Swann Announces Candidacy for PA Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:48:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Swann Announces Candidacy for PA Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swann Announces Candidacy for PA Governor  (Read 3510 times)
danwxman

« on: December 10, 2004, 10:23:16 PM »

Wow, if he actually gets the nomination this will be Eastern PA vs. Western PA. The matchup will be fun to watch for sure. I'd still give Rendell the edge though.
danwxman

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 10:36:06 PM »

I'd give Swann better than 50% odds. Republicans are fantastic at getting non-politician notables to run (i.e. Arnold), and the Democrats need to improve on that now that John Glenn is retired.

And the fact that Rendell isn't very popular anymore helps the GOP here.

If I had a nickel for every time you said that...
danwxman

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 10:44:22 PM »

I'd give Swann better than 50% odds. Republicans are fantastic at getting non-politician notables to run (i.e. Arnold), and the Democrats need to improve on that now that John Glenn is retired.

You'd be a very rich man, I know. But Dan, it's the truth and the Dems don't want to admit it. Hey I have no problem if you think Rendell wil cruise into a second term. In fact, I hope the PA Democratic party has a unanimous agreement and believes the same. Only better for us.

The Republican party knows their chances are low. That's why they gave Swann the go-ahead.
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 10:57:03 PM »

You'd be a very rich man, I know. But Dan, it's the truth and the Dems don't want to admit it. Hey I have no problem if you think Rendell wil cruise into a second term. In fact, I hope the PA Democratic party has a unanimous agreement and believes the same. Only better for us.

The Republican party knows their chances are low. That's why they gave Swann the go-ahead.

What's with you and this "The Republican party knows their chances are low" stuff? How are their chances low? That's all I ever hear from you. Sure Rendell has the advantage of being the incumbent but look at this incumbent's approval ratings. They'd throw in a "sacrificial lamb" if Rendell had 60% approval ratings. That certainly isn't the case. The PA GOP is going to keep interest in this Gubernatorial race.

I've already explained my reasoning...we don't know Rendell's true approval ratings and no Governor has ever been ousted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies