Say Trump Runs...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 05:35:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Say Trump Runs...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Say Trump Runs...  (Read 393 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2011, 01:28:52 PM »

Could he have a serious following of dedicated supporters? I just can't see "Trump for President" signs on someone's lawn in Iowa. At the same time, I can see Trump having a "freakishly" high turnout in say the Iowa Caucuses. IDK. If Trump runs I think he could do well.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 02:24:49 PM »

If Huckabee and Palin don't run, which seems likely, though not certain, then Trump could easily fill in the gap for conservatives and become the anti-Romney. 

If he runs, lesser known conservatives like Bachmann could easily be shunted aside by the OCD media, and Trump would only have to talk about Romney's healthcare plan to turn Iowans against him.

Romney would then win NH and NV.  Trump would have to win SC to get enough momentum for Super Tuesday. 

There are several huge pitfalls for a Trump canidacy.  If Huckabee runs, he'll be shut out of Iowa, and probably South Carolina, and would risk being the Guliani of 2012.  Also, Iowans might betray him like they did Romney in 2008  (just google search "Trump flip flops" and you'll see why he could have problems).
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »

I think Trump can be a very formidable candidate, the primary gives him a chance to prove himself. If he doesn't capture the heart of the right or America, he'll go down like Giuliani no matter how much money and how great his staff is, however he has the potential to be a very powerful figure. It's not every day you see a serious presidential candidate that calls the Chinese motherf*****s in a speech
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies