PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:27:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Gubernatorial Race 2006
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29
Author Topic: PA Gubernatorial Race 2006  (Read 92988 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2005, 02:03:20 PM »

Castor considers run for Governor.

http://www.kywnewsradio.com/news_story_detail.cfm?newsitemid=45290

Rendell, Piccola, Scranton, Swann....everyone considering a run for Gov. in 2006 are afraid now...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2005, 10:56:49 PM »

Rendell, Piccola, Scranton, Swann....everyone considering a run for Gov. in 2006 are afraid now...

I want PA Dems to see this and see if they insist that their Eddie is still safe for re-election.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2005, 04:27:32 AM »

I want PA Dems to see this and see if they insist that their Eddie is still safe for re-election.

Yes he is.  Remember Ed Rendell has WAY more star power than Bruce Castor.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2005, 05:51:09 AM »

Rendell's pretty safe.

This state has a habit of sticking 8 years per party control for governor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2005, 02:03:30 PM »

You're crazy. Castor will cut into Rendell's base big time and the west can't stand Rendell to begin with.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2005, 02:23:48 PM »

What was it we were talking about Phil ?  A Castor/Swann ticket ?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »

What was it we were talking about Phil ?  A Castor/Swann ticket ?

Yes. Though Castor/Pippy would be a pretty good ticket, too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2005, 01:56:44 PM »

New Rendell approval/disapproval ratings here, folks.

http://politicspa.com/temp/clay_2f.htm
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2005, 10:07:50 PM »

You're crazy. Castor will cut into Rendell's base big time and the west can't stand Rendell to begin with.

Phil,

You dream. No offense dude.

Rendell's still going to run on his record as mayor...and he'll win big in the SE.

This state likes to have two term governors.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2005, 01:24:48 PM »

Phil,

You dream. No offense dude.

Rendell's still going to run on his record as mayor...and he'll win big in the SE.

This state likes to have two term governors.

I dream? You're doubting Castor's popularity, dude? Do you realize his re-election results, dude? Do you realize that the west went for Rendell in 2002 but he's disliked out there, dude?

How can you say that Castor wouldn't cut into Rendell's base here? Rendell won Montco by about 36%. He wouldn't even get close to winning by that much if he had to run against Castor. That's not a dream. Now if I said Swann would cut into the base big time, then you could say I'm dreaming but you obviously don't understand the issue here.

Flyers is this ultimate partisan hack who admires Rendell to no end. Rendell does no wrong, in his eyes.. I'm surprised you decided to go along with his nonsense on this issue.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2005, 05:52:45 PM »

I'm interested in what the Democrat reaction to these numbers are considering last summer a sub-50% number for Bush meant he was toast.  Now Eddie is in the same situation.  Somehow I don't think they are going to say he's toast.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2005, 05:55:09 PM »

I'm interested in what the Democrat reaction to these numbers are considering last summer a sub-50% number for Bush meant he was toast.  Now Eddie is in the same situation.  Somehow I don't think they are going to say he's toast.

The difference is Bush had very low (typically 5% or less) undecided.
danwxman

« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2005, 09:31:30 PM »

Rendell has no strong challenger.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2005, 09:34:39 PM »

Bruce Castor wouldn't be a strong challenger? Here's a suggestion: Give up being a partisan hack for one day.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2005, 09:49:17 PM »

We're still 18 months away from the election.  One could easily emerge in that timeframe.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2005, 11:10:19 PM »

We're still 18 months away from the election.  One could easily emerge in that timeframe.

Here's the thing: If Montgomery county DA Bruce Castor runs, he will be the strongest challenger and would turn this into a very interesting race. Some PA Dems (danwxman) will refuse to admit it though. Got to love those partisan hacks.
danwxman

« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2005, 11:10:34 PM »

Bruce Castor wouldn't be a strong challenger? Here's a suggestion: Give up being a partisan hack for one day.

lol....notice you are the only one who thinks that. You're such a horrible debater.
danwxman

« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2005, 11:11:27 PM »

Here's the thing: If Montgomery county DA Bruce Castor runs, he will be the strongest challenger and would turn this into a very interesting race. Some PA Dems (danwxman) will refuse to admit it though. Got to love those partisan hacks.

Umm, I haven't even commented on Castor yet. At this point, Rendell has no strong challengers. Sorry my friend.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2005, 11:13:06 PM »

lol....notice you are the only one who thinks that. You're such a horrible debater.

I'm the only one that thinks what? That Castor would be a strong challenger? Ask Flyers what he thinks. And my debating skills have nothing to do with who can win. It's not my fault if hacks like yourself are so abundant on this forum.
danwxman

« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2005, 11:14:17 PM »

I'm the only one that thinks what? That Castor would be a strong challenger? Ask Flyers what he thinks. And my debating skills have nothing to do with who can win. It's not my fault if hacks like yourself are so abundant on this forum.

I'm a partisan hack? Pot --> Kettle --> Black
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2005, 11:14:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Umm, I haven't even commented on Castor yet. At this point, Rendell has no strong challengers. Sorry my friend.

Really?

You're such an idiot.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2005, 11:15:14 PM »

In your eyes, Rendell is invinsible. You're the perfect example of a partisan hack.
danwxman

« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2005, 11:16:12 PM »

Really?

You're such an idiot.

I haven't made any comments on what I think about Castor...all I know is that even bullmoose disputes your claim.
danwxman

« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2005, 11:17:59 PM »

In your eyes, Rendell is invinsible. You're the perfect example of a partisan hack.

I would be a partisan hack if only Democrats thought Rendell was invinsible...fact of the matter is even most Republicans on this board recognize Rendell will easily win re-election. Why? All challengers polling way behind, and no incumbent Governor has ever been defeated. You have a very hard time dealing with facts, Phil.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2005, 11:18:24 PM »

Really?

You're such an idiot.

I haven't made any comments on what I think about Castor...all I know is that even bullmoose disputes your claim.

You were saying that I'm the only one that believed he was a strong candidate and made that seem foolish. Also, if you can't admit here and now that Castor is a strong candidate, than you're a partisan hack. No doubt about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies