury. Garagos is one of the most over rated lawyers in the country right now. And, as much as I find Scott Peterson to be a living crap bag there is no real proof to convict him of this just a whole lot of circumstanial evidence.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2004, 09:29:09 PM »

I agree with you Akno it is over covered. Though as someone who finds law interesting the trial in general is intriging to watch.

Do I believe he is guilty? Yes more than likely but not beyond a reasonable doubt. Do I believe a good attorney like Gerry Spence could have gotten the guy off or at very least gotten this guy life instead of death? Yes. A decent attorney probably could have gotten a hung jury. Garagos is one of the most over rated lawyers in the country right now. And, as much as I find Scott Peterson to be a living crap bag there is no real proof to convict him of this just a whole lot of circumstanial evidence.

I find cases such as the Pledge of Allegiance and stuff involving the ACLU to be a lot more interesting than murder trials.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 09:56:39 AM »

Execute the sorry SOB.
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2004, 09:59:13 AM »

Amen
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 10:45:51 PM »

Nobly put StatesRights!
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 10:49:23 PM »

Yes. Anyone who could be the victim of that many coincidences is just going to have to die, sorry.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies