Mike Allen sheds light on conservative angst
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 06:01:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mike Allen sheds light on conservative angst
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mike Allen sheds light on conservative angst  (Read 562 times)
Whacker77

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55172.html

Mike Allen has a story in Politico today which sheds light on the angst and unhappiness most Republicans and conservatives have about the current 2012 field.  In it, he noted that many have turned to Daniels even though their desire for him shows how bad the field really is.  Still, he has a credible record of conservative governance, but he is charisma challenged.

Those of us here have know since last year the Republican field was shaping up to be the worst in modern times.  Now, the story is finally getting out into the mainstream consciousness.  Strange as this may be, this might be a good thing for Republicans and conservatives looking for better candidates though.  Better to know ahead of time, then to figure this out with little or no time left.

Allen noted many GOP lions have begun to accept Jeb Bush won't run, but some still hold out hope he could come swooping in later this Fall if the field remains tangled and uninspired.  I have been a Jeb proponent for a long time and I think a late entry is possible, but I doubt it happens.

Sadly from the conservative perspective, it appears most conservatives, aided by Rush and Hannity, are more interested in a suicide presidential campaign than finding a winner.  Just today, Rush was promoting Perry, Palin, and Santorum, while dogging Daniels.  To each his own, but I get the sense Rush, especially, wants to see a Palin/Bachmann ticket which loses 40 states but purifies the Republican party.

While I would support Daniels, I doubt he makes it past Iowa and South Carolina because the desire for red meat seems so fervent.  More than likely, the polls will come to show that by this Fall.  If that happens and Jeb and Christie say no, it wouldn't suprise me to see some conservative goon like Bachmann gain momentum.  Sadly though for the party, she or some other fame thrower would do less harm if they wore a suicide vest and detonated it.
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 05:24:17 PM »

I think George Allen should run for president, forget the Senate.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 11:14:58 PM »

That would have been a good idea if not for losing the Senate in the first place.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 11:24:32 PM »

That would have been a good idea if not for losing the Senate in the first place.

Everybody else in this race is a hasbeen, why not Allen?

John E. Sununu is another hasbeen who should run.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies