PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:10:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29
Author Topic: PA Gubernatorial Race 2006  (Read 93011 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2005, 10:30:38 AM »

From the SV Poll:

9. Do you approve or disapprove of Governor Ed Rendell's job performance?

Approve 46%
Disapprove 40%
Undecided 14%

10. If the Republican primary were today, whom would you vote for? (Republicans only)

Lynn Swann 39%
Bill Scranton 30%
Jeff Piccola 10%
Undecided 21%

11. If the election for Governor were held today, and the choice was between Ed Rendell, the Democrat and Lynn Swann, the Republican, whom would you vote for?

Rendell 48%
Swann 43%
Undecided 9%

12. If the election for Governor were held today, and the choice was between Ed Rendell, the Democrat and Bill Scranton, the Republican, whom would you vote for?

Rendell 47%
Scranton 42%
Undecided 11%

13. If the election for Governor were held today, and the choice was between Ed Rendell, the Democrat and Jeff Piccola, the Republican, whom would you vote for?

Rendell 50%
Piccola 34%
Undecided 16%
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2005, 01:03:28 PM »

I think that's the highest I've seen Piccola's numbers.  Piccola is the only Republican candidate I would definitely vote for Rendell over.  I'm still waiting to see more of what Scranton and Swann have to offer before I make an endorsement.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #427 on: September 15, 2005, 08:40:27 PM »

Just another poll confirming that this will be close. Swann up by nine and he's only losing to Rendell by five. It's looking good.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #428 on: September 16, 2005, 11:08:26 AM »

New Keystone Poll:

Primary:

Swann 25%
Picolla 5%
Scranton 18%

General:

Rendell 46%
Picolla 37%

Rendell 51%
Scranton 34%

Rendell 53%
Swann 33%
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #429 on: September 16, 2005, 11:20:09 AM »

New Keystone Poll:

Primary:

Swann 25%
Picolla 5%
Scranton 18%

General:

Rendell 46%
Picolla 37%

Rendell 51%
Scranton 34%

Rendell 53%
Swann 33%

Intersting poll..if you look at the data they oversampled Republicans.  I'd call this an outlier, no way Piccola is the only one within striking distance of Rendell.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #430 on: September 17, 2005, 09:30:17 AM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

how did that happen?
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #431 on: September 17, 2005, 09:36:01 AM »

I really don't know... Swan looks about the strongest of the GOP candidates, even if he loses, which IMHO would be far from certian, Spectre will probably not be running in 2010 and may step down before that even... in which case had he ran a strong but losing campaign against an incumbent democratic governor Swan might be well placed to run for Senate.

A Casey - Swan Senate delegation would be nice Smiley 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #432 on: September 17, 2005, 06:15:44 PM »

No it wouldn't.  I want a Casey-Schwartz delegation in 2011.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #433 on: September 17, 2005, 06:28:32 PM »

And I'd like a big screen TV propped up on one of the walls in my bedroom without having to pay a cent for it but we need to realize we're dealing with reality here.  Tongue

Casey is running for Governor in 2010 so it is possible that he won't be in the delegation (or he could lose to Santorum next year and not be there at all) and Schwartz isn't getting to the Senate.
RJ
« Reply #434 on: September 17, 2005, 07:59:53 PM »

Haven't taken the time to read all 29 pages of this thread:(

Just 1 simple question: Is this Lynn Swann a former football player; the reciever for the Stellers in the 70's?

PS: My dad follows Rueters news all day on ETRADE and says the PA governor is in the news a lot for some reason.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #435 on: September 17, 2005, 08:21:12 PM »

Just 1 simple question: Is this Lynn Swann a former football player; the reciever for the Stellers in the 70's?
Yes, which, as we all know, is just the right experience needed to lead one of America's largest states.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #436 on: September 17, 2005, 08:34:28 PM »

Yes, which, as we all know, is just the right experience needed to lead one of America's largest states.

Yes because we all know that if you are not an elected official you are clearly not intelligent enough and do not have the ability to run a state.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: September 17, 2005, 09:23:50 PM »

Yes because we all know that if you are not an elected official you are clearly not intelligent enough and do not have the ability to run a state.
It doesn't make him less intellgent, but running as if "Chief Fitness Advisor" or whatever that bullshi.t job is called is enough to be governor does not give him the ability. Even you must admit he is just trying to fashion himself as a generic Republican.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #438 on: September 17, 2005, 10:10:47 PM »

It doesn't make him less intellgent, but running as if "Chief Fitness Advisor" or whatever that bullshi.t job is called is enough to be governor does not give him the ability. Even you must admit he is just trying to fashion himself as a generic Republican.

Maybe the fitness chief position doesn't give him the ability but I'm sure he'll make a fine Governor as opposed to Rendell. I doubt that even Swann, who actually played football, would put his analysis of an Eagles-Steelers football game as the top news story on his Gubernatorial website! (Yes, Rendell did that)
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #439 on: September 17, 2005, 10:19:40 PM »

Maybe the fitness chief position doesn't give him the ability but I'm sure he'll make a fine Governor as opposed to Rendell. I doubt that even Swann, who actually played football, would put his analysis of an Eagles-Steelers football game as the top news story on his Gubernatorial website! (Yes, Rendell did that)
You honestly need to give up on that. Who gives a shi.t what the man does in his private time? That's one thing I hate, politicians doing stuff in their private life and being attacked for it, with certain exceptions (a la wife beating, murdering, cannibalism, etc.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #440 on: September 17, 2005, 10:21:07 PM »

You honestly need to give up on that. Who gives a shi.t what the man does in his private time? That's one thing I hate, politicians doing stuff in their private life and being attacked for it, with certain exceptions (a la wife beating, murdering, cannibalism, etc.)

His private time? It was on the state website, moron. And speaking of private time, why are you bashing Swann for being a football player? You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #441 on: September 17, 2005, 11:10:43 PM »

His private time? It was on the state website, moron. And speaking of private time, why are you bashing Swann for being a football player? You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

1. Who gives a sh**t if it was on the state website. It's not like they are endorsing Rendell.

2. Moron? That's mean and disrepectful. Sad

3. No, I'm attacking him for running just because he was a football player.

4. Yes, I know what I'm talking about. Do you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #442 on: September 17, 2005, 11:12:57 PM »

1. Who gives a sh**t if it was on the state website. It's not like they are endorsing Rendell.

The state website of the Governor decides the most important news is Rendell on the Eagles vs. the Steelers. Awesome.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't believe his campaign is "I am a football player therefore I want to be Governor."

No, seriously...
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #443 on: September 17, 2005, 11:21:33 PM »

The state website of the Governor decides the most important news is Rendell on the Eagles vs. the Steelers. Awesome.

I don't believe his campaign is "I am a football player therefore I want to be Governor."

No, seriously...

1. What should he talk about instead? The Republican house and senate passing a wage increase?

2. Never said that. He's more of a "I played for the Steelers, and I'm a generic Republican.

3. Answer why you felt it was necessary.

4. Yeah, seriously. At least I don't go around yelling "Bruce Castor for Senate/House/Governor/Lt. Governor/Attorney General/Other Office" and how badly Allison Schwartz would loose.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #444 on: September 17, 2005, 11:24:28 PM »

1. What should he talk about instead? The Republican house and senate passing a wage increase?

Yeah, silly me. I hate when I suggest that the Governor do his job properly.

As opposed to Rendell's "I like a cheesesteak and am a generic Democrat"

That was...funny?

Atleast I'm not supporting Pinnochio. How's he doing?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: September 17, 2005, 11:32:17 PM »

Yeah, silly me. I hate when I suggest that the Governor do his job properly.

As opposed to Rendell's "I like a cheesesteak and am a generic Democrat"

That was...funny?

Atleast I'm not supporting Pinnochio. How's he doing?
1. So he should talk about how great the Wage Increase was? You're pretty sad when your main reason for opposing Rendell is because he went on a television program. If it was Santorum, you'd say "Did you see Rick last night? He was GREAT!!! Oh, and here's a PRO-GAY MARRIAGE, PRO-CHOICE Republican WHO SUPPORTS SANTORUM.

2. No, he's more of a "I was Philly's mayor for several years, and I'm a generic Democrat.

3. Glad to see you keep avoiding addressing your childish remarks.

4. Not supposed to be. And I don't support Pennacchio, he's a looser. How's Dick doing?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #446 on: September 17, 2005, 11:37:31 PM »

1. So he should talk about how great the Wage Increase was? You're pretty sad when your main reason for opposing Rendell is because he went on a television program. If it was Santorum, you'd say "Did you see Rick last night? He was GREAT!!! Oh, and here's a PRO-GAY MARRIAGE, PRO-CHOICE Republican WHO SUPPORTS SANTORUM.

He's a show off who is all about his image, not the job he does. As for your Santorum comments, more of the usual Max Power immaturity as he loses a debate.

Did he ever really campaign on being Mayor? It was about him being Mr. Popularity. It was about him shoving a cheesesteak down his throat and being more exciting than Fisher.

What childish remarks? Calling you a moron? Eh...they may be childish but I am a fan of the truth.

Oh you don't support Chuck now? Why? Finally realized he would get smashed? Now you have to go with the cool kids and support Casey? Get back to me when you grow a spine.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: September 17, 2005, 11:44:02 PM »

He's a show off who is all about his image, not the job he does. As for your Santorum comments, more of the usual Max Power immaturity as he loses a debate.

Did he ever really campaign on being Mayor? It was about him being Mr. Popularity. It was about him shoving a cheesesteak down his throat and being more exciting than Fisher.

What childish remarks? Calling you a moron? Eh...they may be childish but I am a fan of the truth.

Oh you don't support Chuck now? Why? Finally realized he would get smashed? Now you have to go with the cool kids and support Casey? Get back to me when you grow a spine.

1. Wow, Phil, just wow. Just when I thought you couldn't get any lower, you did. Go back to the senate page, and you linked to a blog about a Republican who is pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage, and when somebody else said they know an anti-choice, anti-same sex marriage person, you said you could care less. But, being the hypocrit you are, that doesn't surprise me.

2. No, he didn't have to campaign about being more exciting than Fisher, because a brick is more exciting than Fisher. But, you choose to ignore the facts, that he was mayor for several years, while Swann was what? The Chief Fitness Advisor to the President, which, in your world, is more than enough to become president.

3. Glad to see how you love to act like your mature or something. You're not.

4. You can't tell me to grow a spine when you supported Toomey. Did you go with "the cool kids" and support Specter, or was he too ultra-liberal for your tastes?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #448 on: September 17, 2005, 11:49:32 PM »

There is political importance to it, Casey. It reflects attitudes of the electorate. That's why I posted it.

He was more exciting than Fisher, therefore, it helped him during the campaign. Try to follow a point.

Yes, I ignore that he was Mayor of my city. I ignored that. It never happened. You really are an idiot.

I have to fight with your ignorance so deal with it.

What? That didn't even make sense. You say I supported Toomey yet ask if I supported Specter. I supported Toomey in the primary. You dropped your support for that idiot professor (by the way, when you supported him, was being a college professor enough to be Senator because Santorum was Senator for twelve years and a Congressman before that!) before the primary.
RJ
« Reply #449 on: September 18, 2005, 01:46:43 AM »

Can both you two hold it for just a second???

Lynn Swan? Football player and Superbowl hero Lynn Swann? Rendell has an unofficial 5 point lead over him? Swanny must be just an aweful politician. What current post does he hold? I thought he was one of those sideline media guys from one of the major networks.

If Swann runs and loses to Rendell, the GOP in PA will really take a hit and could turn into something along the lines of the GOP in IL! Lets see. Which senate candidate reminds us the most of Jack Ryan???

Honestly, I can't think of someone who is more likely to beat Rendell than a former athlete like Swann. Not who's more qualified or the best candidate, but who's more likely to win. This will be just an aweful debacle if the GOP Fcks this one up.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies