Should Anthony Weiner resign?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:30:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Anthony Weiner resign?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Should Anthony Weiner resign?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Should Anthony Weiner resign?  (Read 8395 times)
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 12:02:27 AM »

I agree. It would take a lot for me to resign from a government where the whoring adulterer hypocrite David Vitter walks the halls and gets standing ovations and donations from Republican Senators.  The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

This matter is between this man, his conscience, his wife and his constituents.  If he can square all those and he thinks he can pull a Vitter, more power to him.

I may think he is an awful person because of what he did but I am not in his district or state.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 12:08:35 AM »

The Republican party thanks you for your efforts, BRTD.

Y'all might be better off if Weiner didn't resign immediately.

That's my point.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 12:24:08 AM »

That's my point.

Ohh, whoops. I wrongly assumed you were thanking him for doing his part to keep it in the negative news cycle, harming Weiner, haha
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 12:26:48 AM »

That's my point.

Ohh, whoops. I wrongly assumed you were thanking him for doing his part to keep it in the negative news cycle, harming Weiner, haha

Wait...that's what I am suggesting. The longer Weiner stays around and has people encouraging him to do so, the longer there's a negative story out there.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 12:30:55 AM »

Ah, then our differences are more nuanced! Wink

I think whether or not he resigns might depend on how much the media continues to swarm him in the next few days -- so being in the center of a crazy news cycle swarm now almost counts against him being in a steady news cycle swarm in the long run, if that makes sense?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 02:38:02 AM »

How can this have anything to do with Christianity, Cathcon?  I suppose in some sense showing your penis could be considered a sin (though I don't think that's particularly clear - in some cases it wouldn't, but I suppose in this case it was a sin of 'lust'), but Christianity doesn't go on to stipulate which sins are resignable offenses in terms of government officials.  I'm pretty sure showing our penis (is it a form of 'adultery') would be considered a relatively minor sin (what do they call the big ones, like murder.. 'mortal sins'?).  And I suppose they think that all the politicians are 'sinners', don't they?  jmfcst is always mentioning that everyone is a sinner (though not as bad as a fag).

Well anyway, Weiner should obviously not resign - he should continue his heroic fight against the oppressive prudery of america.  After all, even a naked and tumescent Democrat is better than any Republican.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 02:56:31 AM »

Haha, Opebo. Thanks for the new adjective.  I can't say Ive ever known the word tumescent...  It would be fair to point out that you are not replying to Cathcon though.

Im pretty forgiving of vice. After all I partake in a good amount now and again.  However, I cannot forgive a sloppy bastard, who gets caught and thinks he is too smart for everyone.  Ive personally seen him be an arrogant tosser to his constituents and  in my mind he was a power hungry degenerate. 

On foreign policy Weiner is one of the biggest Zionists in Congress so I find it funny that BRTD and you support him just because he flashed his schmeckel around.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 03:04:17 AM »

It would be fair to point out that you are not replying to Cathcon though.

Well whoever - one of those christians.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't support him - I support people not resigning or being expected to resign just because they've flashed their schmeckel around.  You might even say I support schmeckel flashing, but this doesn't mean I in any way support Zionism (even though we all know who like to flash their schmeckels around to a disproportionate degree).
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 03:08:03 AM »

I couldn't care less what he does privately - but rather than man-up and admit what he did... he flat-out lied, which I think is the issue that makes me think he should resign.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 03:13:59 AM »

I couldn't care less what he does privately - but rather than man-up and admit what he did... he flat-out lied, which I think is the issue that makes me think he should resign.

Lying about your personal life is freedom fighting.   No one has any right to know whether he flashed his penis around.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 03:16:06 AM »

Lying about your personal life is freedom fighting.   No one has any right to know whether he flashed his penis around.

Rubbish, lol.

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 03:30:55 AM »

Do a test and flash your willie around to strangers.  Probably wouldnt get a good response. I would hope that you wouldnt be foolish enough to get your face in a pic were you engaging in such activity with a student.

He was sloppy and irresponsible in his conduct.  Were I a constituent I would prefer he had engaged in an affair.  Some people dont realize the permanence of electronic communication. 
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 03:45:16 AM »

Yes, definitely.... this just keeps getting worse everyday. If he sent anything to an underage girl he's toast.

Paradoxically, he may be helping Obama and the Democrats, since most of the low-info people out there probably have paid more attention to the sex scandal than the bad economic news and Romney announcing around the same time. If not for Weiner, the focus on the awful economy would have been the top story in last week's news cycle.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 03:55:45 AM »

Should he resign for some morality purposes? No.

Should he resign for both his sake and the sake of his party? Probably
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 06:18:57 AM »

He's probably managed to convince himself that it doesn't seem like there wasn't any physical contact - therefore, he's not doing something wrong.

On the 'morality' front - this is between him, his wife and the women involved.... but again, the guy lied when confronted with it, he's not a freedom fighter, he's a pussy.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2011, 06:31:21 AM »

With all the real problems in the world, anybody concerned by this is a fool. So he sent some dirty pics. Big f'ing deal. What he did was sleazy as hell, but it has nothing to do with his job as a Congressman.
milhouse24
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »

I think he should resign because it looks bad from a PR standpoint and for the party.  Go hide for 2 years and then run for mayor, people forget things, and he might actually win.  The point is to stay out of the news and make people forget how much of a scumbag you are.  Look at George Allen, he's going to be Senator again, and he's not as bad as what Weiner did. 

Sure, Weiner can become the white version of Rangel, who is censured and just riding out retirement in the HOR.  But does Weiner really want to go through a Headline grabbing and fund-raising zapping ethics investigation?  Resign, take your public punishment, then in 1 year start calling up all the big donors and explain how you learned your lesson, went into sext rehab with tiger woods, and are now ready to be the next mayor of NYC.  Besides, he really enjoyed being a stay at home dad to his newborn child, learned the values of fatherhood, the importance of family, etc. etc. 

My prediction, he resigns on some Friday, maybe before July 4th, when every one is on vacation and no one notices.  Just like Keiser Soze, he was gone, poof. 

Plus it gives him more time and freedom to stalk facebook and twitter and maybe some CL.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »

I think he should resign because it looks bad from a PR standpoint and for the party.  Go hide for 2 years and then run for mayor, people forget things, and he might actually win.  The point is to stay out of the news and make people forget how much of a scumbag you are.  Look at George Allen, he's going to be Senator again, and he's not as bad as what Weiner did

Sure, Weiner can become the white version of Rangel, who is censured and just riding out retirement in the HOR.  But does Weiner really want to go through a Headline grabbing and fund-raising zapping ethics investigation?  Resign, take your public punishment, then in 1 year start calling up all the big donors and explain how you learned your lesson, went into sext rehab with tiger woods, and are now ready to be the next mayor of NYC.  Besides, he really enjoyed being a stay at home dad to his newborn child, learned the values of fatherhood, the importance of family, etc. etc. 

My prediction, he resigns on some Friday, maybe before July 4th, when every one is on vacation and no one notices.  Just like Keiser Soze, he was gone, poof. 

Plus it gives him more time and freedom to stalk facebook and twitter and maybe some CL.

And this my friend is why anyone with brown skin has a natural distrust of the Republican party.  What Weiner did was a consensual exchange between adults in presumed privacy.

George Allen threw out a racial epithet on a microphone at a young opposition campaign worker that was video taping his rally.  How you can equate these two things is beyond my comprehension.  Do you have any idea how many people George Allen personally offended?  Do you have any idea how much distrust George Allen sowed between ethnic minorities and the Republican party?

Weiner will in all likelihood NEVER be a Charlie Rangel.  Rangel is a Korea War hero.  Rangel has had a long and distinguished Congressional career.  Rangel has something Weiner doesn't have... friends.  Weiner forgot one important lesson.  You must build friendships and relationships BEFORE you have a scandal.  What Rangel did is certainly more pertinent to his job as a Congressman than what Weiner did.  But Rangel had friends.

I'm not an expert on NYC politics but I don't know anything about Weiner other than he is Congressman.  Without that he's nothing at this point and I don't see him coming out of nowhere and becoming mayor of NYC.  NYC mayor is NOT a consolation prize for disgraced politicians.  George Allen was frequently mentioned as a presidential candidate.  If he can motivate the racist vote in Virginia and there are no credible opponents he could be a senator again.  But there is no way anyone lets him near the White House.  These guys put a ceiling on their careers.  They may be able to win reelection in their constituencies but there is no way they breakout from there.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2011, 12:03:48 PM »

Do a test and flash your willie around to strangers.  Probably wouldnt get a good response. 

In an internet chat where the women involved were begging to see his weiner, I suppose it is rather different than if one 'flashed it around to strangers'.
t_host1

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2011, 12:24:06 PM »

With all the real problems in the world, anybody concerned by this is a fool. So he sent some dirty pics. Big f'ing deal. What he did was sleazy as hell, but it has nothing to do with his job as a Congressman.

You do understand that the clintonista's - obamac's are at the forefront of creating all of these problems.

Hillary & Yuma doing all this traveling - - together... Bill Clinton instructing Weiner, its just the way they all roll. I'm sure all this hubaboo is not a problem for them, it's just part of their circle.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2011, 12:40:12 PM by CitizenX »

You do understand that the clintonista's - obamac's are at the forefront of creating all of these problems.

Hillary & Yuma doing all this traveling - - together... Bill Clinton instructing Weiner, its just the way they all roll. I'm sure all this hubaboo is not a problem for them, it's just part of their circle.

You have just lost all credibility.

Obama is the most squeaky clean president we've had since Jimmy Carter.  Reagan was our first and only divorced president (so much for Republican family values).  HW Bush had all those affair rumors with Jennifer Fitzgerald.  Clinton... speaks for itself.  W Bush was a drunken womanizer until his 40s.

What on earth are you talking about?!  Alright I'm going to calm down for a minute here.  I'm going to assume you were just joking.  Right?

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2011, 12:42:37 PM »

No.  Chris Lee shouldn't have either.
milhouse24
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »

The correct answer as usual is: MONEY, M-O-N-E-Y!!!

Fundraising!

Weiner will resign because none of the rich liberal wall street jewish supporters will give him any money for his re-election or his Mayoral candidate.  Without any campaign money, he's just a dead man walking. 

Once some big time donor tells him to quit being a HOR, then Weiner will quit.

As for the DNC, this is a distraction from Fund-raising for 2012 and the donors are running for the hills this week/month.  Pick up the call from a DNC telemarketer and tell them what you think of Weiner, keep them on the phone for 30 minutes, and then hang up on them. 
milhouse24
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2011, 04:42:59 PM »

No.  Chris Lee shouldn't have either.

You do realize that Chris Lee probably resigned because his wife was going to leave him if he stayed in DC with all the lobbyist groupies.  Sure Lee could have ridden it out, but he would have lost his family and children in the process. 

Lee did the right thing personally because his career and affairs were taking up more importance than his family and children.  He wanted to get back home to a normal life.  That's commendable.
milhouse24
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2011, 04:52:15 PM »

I think he should resign because it looks bad from a PR standpoint and for the party.  Go hide for 2 years and then run for mayor, people forget things, and he might actually win.  The point is to stay out of the news and make people forget how much of a scumbag you are.  Look at George Allen, he's going to be Senator again, and he's not as bad as what Weiner did

And this my friend is why anyone with brown skin has a natural distrust of the Republican party.  What Weiner did was a consensual exchange between adults in presumed privacy.

You do realize that it is illegal to send naked photos to minors or written lewd communication.  Also, its considered sexual harassment to send naked photos to strangers, that Weiner never even met in person.  For God Sake, some of the women could have been Men/Private Detectives/RNC activists who pretended to be young women entrapping him to commit these morally reprehensive behavior.  The Women were complete STRANGERS, they were not his friends, girlfriends, co-workers, constituents.  He NEVER MET THEM BEFORE and he's sending them pictures of his Weiner?  How can you consider that an adult dating relationship?  There are millions of Sexual Predators on Myspace and online that entice women and contribute to misogynistic culture of sexual gratification.  He was not looking for friends to donate to his campaign, he was sadistically manipulating these women for his personal urges because he was a famous politician abusing his power over young vulnerable women.  If you trust Weiner so much, have your daughters, or nieces work for him as an intern, it must be fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies