Obama angers the browns.....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:33:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama angers the browns.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama angers the browns.....  (Read 611 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2011, 12:02:11 PM »

Probably not enough to hurt him in the end, but perhaps this is one event he could have made

From Politico By JULIE MASON | 6/19/11 11:14 PM EDT
Leaders of a national Hispanic organization are criticizing President Barack Obama for skipping their annual conference for the third consecutive year after he promised as a candidate in 2008 that he would return as president.

Some members of the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials also are questioning Obama’s commitment to immigration reform, noting that deportations have increased under his watch — even as the administration intensifies its outreach for Hispanic votes. NALEO, which includes more than 6,000 Latino leaders who represent major blocs of voters in key electoral states, opens its annual conference Thursday in San Antonio.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 12:16:28 PM »

Haha, I'm actually wearing a NALEO t-shirt right now Grin (got it at a DC rally for the DREAM Act last year.)

I do agree though, Obama's been the biggest letdown on immigration reform. This is the one area I think a McCain presidency would have been better on- especially with a Democratic Congress.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »

Haha, I'm actually wearing a NALEO t-shirt right now Grin (got it at a DC rally for the DREAM Act last year.)

I do agree though, Obama's been the biggest letdown on immigration reform. This is the one area I think a McCain presidency would have been better on- especially with a Democratic Congress.

Doubt it. If Obama had to buckle under to the mostly conservative opposition to immigration reform, McCain surely couldn't and wouldn't have bucked the base. Witness his 2010 primary campaign for re-election.
t_host1

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 10:28:58 PM »

Aaah  No, haven't you seen or at least heard? - Obama said screw this immigration BS, I've done them - the browns better, Obama had Holder send down a bunch of weapons so they, the browns can just conquer those nonunion whitie scabs of the south. That's what T'd off'd the Mexican pres. on the gun shipments... he, the mexican pres. didn't get his cut and... share in the victory --- its just the way Obama does business.

Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 02:00:03 AM »

Aaah  No, haven't you seen or at least heard? - Obama said screw this immigration BS, I've done them - the browns better, Obama had Holder send down a bunch of weapons so they, the browns can just conquer those nonunion whitie scabs of the south. That's what T'd off'd the Mexican pres. on the gun shipments... he, the mexican pres. didn't get his cut and... share in the victory --- its just the way Obama does business.

It's people like you that make we Hispanics go "Huh? Well, I guess now we know where all the illegal drugs are going."
t_host1

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 08:09:02 AM »

It's people like you that make we Hispanics go "Huh? Well, I guess now we know where all the illegal drugs are going."

Its not a joke or funny, it is sadistic sarcasm of the academia sloth that currently has the wheel of American liberty - that's all

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 09:03:19 AM »

Doubt it. If Obama had to buckle under to the mostly conservative opposition to immigration reform, McCain surely couldn't and wouldn't have bucked the base. Witness his 2010 primary campaign for re-election.

A President McCain wouldn't face the same direct pressure against immigration reform as a Senator from Arizona facing reelection in the midst of a wave of border violence. Prior to the Pres election, McCain had shown more commitment to the issue than Obama had. But I don't think anyone would have been able to pass immigration reform during a recession; the cry of 'their takin our jerbs' just becomes too salient.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies