Junkie for At-Large Senator (Special Election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:23:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Junkie for At-Large Senator (Special Election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Junkie for At-Large Senator (Special Election)  (Read 7288 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2011, 05:30:08 PM »

Endorsed for first preference.

Voting against you in a tragically close election once was often enough. It shouldn't happen again.

Don't worry. This time he's not an underdog.

Anyone who isn't in the JCP is an underdog. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2011, 05:32:33 PM »

Voting against you in a tragically close election once was often enough. It shouldn't happen again.

You didn't have any problems with this when JCP served your career Tongue

Junkie is a formidable opponent, drawing broad support, and I'd be very lucky to defeat him.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2011, 08:33:08 PM »

Junkie is a formidable opponent, drawing broad support, and I'd be very lucky to defeat him.

Thank you very much, but having lost regional elections in two regions and one at-large, I believe I can claim the underdog position when up against someone with your record of winning.  If nothing else, I think we can make this fun and interesting.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »

Thank you very much, but having lost regional elections in two regions and one at-large, I believe I can claim the underdog position when up against someone with your record of winning.  If nothing else, I think we can make this fun and interesting.

Well, to be fair, it's very difficult to win an election in Pacific without being a JCP candidate and it's not so easy to win at-large race as a non-incumbent, with full field of candidates. You can't be blamed for those results.

But if you insist on considering yourself an underdog too, that's even better, because, since none of us feel particulary safe, race is going to be even more interesting Smiley
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2011, 11:43:12 PM »

I don't mean to burst your campaign bubble, but until the Senate informs me that there is a need for one, I can not even set a date for the by-election.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »

Sorry have not been around much, but got sent to a conference for work, caught the flu, and am getting married this week.  Will check in as much as possible.  Also, seeing Kal's policy statement, I am also against cancer.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2011, 11:35:41 AM »

Sorry have not been around much, but got sent to a conference for work, caught the flu, and am getting married this week. Will check in as much as possible. 

Now that's a very good excuse for spending less time in Atlasia. Tongue
All the best wishes!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2011, 07:09:01 PM »

Sorry have not been around much, but got sent to a conference for work, caught the flu, and am getting married this week.  Will check in as much as possible.  Also, seeing Kal's policy statement, I am also against cancer.

I'm glad to see an agreement however I think getting married may be a critical political mistake.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2011, 10:42:06 PM »

Congratulations, Junkie. I had already assumed you were married before, but I'm happy for you now either way. Tongue
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »

Congratulations, Junkie. I had already assumed you were married before, but I'm happy for you now either way. Tongue

Thanks everyone.  Taking the plunge this Saturday.  You will be able to know the exact time fairly easy.  If you are out and you see a group of women crying uncontrollably and bemoaning how unfair it is that they no longer have a chance of landing the sexual tyrannosaurus that is your truly, then you will know I just said I do!  It is a burden I must live with.

Now on to the purpose of the thread.  It seems the election will be soon as HC just got expelled from the Senate.  I want to let you know where I stand on two important pieces of legislation currently before the Senate.  First, I would vote against the GTO bill.  I like international organisations, but this bill makes Atlasia too much of the world's policeman and almost seems to call for us to intervene in too many countries.

Now that I have perhaps wooed JBrase, I will repulse him.  I am against the conscription amendment.  Even with the amendment, it is unworkable.  It limits are ability to respond to a very limited set of circumstances and places the ability to call forward troops to the regions.  Regional armies is not the way to go.  This takes too much away from the President's ability and duties as Commander in Chief.  Thus, I would vote against it.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2011, 04:59:31 PM »

I want to let it be known (in light of my earlier comment) that I'll be holding the election at the earliest reasonable date. We've already gone a month without fair democracy thanks to the personal threats against my person livelyhood (and my ability to make wage) by a particular Senator. I want to say clearly that once the laws are satisfied, I will be ordering this election take place as quickly as is reasonable.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2011, 05:39:36 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2011, 06:16:25 PM by Junkie »

I want to let it be known (in light of my earlier comment) that I'll be holding the election at the earliest reasonable date. We've already gone a month without fair democracy thanks to the personal threats against my person livelyhood (and my ability to make wage) by a particular Senator. I want to say clearly that once the laws are satisfied, I will be ordering this election take place as quickly as is reasonable.

I hope this is a joke.  If anyone is actually threatening you over Atlasian elections I will challenge them to fight in Thunderdome.

EDIT: I think I found what you are talking about.  I made the above response in jest (I don't think I know where to find a thunderdome) at what I thought was a joke.  Teddy, you are great in the job and do not let anyone tell you different.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »

What is this creep saying?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2011, 06:25:59 PM »

Lolwut?
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2011, 07:10:28 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2011, 07:27:31 PM by Junkie »

I agree.  Also...I thought we were both against cancer?

I also agree with you...personal attacks are kind of creepy.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2011, 07:21:09 PM »

Again.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2011, 08:28:51 PM »

Teddy, either explain your very unclear so far accusations or don't waste our time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smoking_Man

Am I the only one who watched this series? Sad
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2011, 10:02:29 PM »

Teddy, either explain your very unclear so far accusations or don't waste our time.

No I watched it, but I always preferred cigarette smoking man.  Plus, the actor was a non-smoker so the cigs were clove.  Fun fact.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2011, 10:06:39 PM »

No I watched it, but I always preferred cigarette smoking man.  Plus, the actor was a non-smoker so the cigs were clove.  Fun fact.

William Davis actually smoked real cigarettes in first scenes, but quickly started to fear he may become an addict again (he quit years ago), so he started to smoke herbal cigarettes.

Also "Morleys" are fictional brand Wink
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2011, 07:13:14 AM »

William Davis actually smoked real cigarettes in first scenes, but quickly started to fear he may become an addict again (he quit years ago), so he started to smoke herbal cigarettes.

Also "Morleys" are fictional brand Wink

That I did not know about the first episodes.  Will store that in my mind so that I can whip it out if it ever is needed in bar trivia.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2011, 09:35:12 AM »

I'd like to add the vaguely relevant point that I'm trying to quit smoking at the moment. It's like there's a small black hole sitting in my brain. Aaaaargh.

*paces*

PS: Good luck in the election, Junkie.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2011, 10:58:15 PM »

Endorsed. I hope you are finally able to break through into the senate. You'd certainly be a tremendous asset.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2011, 12:07:31 AM »

Endorsed!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2011, 12:14:12 AM »

Perhaps if Junkie had stayed in the Mideast, he would've been appointed to their seat. Unlucky timing, eh? Grin
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »

Hey, Junkie, how about little debate? Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies