PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:02:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29
Author Topic: PA Gubernatorial Race 2006  (Read 93036 times)
danwxman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: November 20, 2005, 12:23:51 AM »

Stop putting words in my mouth you imbecile. I merely stated the Democrats did very well in the Lehigh Valley this past election. That can't be refuted.

Not really. Except for Kerry winning, the GOP pretty much won everything else competitive. Dent won here, Specter won here, and the special elections for the vacant Senate and House seats went our way.

TWOTHOUSANDFIVE
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #526 on: November 20, 2005, 12:37:21 AM »

Stop putting words in my mouth you imbecile. I merely stated the Democrats did very well in the Lehigh Valley this past election. That can't be refuted.

Not really. Except for Kerry winning, the GOP pretty much won everything else competitive. Dent won here, Specter won here, and the special elections for the vacant Senate and House seats went our way.

TWOTHOUSANDFIVE

lol Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #527 on: November 20, 2005, 09:42:12 AM »

It is a tossup area and more a matter of quality of candidate running and campaign dollars, not ideology.   

Uh, if that was the case, Karen Beyer and Pat Browne would not have won. They were not "high quality" candidates. This area is not a tossup, hack.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #528 on: November 20, 2005, 09:43:34 AM »

TWOTHOUSANDFIVE

Now let's see.... Should we go by the Presidential/Congressional races or the county whatever races that produced a turnout of about six voters?
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #529 on: November 20, 2005, 11:43:17 AM »

TWOTHOUSANDFIVE

Now let's see.... Should we go by the Presidential/Congressional races or the county whatever races that produced a turnout of about six voters?

Those six are likely voters.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #530 on: November 24, 2005, 11:17:28 AM »

Montco County Commissioner Jim Matthews, brother of Chris Matthews, is running for the Lt. Gubernatorial nomination for the GOP  -  http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/113-11232005-574363.html
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #531 on: November 24, 2005, 11:19:37 AM »

Interesting news especially for Castor since he left open the idea of running for Lt. Gov. with Swann. I guess this is a sign that that won't be happening.
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #532 on: November 24, 2005, 12:44:58 PM »

It seems that Swann is the strongest challenger to Rendell.  In a Rendell vs. Swann race, I would predict a Rendell win of, roughly, 5.5%, though Swann could win with some hard work and an organized campaign network.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #533 on: November 24, 2005, 12:50:12 PM »

It seems that Swann is the strongest challenger to Rendell.  In a Rendell vs. Swann race, I would predict a Rendell win of, roughly, 5.5%, though Swann could win with some hard work and an organized campaign network.

Alright man, 25 posts!  You are now an official citizen of Atlasia! Cheesy
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #534 on: November 24, 2005, 02:20:47 PM »

Alright man, 25 posts!  You are now an official citizen of Atlasia! Cheesy

Thank you, CheeseWhiz.  I look forward to working with you during my time there.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #535 on: November 30, 2005, 08:28:07 PM »

Another candidate for Lt. Governor - State Rep. Mike Turzai - http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05334/614523.stm

I'm now at the point where I don't want State Senator John Pippy to get into this race because it will be too hard to decide who I should vote for (considering what I know now).

In related news, Jim Paynard, Republican candidate for Governor, endorsed Turzai's candidacy.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #536 on: December 03, 2005, 09:26:17 PM »

Another candidate for Lt. Governor - State Rep. Mike Turzai - http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05334/614523.stm

I'm now at the point where I don't want State Senator John Pippy to get into this race because it will be too hard to decide who I should vote for (considering what I know now).

In related news, Jim Paynard, Republican candidate for Governor, endorsed Turzai's candidacy.

Can't stand Turzai.  I might write in a candidate if it were between him and senile Baker-Knoll. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #537 on: December 03, 2005, 11:43:14 PM »

Can't stand Turzai.  I might write in a candidate if it were between him and senile Baker-Knoll. 

Turzai is a Republican.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #538 on: December 03, 2005, 11:45:16 PM »

Turzai is a Republican.

I know, but I would consider a liberal Republican if Baker Knoll is the nominee.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #539 on: December 03, 2005, 11:48:11 PM »

Turzai is a Republican.

I know, but I would consider a liberal Republican if Baker Knoll is the nominee.

Maybe you don't know but we vote for tickets in the general election. You can't vote for Lt. Gov seperately.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #540 on: December 03, 2005, 11:56:05 PM »

Turzai is a Republican.

Maybe you don't know but we vote for tickets in the general election. You can't vote for Lt. Gov seperately.

sh**t that's right.  Oh well, I guess I have to hold nose.  Hope Eddie drops her like a bad habit.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #541 on: December 04, 2005, 12:01:18 AM »

sh**t that's right.  Oh well, I guess I have to hold nose.  Hope Eddie drops her like a bad habit.

He won't (atleast not publicly).
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #542 on: December 04, 2005, 12:52:54 AM »

Unfortunately. Cry This is a race where I may have to just go with a third party candidate because the rest of the candidates will be so wrong for the state that holding my nose is not even an option.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #543 on: December 04, 2005, 01:50:50 AM »

Unfortunately. Cry This is a race where I may have to just go with a third party candidate because the rest of the candidates will be so wrong for the state that holding my nose is not even an option.

I know someone that used to work for her and have good reasons why I wouldn't vote for her.  She is a DINO, plain and simple.  If only we can split that ticket.  Hell, I'd vote Bill Scranton for Lt. Governor over her.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #544 on: December 08, 2005, 02:33:37 PM »

Matthews makes it official - http://www.pennlive.com/newslogs/patriotnews/index.ssf?/mtlogs/penn_patriotnews/archives/2005_12.html#098314

and another candidate for Lt. Governor - Greg Sahd

From a Sahd release:

On Dec. 1 before nearly 200 Lancaster County Republicans, former county treasurer Greg Sahd announced that he will be seeking the Republican nomination for Lt. Governor in 2006.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #545 on: December 13, 2005, 04:30:55 PM »

Rendell approval up a bit, disapproval down. He's leading all Republican challengers by double digits. Swann leads GOP primary field.

http://www.politicspa.com/temp/quinndec05.htm

Other news - Pippy will not run for Lt. Governor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #546 on: December 14, 2005, 03:24:24 PM »

http://www.matthews4ltgov.com/

http://teamturzai.com

I'm undecided in the race for Lt. Governor. Pippy's decision to stay out helps a lot. I'm leaning towards Matthews and one of the reasons why is because I've been reminded that Turzai endorsed Scranton.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #547 on: December 15, 2005, 08:07:55 PM »

I just received an e-mail from the Swann campaign. He said that he will "embark on a historic journey to change Pennsylvania" on January 4th. Seems that that's an obvious announcement of candidacy date.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #548 on: December 15, 2005, 08:13:33 PM »

I just received an e-mail from the Swann campaign. He said that he will "embark on a historic journey to change Pennsylvania" on January 4th. Seems that that's an obvious announcement of candidacy date.
No, it sounds like he's going to convert to Islam and complete the Hajj. Roll Eyes Wink

Anyways, December has been a dull month for this race... Sad
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #549 on: December 15, 2005, 11:48:22 PM »

According to the Northeast Times (NE Philly paper), the first GOP primary debate will be on January 25th. Piccola and Swann have already agreed to attend the debate. The State Committee's endorsement vote (A big deal here) will be held on February 11th.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies