An Open Letter to Senator StevenNick (R-WA)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:17:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  An Open Letter to Senator StevenNick (R-WA)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Open Letter to Senator StevenNick (R-WA)  (Read 1586 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2004, 04:07:22 PM »

Senator

You have admitted trying to influence the outcome of an election outside of you're district.
While I cannot comment on whether or not you should be campaigning in you're own district instead, I do know that what you are claiming to be doing is immoral, and in the current climate, irresponsible.
Senator, Democracy is not a toy to be played with by men such as you for petty vendattas and crude power games. We have all seen, in D1, where that leads.

Al Realpolitik
Welch, WV
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 04:35:07 PM »

He is a concerned Republican who would like to see his party members vote for someone. How is that immoral?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 04:36:10 PM »

It's not like he is registering new Republicans for his election, he is getting already registered Republicans out to the polls.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 04:36:43 PM »

Don't bother Al.  Their minds cannot be changed.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 04:38:41 PM »

It's not like he is registering new Republicans for his election, he is getting already registered Republicans out to the polls.

To vote for a candidate who's dropped out? And he's only doing it because he hates me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 04:40:28 PM »

To vote for a candidate who's dropped out?

If I was running for Senator or Governor or whatever and my Democratic opponent dropped out and you had to suggest a way for Dems to vote, what would you say?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 04:43:36 PM »

If I was running for Senator or Governor or whatever and my Democratic opponent dropped out and you had to suggest a way for Dems to vote, what would you say?

The Republican Party is not and was not running a candidate in the Third District
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 04:50:28 PM »

Al, if you'd just move a slight bit to the left, perhaps you could gain their support

The Republican Party is not and was not running a candidate in the Third District
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 04:50:41 PM »

Ok, Al, let me revise my question. What if there was a candidate of your political party running against a Republican (me for example) and you wanted to voice your opinion of who you support. Would you support the Republican because there was no one else or would you do the "immoral" thing and suggest a vote for someone else?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 04:58:21 PM »

Ok, Al, let me revise my question. What if there was a candidate of your political party running against a Republican (me for example) and you wanted to voice your opinion of who you support. Would you support the Republican because there was no one else or would you do the "immoral" thing and suggest a vote for someone else?

I don't understand you're question. You appear to be asking two different questions at the same time.

Senator StevenNick does not live in District Three, but he's acting like he owns the Republicans of District Three and he is bugging them to vote for someone who has dropped out.
If a lefty did this sort of thing to you, you would be furious.

All I ask is for the Senator for District Five to leave District Three to make up it's own mind.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 05:07:25 PM »

I don't understand you're question. You appear to be asking two different questions at the same time.

Senator StevenNick does not live in District Three, but he's acting like he owns the Republicans of District Three and he is bugging them to vote for someone who has dropped out.
If a lefty did this sort of thing to you, you would be furious.

All I ask is for the Senator for District Five to leave District Three to make up it's own mind.

I would not be furious at all. Why would I care? I know that there have been liberals on this forum that have endorsed Dems. Example: When the AFIP was around I'm sure AFIP members endorsed Dems and Dems endorsed AFIP members when their party wasn't running anyone.

I think something else you are forgetting is that SteveNick is AFRNC chairman. The AFRNC endorsed Texasgurl and now that we are without a candidate, he has every right to state who the AFRNC will now support.

I agree that people of your district should make up their own minds but I don't think you cared when members outside of your district endorsed you.

And, once again, my question was: If a member of your party had dropped out, would you ask members of your party to vote for the Republican because they were the only candidate left, or suggest another way to vote? I'm not asking two questions there. It's one, simple question.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 07:01:43 PM »

Come on, guys, this is really getting quite silly.  We really have got to stop jumping on people the moment they do or even the moment we suspect they're doing something that we don't like.  This is hurting fantasy politics.  It's supposed to be fun.  Lighten up a little.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 07:10:48 PM »

Come on, guys, this is really getting quite silly.  We really have got to stop jumping on people the moment they do or even the moment we suspect they're doing something that we don't like.  This is hurting fantasy politics.  It's supposed to be fun.  Lighten up a little.

You rule Gabu! Smiley

That is so true.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 07:46:50 PM »

To vote for a candidate who's dropped out? And he's only doing it because he hates me.

First of all, I don't hate you.  I do, however, think you would make a poor senator.

Second, I am the chairman of the republican party which gives me every right, moral and otherwise, to lobby republicans in district three on behalf of any candidate the republican party chooses to support.

I think this entire thread is evidence of the growing disconnect from reality that has overtaken the democratic party.  You're all a bunch of humorless old coots who's moral sensibilities are always outraged at something.  You all really need to just pull the sticks out of your asses.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 08:06:36 PM »

First of all, I don't hate you.  I do, however, think you would make a poor senator.

Second, I am the chairman of the republican party which gives me every right, moral and otherwise, to lobby republicans in district three on behalf of any candidate the republican party chooses to support.

I think this entire thread is evidence of the growing disconnect from reality that has overtaken the democratic party.  You're all a bunch of humorless old coots who's moral sensibilities are always outraged at something.  You all really need to just pull the sticks out of your asses.

Al isn't part of our party.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2004, 08:29:44 PM »

Oh yes, that's right.  Al recently made his big, principled break from the party of FDR, JFK, and GirlGoneWild.  Oh well, once a democrat always a democrat.

I'm just so glad Al isn't corrupt or anything...
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004, 08:36:38 PM »

I would think the chairman of a party has a right to try to get the members of his party out to vote however he thinks best.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 02:29:46 AM »

1. By "poor senator" do you mean poor senator or do you mean I'll vote the other way from you?
2. Even if I was chair of a political party opposed to you, I would not try to get voters in you're district to vote the way I wanted because it would be none of my business. You're acting like a petty dictator.
3. I am not a member of the AFDNC. Quit being so crude.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 02:35:24 AM »

Very true
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 02:40:19 AM »

I agree that people of your district should make up their own minds but I don't think you cared when members outside of your district endorsed you.

This is nothing to do with endorsements. I'm annoyed that he thinks he has the right to bug people outside of his district and tell them who to vote for.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd spoil my ballot if I didn't like the candidate
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2004, 02:43:02 AM »

I would think the chairman of a party has a right to try to get the members of his party out to vote however he thinks best.

Party Chairman does not=19th Century Ward Boss
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2004, 02:45:39 AM »
« Edited: December 06, 2004, 04:07:35 AM by Gabu »

This party-bashing is seriously getting simultaneously ridiculous and disheartening.  I had hoped that a party chairman would be above such a thing, but I guess not.  It seems that a Democrat can't open his mouth without apparently representing the whole party.  Even former Democrats apparently can't open their mouths without representing the whole party.  It's as if parties have become nothing but labels to be used to tie a bunch of diverse people into one neat little group where they can all be attacked at the same time even when most of them are completely innocent.  Hasn't this gone far enough?  Haven't we lost enough common decency as it is?

Now I know why George Washington was opposed to the idea of political parties...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2004, 07:31:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

An endorsement can come from an outside individual, Al. And you mean to tell me that as a party leader SteveNick can't campaign for someone else? Tell me something...have you accepted an outside support? Have members outside your district endorsed you? Have you accepted those endorsements? Would you find it "immoral" if they suggested to members that they vote for you even though they're outside of your district?

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies