Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:36:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth  (Read 30036 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2004, 10:17:44 AM »

Okay fine Nym, this is the last time I ever try to state what I think is the precident.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2004, 10:20:32 AM »

Okay fine Nym, this is the last time I ever try to state what I think is the precident.

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but it's just factually wrong to say that he can't challenge it. You can express an opinion that he'll lose, and that you don't think he should challenge it, but it looks like you are trying to make him think that he can't challenge it, so that he won't. I don't think that is what you are actually trying to do, but it gives that appearance.

As for precedent, votes like this have been counted before. It can be argued that it was wrong to count those votes as well, but there is a precedent established for counting votes as long as the vote wasn't altered, only the post.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2004, 10:22:30 AM »

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but it's just factually wrong to say that he can't challenge it. You can express an opinion that he'll lose, and that you don't think he should challenge it, but it looks like you are trying to make him think that he can't challenge it, so that he won't. I don't think that is what you are actually trying to do, but it gives that appearance.

As for precedent, votes like this have been counted before. It can be argued that it was wrong to count those votes as well, but there is a precedent established for counting votes as long as the vote wasn't altered, only the post.
I'm sorry if it came out that way I have been grogy all day and maybe I didn't type what I meant to say. I didn't want to give him that idea. Of course he can challenge it do I think he will win, no, and thats what I was trying to get across. I'm not Keystone I don't look for fights.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2004, 11:09:34 AM »

I voted for Harry in District 4 (among with all others, being not too clear about the rules)

However, my vote was not counted because I edited it. Can I challenge this in the Supreme Court?

Dave

No you cannot. It is Atlasian law that you cannot edit a vote and if you do it will not be counted. You could have deleted your vote and revoted but it is too late to due so. If you did bring this to the court the court would not accept the challenge since the office of the SoFA has said that if you edit a vote it cannot be counted.

I must say congradulations to all of the winners. Gabu, WMS, Al, Siege and Supersoulty are all great men who deserved to win and will help and serve Atlasia to the best of their abilities. I must also thank Defarge for doing the self-less act of editing his vote and thus giving Supersoulty the lead. I thank both him and Gabu for seeing that the man who deserved to win that race was Supersoulty. I once against congradulate all the victories and say good luck to all those who lost.

For one thing, I don't think you have any legal standing to act on behalf of the Court and say what they would rule. Unless you have spoken to every justice, you don't know what they would say.

How can we know what two of the three justices even think? They are never even on the board anymore. I haven't seen DemRepDan in weeks and Liberty only occassionaly pops up and never in the fantasy section. We need active Justices doing something!
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2004, 11:38:43 AM »

I voted for Harry in District 4 (among with all others, being not too clear about the rules)

However, my vote was not counted because I edited it. Can I challenge this in the Supreme Court?

Dave

No you cannot. It is Atlasian law that you cannot edit a vote and if you do it will not be counted. You could have deleted your vote and revoted but it is too late to due so. If you did bring this to the court the court would not accept the challenge since the office of the SoFA has said that if you edit a vote it cannot be counted.

I must say congradulations to all of the winners. Gabu, WMS, Al, Siege and Supersoulty are all great men who deserved to win and will help and serve Atlasia to the best of their abilities. I must also thank Defarge for doing the self-less act of editing his vote and thus giving Supersoulty the lead. I thank both him and Gabu for seeing that the man who deserved to win that race was Supersoulty. I once against congradulate all the victories and say good luck to all those who lost.

For one thing, I don't think you have any legal standing to act on behalf of the Court and say what they would rule. Unless you have spoken to every justice, you don't know what they would say.

How can we know what two of the three justices even think? They are never even on the board anymore. I haven't seen DemRepDan in weeks and Liberty only occassionaly pops up and never in the fantasy section. We need active Justices doing something!
Then why don't you try and impeach them. You can impeach Justices just as you can impeach other officials.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2004, 04:14:03 PM »

Now, now, we don't want activist judges, do we? Wink

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2004, 04:20:29 PM »

Since being nominated for the court DemRepDan has posted seven times. Once to accept, once to be sworn in, once to vote, once to agree to join the Freedom Party, and three other items. DemRepDan is a very qualified person for the job, but he isn't active enough.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #157 on: December 13, 2004, 04:21:11 PM »

I'm not Keystone I don't look for fights.

Excuse me, Colin, but I'd appreciate it if you grew up alittle. I don't go around looking for fights.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #158 on: December 13, 2004, 04:25:23 PM »

Excuse me, Colin, but I'd appreciate it if you grew up alittle. I don't go around looking for fights.

Yes, you do.  You just found one on the subject of whether you go looking for fights. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2004, 04:27:53 PM »

That was one of the most comical and self-ironic statements I've heard today. Cheesy
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2004, 04:29:47 PM »

That was one of the most comical and self-ironic statements I've heard today. Cheesy
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2004, 04:31:30 PM »

Ok, ok...so maybe I should have worded it better Tongue

In all seriousness though, in regards to this election and questionable voting habits, I do not go around looking to start a fight. When I comment, I truly believe that there is a problem.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2004, 05:06:48 PM »

Does a SCJ really need to be active? Don't they just stay out until the people need a wise verdict, they impart their wisdom, and go back to whatever they do otherwise?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2004, 05:13:21 PM »

So comical and self-ironic that you had to say so twice, in fact! Wow. :-)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2004, 05:15:27 PM »

So comical and self-ironic that you had to say so twice, in fact! Wow. :-)

Lol, the forum messed things up, somehow. :S
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2004, 05:45:42 PM »

Lighten up Keystone. It was just a little joke nothing to get offended about. I don't hold grudges so its nothing against you, you just always seem to be in the middle of a fight. Don't take what I said seriously and as for growing up I would consider myself more mature than you.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2004, 06:34:38 PM »

OK, If I'm wrong, correct me.

SuperSoulty votes:
AndrewBerger
ColinW
Erc
Huckleberry Finn
J.J.
Julien
Kemperor
Keystone Phil
Nation
Patrick1
Richard B Cheney
Supersoulty
(12)

Bulldog votes:
Boss Tweed
Danwxman
EarlAW
IrishDemocrat
LordTraldan
Romeomustdie
Smash255
TheBulldog
True Democrat
(9)

Looks right to me. In that case, Defarge invalidating his vote didn't actually change anything.

Maybe some people were accidentally counting NickG's vote for Bulldog, that may have been leading some media outlets to incorrectly state the race as tied 11-11. As well, these sources were clearly not counting MIke NixonNow's vote. The race was actually 12-10, then became 12-9 when Defarge invalidated his ballot.
I agonized for nothing?!?  *beats head against wall*

I still stand by my vote, or decision to disquality my vote.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2004, 07:40:07 PM »

Lighten up Keystone. It was just a little joke nothing to get offended about. I don't hold grudges so its nothing against you, you just always seem to be in the middle of a fight. Don't take what I said seriously and as for growing up I would consider myself more mature than you.

Ha...yeah some of the things you have said to me off this forum were real mature, Colin.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2004, 10:37:19 AM »

Ha...yeah some of the things you have said to me off this forum were real mature, Colin.
Oh and everything that you have said on this forum is straight out of Shakespear, right Keystone? I really don't want to get into a fight between the two of us over which one is more mature because, seriously, doing something like that is really immature.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2004, 10:39:49 AM »

Shakespeare can be pretty immature.

"What? Cut the maiden's heads? Or their maidenheads?"
"(something along the lines of "both are fine with me)"
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2004, 10:49:09 AM »

Shakespeare can be pretty immature.

"What? Cut the maiden's heads? Or their maidenheads?"
"(something along the lines of "both are fine with me)"
I know he can be. I was trying to make a point though Lewis.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies