PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:05:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29
Author Topic: PA Gubernatorial Race 2006  (Read 93038 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2005, 05:08:33 PM »

Closer than I thought.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2005, 05:47:34 PM »

I hope Rendell chooses Franco Harris to be his running mate.

Rendell/Harris 2006!!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #327 on: July 25, 2005, 05:58:49 PM »

Rendell/Pennacchio. now that would be a great team.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2005, 07:35:43 PM »

The poll seems about right though I honestly believe Swann would do better than Scranton.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #329 on: July 25, 2005, 08:49:09 PM »

http://rasmussenreports.com/2005/Pennsylvania%20Governor.htm

Rasmussen points out that PA might have some of the most interesting races next year, including the Governor race.

Swann's getting 26% of the black vote while splitting the white vote with Rendell.

Scranton beats Rendell when it comes to the white vote but is drawing little support from the black community.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #330 on: July 27, 2005, 09:59:05 AM »

Knoll isn't leaving according to Eddie and he seems serious. What happened to his distaste for her? This was the perfect opportunity to having something to throw at her, an excuse to campaign against her (even if it still hurt alittle). Anyway, I'm so confused over who is worse now - Eddie or Catherine.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05208/544225.stm
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #331 on: July 27, 2005, 06:26:26 PM »

[img] Anyway, I'm so confused over who is worse now - Eddie or Catherine.

Catherine.  A horrible person Wink.  Rendell's not THAT horrible.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #332 on: July 27, 2005, 06:32:19 PM »

But Catherine knows what her job is (even though she has a hard time doing it) while Eddie doesn't know if he's a Governor or a sports commentator.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: July 27, 2005, 06:40:02 PM »

But Catherine knows what her job is (even though she has a hard time doing it) while Eddie doesn't know if he's a Governor or a sports commentator.

She may know what her job is but she doesn't even know her boss' name.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #334 on: July 27, 2005, 06:42:19 PM »

She may know what her job is but she doesn't even know her boss' name.

Very true but Rendell's staff didn't even know how to spell Pennsylvania!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #335 on: July 27, 2005, 06:54:25 PM »

Todays a huge today for Pennsylvania football! I mean politics! Are you ready for some debating?!?!?! WOO! Here comes Dennis Leh...OH he's gonna attach his tax plan as amendment! tricky! But it was stopped dead in its tracks by David Brightbill! Good try, Dennis! We'll see you next week when Catherine Baker-Knoll tries not to fumble, but instead fumbles 99x as bad! it'll be AMAZING! Until then im John Madden! I mean Ed Rendell! Good night folks! Grin
danwxman

« Reply #336 on: July 27, 2005, 10:04:45 PM »

That's so dumb. Does Santorum get confused with being a writer instead of a Senator?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #337 on: July 27, 2005, 10:26:03 PM »

That's so dumb. Does Santorum get confused with being a writer instead of a Senator?

Commentator Rendell has spent almost every Sunday during the football season while in office analyzing Eagles' games. I have suggested in the past that we have a "Guv Budget Update" during Post Game Live to see how the state is doing. "The property tax hike is like the Eagles' drive to the twenty yard line in the third quarter, folks - It went looked great in the beginning but ended in a missed opportunity." I can see him saying stuff like that. I can't wait until the GOP uses this stuff against him.
danwxman

« Reply #338 on: July 27, 2005, 10:30:33 PM »

Commentator Rendell has spent almost every Sunday during the football season while in office analyzing Eagles' games. I have suggested in the past that we have a "Guv Budget Update" during Post Game Live to see how the state is doing. "The property tax hike is like the Eagles' drive to the twenty yard line in the third quarter, folks - It went looked great in the beginning but ended in a missed opportunity." I can see him saying stuff like that. I can't wait until the GOP uses this stuff against him.

So what? Rendell has gotten more through the legislature in three years then most Governors do in two terms. He's literally gotten everything done that he said he would get done...aside from the Act 72 trap the Republicans set for him. Let him be a sports commentator.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #339 on: July 27, 2005, 10:31:55 PM »

Let him be a sports commentator.

I guess I agree. He'll be making it his full time job in January 2007 so he might as well just stay now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #340 on: July 28, 2005, 12:31:05 AM »

Watching the NFL Game of the Week on the NFL network had me laughing.

The Game of the Week is the 2004 NFC Championship between the Eagles and the Falcons. In the beginning, they go through a brief history of our bad luck in this city when it comes to sports and yet how passionate we remain.

Wait. What does this have to do with the Governor's race? Think about it for a minute.

Yep. You guessed it. Fast Eddie was one of the first people they showed. The best part is how he said that as Mayor, he could try to raise taxes after an Eagles playoff game and no one would notice. The hilarious part is how stuff like that may cost him the elected office he has now.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #341 on: August 01, 2005, 12:09:44 AM »

As expected from Politics1....

The news on Bill Scranton. This guy is such a nut. Just get out of the race, Bill.

PENNSYLVANIA: In 1986, Lieutenant Governor Bill Scranton III (R) had his gubernatorial campaign derailed by a last-minute TV spot that referenced his past drug use and ties to purported cult leader Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. The Maharishi -- who styles himself the leader of a new, one-world peace government -- believes yogic flying (levitating) and nationwide meditating solve problems like crime and economic slumps. Scranton wants you to believe all of this wacky Maharishi stuff is years in his past. But it's not. Scranton wants you to believe his only involvement these days is spending a few minutes in daily meditation to cut stress. But it isn't. In fact, as we publish this, Scranton is currently featured on a Maharishi website extolling the virtues of Maharishi University. Click here to read our EXCLUSIVE investigative report on the current frontrunner for next year's GOP nomination for Governor. And, for you cynics of our reporting, we've well documented it thoroughly -- just click the links in the article to verify any of the outrageous things we reported.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #342 on: August 01, 2005, 12:18:58 AM »

Arggggghhhhhh

I just remembered. The Wyoming County Republicans just had our summer picnic. I was away on Saturday, but I got a call today from a guy who was their. It was all about the three S's for us. Santorum, Sherwood, and Scranton. The County Chair actually got up and said Scranton would be a better candidate due to his experience. Experience with what, losing? I hate my county party.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #343 on: August 01, 2005, 01:58:38 AM »

Arggggghhhhhh

I just remembered. The Wyoming County Republicans just had our summer picnic. I was away on Saturday, but I got a call today from a guy who was their. It was all about the three S's for us. Santorum, Sherwood, and Scranton. The County Chair actually got up and said Scranton would be a better candidate due to his experience. Experience with what, losing? I hate my county party.

With Scranton at the top of the ticket, the conservatives of the party will not be energized at all. Sure they will turnout for Santorum but we might see many of those voters skip the Gubernatorial race or vote for a conservative third party candidate (We could see the return of a Luksik-like candidacy). Another problem is that many Rendell voters from '02 might find no reason to switch to Scranton.

At this point, I'm done worrying about a surprise Piccola nomination. The guy is polling in the single digits. Everyone expected him to be behind but when you're running against big names who are polling thirty points ahead of you, you're pretty much finished. Now my concern is over Scranton. Swann is ahead right now (I have no idea why Politics1 said Scranton was the frontrunner.) by about ten points but there is a cause for concern with the state party. You know how things go and how the candidates agreed that it should go this way, too: State Committee votes next year and that's pretty much the primary. The problem: Old timers remembering Scranton and sticking with him. Let's hope they don't screw this up.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #344 on: August 01, 2005, 02:02:00 AM »

If they nominate Scranton, Santorum will just receive the few extra hours that Swann/Castor would've gotten. No way am I going to campaign at all for Scranton.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2005, 02:06:19 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2005, 02:11:19 AM by Keystone Phil »

If they nominate Scranton, Santorum will just receive the few extra hours that Swann/Castor would've gotten. No way am I going to campaign at all for Scranton.

Same. Scranton or Piccola won't receive any work on my behalf and I hate to say this but I might have to skip the Gubernatorial vote if either of them is nominated.

Basically for me in 2006, it will go as follows:

Santorum work (most of the time)

Castor work (if he runs for Congress. If he's not our nominee, PA 13 will be put on the backburner for me in '06)/Fitzpatrick work ( PA 8 )

Swann work (if nominated)

It's going to be a very busy 2006. That's why I hate this year. We go from nothing to all these races in just a few months.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2005, 02:12:07 AM »

Same. Scranton or Piccola won't receive any work on my behalf and I hate to say this but I might have to skip the Gubernatorial vote if either of them is nominated.

You wouldn't even cast a write-in vote for Swann, Castor, Brown,  your cat, or anybody?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #347 on: August 01, 2005, 02:14:02 AM »

You wouldn't even cast a write-in vote for Swann, Castor, Brown,  your cat, or anybody?

First of all, what's with the insults? I don't have a cat!  Tongue

Would I write in somebody? I really don't know. I see the writing in someone as a serious move that shouldn't be abused. I don't know if I would do that in this race. If I was going to write someone in, I'd probably write in my State Representative and Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Denny O'Brien.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #348 on: August 01, 2005, 04:06:32 PM »

Maharishi say: Maybe better luck next life. Smiley
RBH

« Reply #349 on: August 01, 2005, 04:25:53 PM »

Spoken like a man who doesn't know the power of YOGIC FLYING! You see, you get so happy, you levitate! AWW YEAH DADDY-O!!! SCRANTARISHI 2006!

But, of course, Scranton has no links to the Maharishi any more, other than his daughter going to his university in Iowa, and other than Scranton's endorsement of Hagelin.

I wanna see the "Guru" ad, it sounds like such a kick in the groin.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies