BREAKING: Obama releases long form Birth Certificate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:57:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  BREAKING: Obama releases long form Birth Certificate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: BREAKING: Obama releases long form Birth Certificate  (Read 15462 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2011, 06:55:51 PM »

just goes to show McCain did do something right during the 2008 campaign, he stopped chasing this issue once he learned of the '61 birth announcements in the newspaper.

but Obama hasnt helped the situation over the last 3 years by lying about his Muslim upbringing, lying about the Christian scriptures, lying about his 20 year association with Black Liberation Theology, paying more respect to Islam than Christianity, his failure to provide a reason for his conversion to Christianity other than it being an intellectual process, etc, etc, etc...in all these areas he has failed to be honest and has simply acted like a politician.  And when youre black in America, you're have to be MORE genuine than your white counterparts in order to keep this type of thing from happening.

Save the white nationalist whining. Nobody cares, except the voices in your head. I realize that's over the top, but I said it anyway.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2011, 07:18:05 PM »

just goes to show McCain did do something right during the 2008 campaign, he stopped chasing this issue once he learned of the '61 birth announcements in the newspaper.

but Obama hasnt helped the situation over the last 3 years by lying about his Muslim upbringing, lying about the Christian scriptures, lying about his 20 year association with Black Liberation Theology, paying more respect to Islam than Christianity, his failure to provide a reason for his conversion to Christianity other than it being an intellectual process, etc, etc, etc...in all these areas he has failed to be honest and has simply acted like a politician.  And when youre black in America, you're have to be MORE genuine than your white counterparts in order to keep this type of thing from happening.

Save the white nationalist whining. Nobody cares, except the voices in your head. I realize that's over the top, but I said it anyway.
everything I said is a matter of publically recorded facts, along with the realities of being black in America
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2011, 07:24:48 PM »

Muslim upbringing???

He went to a private school in Indonesia which was Muslim, it's no different to going to a Christian Private School... my cousin goes to a private school run by the Presbyterian Church, he has Muslim and Jewish friends who go there too... but of course you have no problems with that. More importantly, I have friends who went to a similar school to Obama in Jakarta in high school... it was a private school which has religious education classes, just like the ones in their school in Sydney, except the religion was Islam instead of Christianity... it's not like either took.

What 'conversion'? You really think everyone's experience of faith has to be the same as yours?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2011, 07:27:14 PM »

everything I said is a matter of publically recorded facts, along with the realities of being black in America

I don't think you would know anymore about about the realities of that than I know about being white in America. From your point of view, a black person has to spend every single second proving patriotism is calm the fears of racist idiots. If you have race issues, that is your own problem, people do not have to validate those fears and issues. Frankly, your points are very racist and for lack of a better word, cracked.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »

I guess once the wash press corp started taking up press conferences time with questions concerning his birth certificate, Obama said enough is enough……still, if I were Obama, I would have kept my powder dry and hoped for a GOP birther to win the nomination and floor him with the birth certificate a week before the 2012 election.

Obama just played one of his bigger trump cards, IMO.

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but ironic.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2011, 07:39:05 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2011, 07:40:47 PM by Jake the Snake Roberts »

No surprise that Batsh*t Birthers aren't convinced.

I told you guys that once a long form was released they wouldn't believe it.  Next thing you know they will be asking for sh*t samples to see if the corn Obama eats is "murican".

Great Donald Trump, you succeeded in proving yourself a complete and utter asshole.  Now show us your financial records..........
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »

but Obama hasnt helped the situation over the last 3 years by lying about his Muslim upbringing,

I have seen ample evidence of atheist/agnostic/not-religious upbringing. I have seen nothing, that remotely in any half-sane uninflamed imagination would pass for "Muslim upbriging". The guy went (for a year or so) to an (extremely prestigious) public primary school in Indonesia - that's not enough to be called Muslim upbriginging by any definition. He'd also studied in a Catholic school there. As soon as he somewhat grew up, his mother chose to send him back to Hawaii - precisely, so he could attend an American (in fact, originally Christian missionary) school there. There is no evidence of any Muslim upbriging, but ample evidence of indifference to religion in the family - he's been quite open about it, no lying detected.

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2011, 08:15:22 PM »

BTW, as for entry on forms, when forced, we, non-religious people, may enter all sort of nonsense (not everybody is expecting to have their child run for presidency in the future). I have a colleague, who on his Mexican foreign residence form entered his religion as "Buddhist" . Of course, he is of Italian/Spanish origin, of completely Catholic background, and knows exactly nothing of Buddhism. He just got annoyed that such a question was being asked (for some strange reason they've preserved it on that one form for that particular immigration status) and answered nonsense. If Pastafarianism were an option, he'd have picked that.

In thirty years, when his daugters are running for US presidency, somebody is going to dig that out and claim they've had Buddhist upbriging Smiley))
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »

Hilarious thread. Well, if you find self-inflicted public embarrassment to be amusing.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2011, 08:33:46 PM »

. . .*face-palm

I'm sorry, but WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?  What possible reason did Obama have to do this?  It doesn't help him politically (embarrassing the birth-ers is not in his best political interest), it doesn't move any of his policy goals, and it doesn't make him look better in the public eye.

Sorry Mr. President, but I think someone needs to introduce you to (real) Internet rule Number 1:

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »

I guess Obama really wants Donald Trump to be the Republican candidate for Prez.  Stuff like this makes me conclude that he's a credible candidate I find worth voting for, not just a joke.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2011, 10:00:33 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2011, 10:20:21 PM by jmfcst »

I don't think you would know anymore about about the realities of that than I know about being white in America. From your point of view, a black person has to spend every single second proving patriotism is calm the fears of racist idiots. If you have race issues, that is your own problem, people do not have to validate those fears and issues. Frankly, your points are very racist and for lack of a better word, cracked.

look, I have absolutely no problem with the fact Obama was initially raised to be Muslim and learned the Koran in a Muslim mosque.  What I want to hear from him is being honest about that fact.

and I have no problem with him converting to Christianity, what I want to hear from him is a testimony about the grace of Jesus Christ in his life, not some bs story about him choosing Christianity through his own intellectual process, because choosing Christ is NEVER EVER an intellilectual process, for the bible says so point blank:

Mat 16:17 "this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven"

1 Corinthians 1:17
" preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."

1 Corinthians 2:13
"This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words."

That's a point blank refutaton of Obama's conversion, for finding Christ is never a function of how smart you are because you cant find him through human wisdom.

and I am tired of hearing him cite passages with purpose and clarity out of the "Holy Koran", then turn and mock the bible for being "vague".

and I am tired of Obama trying to say that he sat 20 years under the same pastor and didnt know what his pastor's view of the world was.  Because I've sat under my same pastor for 18 years and I knew his world view within 6 months, at the most.

---

concerning Obama's race, I dont care what color he is.  and those who have known me on this forum for years can testify that I am one of the least prejudice members of this forum.  And I was never a member of this birther issue, for I have stated time and time again on this forum that the newspapers announcements of his birth were good enough for me.....but what I was saying was that the legitimate issues I raised above concerning Obama's failure to tell the truth about himself, poured life into this birther issue.  And it also is true that blacks and women need to be doing it better and cleaner than their white male counterparts, due to the racism remaining in this country.  Fair or unfair, that's the facts of life.  It's no different than me being targeted due to being a fundamentalist Christian, so I have to remain above board on all issues.  I accept the fact my arguments concerning theology and my way of life have to be cleaner and more sound than anyone else on this forum, else I would hand amunition to the attackers of my testimony.  I understand those facts of life and I accept the challenge.  And Obama should understand and accept the facts of life concerning his skin color, as well as accept the challege to do it better and cleaner than his distractors, instead of hiding his past.

insomuch that if Obama had been forthright from the beginning concerning the issues I stated above, this birth certificate issue would not have grown as big as it did.  Since he hasnt been honest concerning other issues of his past, he gave relevance to those who questioned his citizenship. you reap what you sow, it's the law of motion.  if you're not honest in some areas, people aren't going to trust you in other areas.  

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2011, 10:18:51 PM by Fmr Gov& NE Speaker. Polnut »

look, I have absolutely no problem with the fact Obama was initially raised to be Muslim and learned the Koran in a Muslim mosque. What I want to hear from him is being honest about that fact.

and I have no problem with him converting to Christianity, what I want to hear from him is a testimony about the grace of Jesus Christ in his life, not some bs story about him choosing Christianity through his own intellectual process, because choosing Christ is NEVER EVER an intellilectual process, for the bible says so point blank:

Mat 16:17 "this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven"

1 Corinthians 1:17
" preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."

1 Corinthians 2:13
"This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words."

That's a point blank refutaton of Obama's conversion, for finding Christ is never a function of how smart you are because you cant find him through human wisdom.

and I am tired of hearing him cite passages with purpose and clarity out of the "Holy Koran", then turn and mock the bible for being "vauge".

and I am tired of Obama trying to say that he sat 20 years under the same pastor and didnt know what his pastor view of the world was.  Because I've sat under my same pastor for 18 years and I knew his world view within 6 months, at the most.

---

concerning Obama's race, I dont care what color he is.  and those who have known me on this forum for years can testify that I am one of the least prejudice members of this forum.  And I was never a member of this birther issue, for I have stated time and time again on this forum that the newspapers announcements of his birth were good enough for me.....but what I was saying was that the legitimate issues I raised above concerning Obama's failure to tell the truth about himself, poured life into this birther issue.  And it also is true that blacks and women need to be doing it better and cleaner than their white male counterparts, due to the racism remaining in this country.  Fair or unfair, that's the facts of life.  It's no different than me being targeted due to being a fundamentalist Christian, so I have to remain above board on all issues.  I accept the fact my arguments concerning theology and my way of life have to be cleaner and more sound than anyone else on this forum, else I would hand amunition to the attackers of my testimony.  I understand those facts of life and I accept the challenge.  And Obama should understand and accept the facts of life concerning his skin color, as well as accept the challege to do it better and cleaner than his distractors, instead of hiding his past.

insomuch that if Obama had been forthright from the beginning concerning the issues I stated above, this birth certificate issue would not have grown as big as it did.  Since he hasnt been honest concerning other issues of his past, he gave relevance to those who questioned his citizenship. you reap what you sow, it's the law of motion.  if you're not honest in some areas, people aren't going to trust you in other areas. 

Where the hell did you get that from? He was in Indonesia for 4 years, and spent half of it in a CATHOLIC SCHOOL...

At "WORST" he was a agnostic like his mother who came to Christianity for frankly reasons that are no business of yours. Not everyone has a gigantic 'are you there God it's me Margaret' moment...

I think the 'Obama was/is Muslim' crowd are almost as bad as the Birthers... it's all about making Obama 'exotic' therefore to de-legitimise  him in the eyes of Joe Yokel over there. Obama was a) born in the United States b) was never a Muslim c) is a Christian - for whatever reasons he chose to be - he's President, not Archbishop of Canterbury ...

This all has actually made me genuinely angry... that's an achievement...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2011, 10:11:08 PM »

This was a pretty brilliant move. It won't win over any Birthers, or get anyone to vote for him who wasn't going to because of this (really is there anyone who believes in this garbage that'd vote for him anyway?) But he just pushed this "issue" more into the limelight AND made the opposition look crazier. Keep talking about this teabagger idiots!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2011, 10:11:51 PM »

For the record, while I have had many issues at which I disagree with jmfsct the last thing I would ever call him is a racist.  Sure, he may be closedminded on some issues but he is way too informed of an individual to seriously entertain such a crazy theory as the Birther controversy.

I don't come in his defense very often, but the way some of you are misinterpreting what he's saying I felt obligated to.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2011, 10:15:48 PM »

thanks, bro
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2011, 10:20:38 PM »

Of the many issues I have with jmfcst, thinking he's racist is not one of them.

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2011, 10:26:31 PM »

I wasn't addressing it to you, I was addressing to people like Dr. who outright called jmfsct a "white nationalist".
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2011, 10:27:38 PM »

when did Obama say he became a Christian because of his intellect?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2011, 10:28:07 PM »

I wasn't addressing it to you, I was addressing to people like Dr. who outright called jmfsct a "white nationalist".

I know you weren't I was just clarifying my views in case it may have been construed that way.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2011, 10:50:06 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2011, 10:52:20 PM by jmfcst »

Obama:  "I am a Christian by choice...It happened not because of indoctrination or a sudden revelation...it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead"

Jesues - John 15:16 "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last"
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2011, 10:57:24 PM »

Obama:  "I am a Christian by choice...It happened not because of indoctrination or a sudden revelation...it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead"

Jesues = John 15:16 "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last"

I think your argument is rather shaky and semantical here. First, just because it seems to someone like they chose Christianity, why would that preclude the possibility of Jesus choosing them first? Wouldn't that almost be a reflexive prerequisite (unless you assume he's lying)? Is feeling pulled by the teachings of Christ fundamentally different than feeling pulled by Him directly? I don't really see how. Is feeling pulled by Christ's teachings somehow different than Christ choosing you?

Second, why does the lack of a sudden revelation suggest a lack of 'selection' by Jesus?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2011, 10:57:54 PM »

Let's be clear here, I characterized his post as having a white nationalist tone, it was full of crap about Black Nationalism and Muslims, which is what those sort of people are always talking about. I didn't directly call him a white nationalist. I do not want to be misinterpreted either, so I thought I would clear that up.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2011, 10:59:30 PM »

Obama:  "I am a Christian by choice...It happened not because of indoctrination or a sudden revelation...it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead"

Jesues - John 15:16 "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last"
http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctpolitics/2009/02/obama_lauds_fai.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.

sounds like an example of Jn 15:16 to me. you might not like the way he says he became a Christian, but even if his understanding of his own faith experience isn't up to your standards, I don't see how that makes him a liar about his faith.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »

i want to correct something I said earily about Obama referring to the bible as "vague", Obama instead used the word "obscure":

“I am not willing to accept a reading of the Bible that considers an obscure line in Romans [about homosexuality] to be more defining of Christianity than the Sermon on the Mount.”

talking about obscure, the Sermon of the Mouth doesn't even address the issue of homsexuality, that's about as obscure as you can get...nor does it address issues such as bestiality and witchcraft.  So then, does Obama wink at bestiality and witchcraft also?

so, it should be troubling enough that he finds parts of the NT is absolute conflict with each other, but he goes further and uses one part of the NT that doesnt explicitly mention homosexuality to trump another part of the NT that does explicitly mention homosexuality .
But I guess Obama has never read Mat ch 19 where Jesus reaffirms the definition of marriage being a heterosexual union and the proper context for sexual expression.

---

Now, I'm not going to make this thread about homosexuality, rather I simply bring it up to point out that Obama is not even believable in his explanations.  He's basically saying he is more in tune with Christ's message than the Apostle Paul, and finds Paul's writings to be in conflict with Jesus to the point that this "obscure" multiverse passage in Romans should be ignored.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies