A Rebuttal to Meeker's Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:58:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Rebuttal to Meeker's Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A Rebuttal to Meeker's Thread  (Read 1466 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2011, 02:20:10 AM »
« edited: June 20, 2011, 03:45:54 AM by Antonio Anastasia »

Since Meeker (classy) immediately locked his thread in order to prevent the others from rebuking his lies...

The Regional Senators Clarification Amendment was passed in order to ensure to preserve your rights, to elect your regional Senators, after Meeker wanted to use a constitutional loophole to pass a bill, that would give two Senators to Pacific, giving them unfair advantage over other regions and, possibly, stripping one from electing their own Senator.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 02:30:39 AM »

Your personal attacks and trolling represent the worst of Atlasia.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:49:18 AM »

Not only did he lock the thread, but mine and PiT's posts have mysteriously disappeared from it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 03:06:47 AM »

Not only did he lock the thread, but mine and PiT's posts have mysteriously disappeared from it.

I'm pretty sure he deleted the thread & re-posted it. I suppose some people can't handle being called out on their inane attempts at a joke.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 03:20:24 AM »

You folks have some serious issues, ya know? I've never directed a personal attack at any of you at any point in this debate and yet you people are obsessed with pissing on me as much as possible. Pretty sad reflection on your character.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 03:24:32 AM »

You folks have some serious issues, ya know? I've never directed a personal attack at any of you at any point in this debate and yet you people are obsessed with pissing on me as much as possible. Pretty sad reflection on your character.

First you posted a deliberate lie about an amendment (as an author, I feel offended), and then you locked this thread, trying to prevent a response. And, yet, you're suprised with an reaction?

Stop trolling.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 03:25:51 AM »

I have no problems with you, Meeker. The reason some people come out so forcefully against this sort of thing though is that, even though you find it as a joke, a lot of people in the past here in Atlasia have sort of latched on and taken seriously what originally started as a joke. I actually consider you one of my favorite posters, so this doesn't have anything to do with hating on you or anything, it's just trying to contain something before other less.. honorable individuals pick it up and run with it.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 03:28:21 AM »

First you posted a deliberate lie about an amendment (as an author, I feel offended), and then you locked this thread, trying to prevent a response. And, yet, you're suprised with an reaction?

Stop trolling.

I didn't lie about your amendment at all. We have differing opinions on it. I also never mentioned you by name. You're welcome to post a rebuttal in your own thread, but taking this to such a personal level is bizarre.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 03:32:12 AM »

Stop trolling.

I didn't lie about your amendment at all. We have differing opinions on it. I also never mentioned you by name. You're welcome to post a rebuttal in your own thread, but taking this to such a personal level is bizarre.

From your thread:

"Designed to strip regions of their right to be represented how they wish in the Atlasian Senate"

Since you surely realize that this amendment is about ensuring that every region have equal representation, instead of giving one (the less populous, by the way) advantage to the others, possibly triggering constitutional crisis, as you attempted to, your post is deliberate misinformation.

You're doing a very bad favor to JCP and Pacific by your actions.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 03:32:42 AM »

Hah, regional Senate seats? Are you guys still dealing with this crap?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 03:33:33 AM »

Stop trolling.

From your thread:

"Designed to strip regions of their right to be represented how they wish in the Atlasian Senate"

Since you surely realize that this amendment is about ensuring that every region have equal representation, instead of giving one (the less populous, by the way) advantage to the others, possibly triggering constitutional crisis, as you attempted to, your post is deliberate misinformation.

The Pacific (if my bill passes) will have expressed our wish to be represented by two Senators in the Atlasian Senate. What I said was perfectly truthful.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 03:35:10 AM »

Stop trolling.

From your thread:

The Pacific (if my bill passes) will have expressed our wish to be represented by two Senators in the Atlasian Senate. What I said was perfectly truthful.

Which is a political trolling, no less.

Again, you're doing a very bad favor to both Pacific and JCP. It's thanks to the actions like yours, many people still view the party as a hackish, sectarian Pacific gang.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 03:36:17 AM »

Stop trolling.

From your thread:

Again, you're doing a very bad favor to both Pacific and JCP. It's thanks to the actions like yours, many people still view the party as a hackish, sectarian Pacific gang.

Again, we have a differing opinion. That's perfectly fine. Many others disagree with me on this as well. But none has been so visceral in their hatred and so personal in their attacks as you. It saddens me.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 03:38:13 AM »

Stop trolling.

From your thread:

Again, we have a differing opinion. That's perfectly fine. Many others disagree with me on this as well. But none has been so visceral in their hatred and so personal in their attacks as you. It saddens me.

While I do agree that Kalwejt took your joke position a little too seriously I think it's quite a stretch to say that "hatred" has been involved, don't you?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 03:39:20 AM »

Stop trolling.

From your thread:

While I do agree that Kalwejt took your joke position a little too seriously I think it's quite a stretch to say that "hatred" has been involved, don't you?

He posted an entire thread dedicated to calling me a liar. That's pretty nasty IMO.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 03:39:31 AM »

Stop trolling.

From your thread:

I neither like or dislike you. I merely don't care about you as a poster. I view your actions as a shameless political trolling and, since I didn't have a chance to respond in your thread, I had to post mine.

Mecha, I understand he's trying to be funny, but I don't find it funny, since his "joke" could cause a deep constitutional crisis.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 03:42:21 AM »

Stop trolling.

From your thread:

I neither like or dislike you. I merely don't care about you as a poster. I view your actions as a shameless political trolling and, since I didn't have a chance to respond in your thread, I had to post mine.

Mecha, I understand he's trying to be funny, but I don't find it funny, since his "joke" could cause a deep constitutional crisis.

That still does not explain why you felt the need to be so personal in your attack. Having the thread title being something like "A Rebuttal to Meeker's Thread" would have been much more reasonable and respectable.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 03:45:40 AM »

Stop trolling.

From your thread:

That still does not explain why you felt the need to be so personal in your attack. Having the thread title being something like "A Rebuttal to Meeker's Thread" would have been much more reasonable and respectable.

That one was a mistake, granted. I just woke up after a little sleep and I'm having a rough day coming.

Still, I consider your actions as an annyoing trolling.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 03:57:17 AM »

Also, the amendment is hardly "radical"; it merely clarified an old practice, that we're electing 5 Senators at-large and 5 by each region.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 05:46:49 AM »

that would give two Senators to Pacific, giving them unfair advantage over other regions and, possibly, stripping one from electing their own Senator.

Regional senate representation already gives an unfair advantage to less populous regions.

It is interesting the lightning speed you people managed to deal with this 'situation' yet we have still made no progress in democratizing the election of our Senators.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 05:51:35 AM »

that would give two Senators to Pacific, giving them unfair advantage over other regions and, possibly, stripping one from electing their own Senator.

Regional senate representation already gives an unfair advantage to less populous regions.

It is interesting the lightning speed you people managed to deal with this 'situation' yet we have still made no progress in democratizing the election of our Senators.

May I ask what does "democratizing" means? Senators, both at-large and regional, are elected directly.

If you're in favor of eliminating regional seats altogether, that's fine. Frankly, it would be better to see all ten elected at-large, but if we're keeping regional seat, then each region should elect the same number. Otherwise, by population, it would be Northeast rightly entitled to two seats (you'd love that, Napoleon and Marokai), rather than much smaller Pacific.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 05:58:45 AM »

If you're in favor of eliminating regional seats altogether, that's fine. Frankly, it would be better to see all ten elected at-large, but if we're keeping regional seat, then each region should elect the same number. Otherwise, by population, it would be Northeast rightly entitled to two seats (you'd love that, Napoleon and Marokai), rather than much smaller Pacific.

But you see, I don't mind that the Pacific could potentially be 'disadvantaged' by losing its extra portion of representation that the current system entitles it to.  Any such system is inherently unfair.  The exact location of which region suffers the most as a result of these seats is not relevant to me in formulating my opinion.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 06:15:09 AM »

Dear Lord. Some people take this thing way too seriously.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 07:17:47 AM »

Dear Lord. Some people take this thing way too seriously.
Amen.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 08:51:11 AM »

If this amendment fails, I'm sponsoring a bill in the Alþing to make every Midwesterner a Senator!

I think I will vote "no".  That will get us closer to universalism Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies