Northeast Gubernatorial Recall Election Thread (Announce candidacies here)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:33:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Gubernatorial Recall Election Thread (Announce candidacies here)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Northeast Gubernatorial Recall Election Thread (Announce candidacies here)  (Read 5045 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:04:31 PM »
« edited: April 19, 2011, 02:13:30 PM by Three Cheers For Revival! Jake Matthews For Governor! »

Hello all, this is the official thread of the NE Gubernatorial Recall Election thread. *PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO RUN FOR GOVERNOR, YOU NOW HAVE UNTIL 2 P.M EST ON APRIL 19TH 2011 TO ANNOUNCE YOUR CANDIDACY*

In accordance with the Recall Amendment to the Northeast Constitution, an election is to be held immediately, though since we don't have a CJO or a Lt. Governor, I as Speaker of the Assembly will open the voting both (Not sure about this though, I'll change this when I know for sure what will go down), though I can not certify the results for obvious reasons.

Candidates for Governor:

Jake Matthews (POP-VT)
Ghost_white (POP-MA)
Giovanni (OTH-ND)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:06:56 PM »

Ghostwhite probably has to open the voting Booth.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:11:38 PM »

Hello all, this is the official thread of the NE Gubernatorial Recall Election thread. *PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO RUN FOR GOVERNOR, YOU NOW HAVE UNTIL 2 P.M EST ON APRIL 19TH 2011 TO ANNOUNCE YOUR CANDIDACY*

In accordance with the Recall Amendment to the Northeast Constitution, an election is to be held immediately, though since we don't have a CJO or a Lt. Governor, I as Speaker of the Assembly will open the voting both, though I can not certify the results for obvious reasons.

Candidates for Governor:

Jake Matthews (POP-VT)

...You can't open the booth. Only the Governor, CJO, or Lt. Governor can do this.  Regardless if he is about to be in a recall or not, the Governor should just open the booth.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »

I'm not sure if he can open the booth...but since we don't have a Lt. Governor or CJO, the Speaker is next in line for succession.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 08:17:23 PM »

The Constitution is worded as to appear that a recalled official can't open that Booth.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »

The Constitution is worded as to appear that a recalled official can't open that Booth.

That's also how I interpreted it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:13 PM »

If I recall correctly (a little recall pun in there for you, ahahahaha SHUT UP) If someone didnt swear in, werent we able to go with the person with the second most votes? If that is the case, the person who recieved the 2nd most votes for Lt. Governor could swear in, thus either opening the booth, or taking over. I'd have to review the NE Constitution again. Worse comes to worse, I believe that the SoFE could moitor the election.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 08:25:39 PM »

Yeah, I could get Franzl to do this.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »

Lets take a look at the constitution though, because if the one law is still the same, we could have a Lt. Governor to swear in, and they can be in charge of the election, thus keeping federal officials out.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »

Lets take a look at the constitution though, because if the one law is still the same, we could have a Lt. Governor to swear in, and they can be in charge of the election, thus keeping federal officials out.

I'll review it one more time.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 08:33:42 PM »

I just checked the Booth, from Februrary, and you had the 2nd highest vote total. You're the One!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 08:35:43 PM »

Cancel that order. First, I am too lazy to see if I could site something off the of the old constitution, also I cant find it. Second, I forgot that RB took the office of Lt. Governor after the election until he was sworn in as Senator, thus we cant do anything about it because the winner HAD sworn in.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »

Cancel that order. First, I am too lazy to see if I could site something off the of the old constitution, also I cant find it. Second, I forgot that RB took the office of Lt. Governor after the election until he was sworn in as Senator, thus we cant do anything about it because the winner HAD sworn in.

Holding dual offices is illegal, IIRC

(Another Recall joke Tongue)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 08:43:44 PM »

Holding dual offices is illegal, IIRC

(Another Recall joke Tongue)

True, but he resigned the Lt. Governorship when he swore in as Senator, That is legal.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 08:45:38 PM »

So I'm confused, does Rowan open the booth?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 08:46:19 PM »

If I'm interpreting the Constitution correctly, since the recall vote is "to be brought before the electorate in an immediate vote", then it would run from Tuesday to Friday, with the only question being an up-or-down vote on the Governor. An election to replace him would presumably follow. Am I correct?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 08:47:28 PM »

If I'm interpreting the Constitution correctly, since the recall vote is "to be brought before the electorate in an immediate vote", then it would run from Tuesday to Friday, with the only question being an up-or-down vote on the Governor. An election to replace him would presumably follow. Am I correct?

The winner would serve the rest of the term and face re-election in June.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2011, 08:50:21 PM by Napoleon »

He can't if he resigned. It'd be funny if you end up unopposed in this recall election. I wonder if a Governor has been reclled before in this game.

Who would open the booth if the governor were recalled though? It should all be done at once.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 08:50:37 PM »

He can't if he resigned. It'd be funny if you end up unopposed in this recall election. I wonder if a Governor has been reclled before in this game.

Not that I recall. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no.)

It appears as though I will run unopposed.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »

Andrew, you got the second most votes in the Lt. Governor race. Perhaps you could swear in, open the booth and then resign?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 08:52:07 PM »

So this only leaves a day for candidates for governor to declare? That smells of bad legislation.

We'll also have to amend the Recall Amendment to define "immediate".  
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »

So this only leaves a day for candidates for governor to declare? That smells of bad legislation.

We'll also have to amend the Recall Amendment to define "immediate".  

I thought so to. Perhaps we could work on such legislation together? Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 08:54:21 PM »

After the recall we can open up a constitutional convention, fixing things with the input of veterans and bringing forth new ideas.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »

After the recall we can open up a constitutional convention, fixing things with the input of veterans and bringing forth new ideas.

The Northeast is now in position to bounce back from the brink and return to prominence! Cheesy
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »

No. Here is the problem. The winner of the last Lt. Governor election swore in, than resigned. The only thing that can happen now is the Governor can appoint a new Lt. Governor, UPON the recomendation of the Assembly. So, I'm guessing once the new Assembly has been sworn in, they can pick a new Lt. Governor, and the Governor can approve it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies