PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:27:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29
Author Topic: PA Gubernatorial Race 2006  (Read 92987 times)
Cashcow

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: August 04, 2005, 09:44:59 PM »

Putting both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia on the front page of his website is a nice touch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #376 on: August 04, 2005, 09:56:46 PM »

Putting both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia on the front page of his website is a nice touch.

Everyone does that but he doesn't have to. I honestly believe he can say "Screw the east" and win. The west is pretty angry with Edddie.
danwxman

« Reply #377 on: August 05, 2005, 12:40:20 AM »

Eww, he seems really anti-abortion. I sincerly hope he's not a far-right freak on social issues like Santorum.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2005, 04:15:28 AM »

Its nice to see Republicans rexruiting blacks to run for important offices... 

I'm no fan of Ed Rendell, so I probably wouldn't mind if he lost to Swann, provided that 1. he's not too far right-wing 2. Bob Casey wins and 3. Democratic house candidates kick ass and 4. Democrats somehow prevent Republicans from having complete control of redistricting....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #379 on: August 05, 2005, 06:14:42 PM »

Its nice to see Republicans rexruiting blacks to run for important offices... 

I'm no fan of Ed Rendell, so I probably wouldn't mind if he lost to Swann, provided that 1. he's not too far right-wing 2. Bob Casey wins and 3. Democratic house candidates kick ass and 4. Democrats somehow prevent Republicans from having complete control of redistricting....

1) He's not "far" right wing.
2) Let's hope not.  Smiley
3) Haha...good luck with that.
4) Not going to happen. The GOP dominates the State Legislature. In the State Senate, I believe it's 31-19 and we have a comfortable margin in the State House.
No One
DMK169
Rookie

« Reply #380 on: August 05, 2005, 07:10:07 PM »

Jeff Coleman is a former State Representative who is well known for his conservative message. For whatever reason, he decided to endorse Bill Scranton. This is exactly what I've been fearing. I still think Swann will win the primary but these endorsements make things tougher for the state committee endorsement and that means a lot in PA.

Oh and by the way, Coleman tried to get Peg Luksik the GOP nomination in '90 over Hafer yet he does this.

dont worry about it. coleman's endorsement doesnt mean a thing to anyone other than himself.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #381 on: August 05, 2005, 07:12:12 PM »

Jeff Coleman is a former State Representative who is well known for his conservative message. For whatever reason, he decided to endorse Bill Scranton. This is exactly what I've been fearing. I still think Swann will win the primary but these endorsements make things tougher for the state committee endorsement and that means a lot in PA.

Oh and by the way, Coleman tried to get Peg Luksik the GOP nomination in '90 over Hafer yet he does this.

dont worry about it. coleman's endorsement doesnt mean a thing to anyone other than himself.

I hope so. I'm just worried about the state committee and how familiar they are with Scranton.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #382 on: August 22, 2005, 01:34:47 AM »

I was watching the horrible Adam Sandler movie "The Waterboy" the other day and was shocked to see Lynn Swann in it, playing himself.

No particular point, really - just thought it was interesting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #383 on: August 22, 2005, 01:39:12 AM »

I was watching the horrible Adam Sandler movie "The Waterboy" the other day and was shocked to see Lynn Swann in it, playing himself.

No particular point, really - just thought it was interesting.

That stuff actually helps him somewhat. The more people from western PA see him on TV, in the local papers, etc. the better he is remembered. Being football related actually helps out there. People out west look at Rendell and see a football commentator from a city they generally dislike so anyone that thinks that they'll suddenly stick by Eddie is crazy. I loved the Quinnipiac polls that showed him getting around 30% in SW PA.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #384 on: August 23, 2005, 07:33:46 PM »

Jim Payard, who was at one point running for Governor as a member of the Constitution party, has now said that he is "99% sure" that he will run for Governor in the Republican primary.

The field now includes...

Republicans - State Senator Jeff Piccola
                   - Former Lt. Gov. Bill Scranton
                   - Lynn Swann
                   - Jim Paynard

So far, Ed Rendell is not receiving any challenge in the Democratic primary.

Drake Minder who some may remember from his run for both Charlie Dent's Senate seat (in a Special election) and Pat Browne's House seat (also in a Special election) is an official Independent candidate. Minder received 5% in the Special State House election and 3% in the Special State Senate election.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2005, 07:52:03 PM »

Everyone does that but he doesn't have to. I honestly believe he can say "Screw the east" and win. The west is pretty angry with Edddie.

If He does that, I'm voting/will actively support Ed Rendell (as opposed to doing the same for Mike Fisher in '02).

Screw the West. Up with the Southeast.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #386 on: August 23, 2005, 08:06:32 PM »

If He does that, I'm voting/will actively support Ed Rendell (as opposed to doing the same for Mike Fisher in '02).

Rendell makes us look bad. The guy goes out of his way to be more of a sports commentator than a Governor and people out west, as well as everyone else, should be mad that people in this area of the state just accept that.

Up with all of Pennsylvania.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #387 on: August 23, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »

Rendell makes us look bad. The guy goes out of his way to be more of a sports commentator than a Governor and people out west, as well as everyone else, should be mad that people in this area of the state just accept that.

UP with the SE first...since we're essentially subsidizing the rest of the state anyhow...and by we're, I mean the philly burbs.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #388 on: August 23, 2005, 08:46:26 PM »

UP with the SE first...since we're essentially subsidizing the rest of the state anyhow...and by we're, I mean the philly burbs.

We aren't struggling in these parts, bullmoose. If we are going to put someone else "up" first, it should be elsewhere.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #389 on: August 23, 2005, 09:26:25 PM »

And so we should just accept some inexperienced clown who is a Hall of Fame WR and used to be on ABC?  Come on Phil, you are a partisan hack if I ever saw one!
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #390 on: August 23, 2005, 09:34:43 PM »

And so we should just accept some inexperienced clown who is a Hall of Fame WR and used to be on ABC?  Come on Phil, you are a partisan hack if I ever saw one!
Well said. He attacks Casey for running on a name, but for some reason, Swann is running an intellegent, thought-provoking campaign. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #391 on: August 23, 2005, 09:37:14 PM »

Well said. He attacks Casey for running on a name, but for some reason, Swann is running an intellegent, thought-provoking campaign. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Swann is better than what's in power now and wants the job. Casey is running because Reid and Schumer wouldn't stop bugging him. The reason why I am a "hack" in Flyers' view is because I'm not your typical NE Philly voter who worships Eddie. Flyers, want to know the real reason why people like Rendell around here so much? You guessed it! Football! Go door to door and call them hacks.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: August 23, 2005, 09:41:07 PM »

Swann is better than what's in power now and wants the job.
Wow. He wants the job. Good for him.

I want Bill Gates's job, can I have it because I want it?

Flyers probably wants Hugh Heffner's job, can he have it because he wants it? Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #393 on: August 23, 2005, 09:42:19 PM »

Flyers probably wants Hugh Heffner's job, can he have it because he wants it? Roll Eyes

Swann wants the job. Eddie wants to be a sports commentator. Who do we choose?

If you'd quit being such a jackass everytime we discuss something, maybe you'd see where I am going with things.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #394 on: August 23, 2005, 09:44:07 PM »

Swann wants the job. Eddie wants to be a sports commentator. Who do we choose?

If you'd quit being such a jackass everytime we discuss something, maybe you'd see where I am going with things.
Once again, good for Swann. I can think of at least 250 people who'd like the job. Does that mean they should be governor.

And thanks for calling me a jackass, Phillip, real mature. Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #395 on: August 23, 2005, 09:45:25 PM »

Once again, good for Swann. I can think of at least 250 people who'd like the job. Does that mean they should be governor.

Are those 250 people running for Governor? In a matchup between two candidates, I'd like to go with someone who actually wants the job.

It is perfectly appropriate when dealing with the stupidity that you spew.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #396 on: August 23, 2005, 09:48:38 PM »

Are those 250 people running for Governor? In a matchup between two candidates, I'd like to go with someone who actually wants the job.

So if Jesus didn't want to be governor of Pennsylvania, but Bob Taft did, you'd vote for Bob Taft?

And once again, Phillip, I wish you'd quit throwing around childish names and be mature for once.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #397 on: August 23, 2005, 09:50:45 PM »

So if Jesus didn't want to be governor of Pennsylvania, but Bob Taft did, you'd vote for Bob Taft?

And once again, Phillip, I wish you'd quit throwing around childish names and be mature for once.

I won't respond to such a stupid remark. Fact of the matter is (and people realize it) that Eddie is more concerned about a scoreboard than what's going on in Harrisburg. You'll see.

And once again, Casey, you decide to start your stupidity up, trying to get me to flip out. Get a life.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: August 23, 2005, 09:55:07 PM »

I won't respond to such a stupid remark. Fact of the matter is (and people realize it) that Eddie is more concerned about a scoreboard than what's going on in Harrisburg. You'll see.

And once again, Casey, you decide to start your stupidity up, trying to get me to flip out. Get a life.
WTF?? Is that the best you can do? Attack the governor for being an Eagles fan, and then call everyone who disagrees with you stupid? Angry

And you still didn't answer my question.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #399 on: August 23, 2005, 09:58:50 PM »

WTF?? Is that the best you can do? Attack the governor for being an Eagles fan, and then call everyone who disagrees with you stupid? Angry

And you still didn't answer my question.

He's more than a fan, clown. He spends hours analyzing Eagles games! You don't think the GOP will have fun with that during the campaign?

And your question about Jesus vs. Bob Taft is so ridiculous that it's not getting a response.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies