PPP: Obama leads every GOPer, despite negative approval
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:35:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP: Obama leads every GOPer, despite negative approval
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Obama leads every GOPer, despite negative approval  (Read 1356 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2011, 01:25:53 PM »

Do you approve or disapprove of President Barack Obama’s job performance?

Approve .......................................................... 47%
Disapprove...................................................... 48%

If the candidates for President next year were Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Mike Huckabee, who would you vote for?

Barack Obama................................................ 48%
Mike Huckabee ............................................... 43%

If the candidates for President next year were Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney, who would you vote for?

Barack Obama................................................ 47%
Mitt Romney.................................................... 41%

If the candidates for President next year were Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Chris Christie, who would you vote for?

Chris Christie .................................................. 39%

If the candidates for President next year were Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Rand Paul, who would you vote for?

Rand Paul....................................................... 38%

If the candidates for President next year were Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Newt Gingrich, who would you vote for?

Barack Obama................................................ 52%
Newt Gingrich ................................................. 38%

If the candidates for President next year were Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Sarah Palin, who would you vote for?

Barack Obama................................................ 54%
Sarah Palin ..................................................... 36%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_US_04131205.pdf
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »

Maybe America is very negative on politics, and President Obama is the one that they feel the least negativity about. 
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »

Maybe America is very negative on politics, and President Obama is the one that they feel the least negativity about. 

Quite possible. It kind of makes me wonder though if his numbers are bound to fall. $5 a gallon gas this Summer, who gets the blame? Bush got it in 2008...and it wasn't even that high.
Decentralist

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2011, 04:31:16 PM by Decentralist »

I am surprised that Rand Paul is within ten points of Obama, especially since his favorables leave something to be desired (26-45 in this poll) - I didn't realize his name recognition was even that high. It is also interesting that he is outperforming Palin (although I suppose just about any Republican could do so at this point).
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 05:09:10 PM »

Obama is the luckiest politician alive. Only he could have gotten away with telling someone to buy a new care before complaining again about gas prices, regardless of how true it may or may not be.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 05:56:11 PM »

The gov't shutdown talk and the medicare and great society programs has been proven a GOTV motivating tool for Dems since 2010. I think 2012 may very well hing on those programs.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 06:50:21 PM »

Yep, PA was an outlier.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 07:37:27 PM »

Obama is the luckiest politician alive. Only he could have gotten away with telling someone to buy a new care before complaining again about gas prices, regardless of how true it may or may not be.

At least his "Cash for Clunkers" program removed lots of gas guzzlers off the road in favor of vehicles that devour less gas.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 11:49:17 AM »

I am guessing you meant to say car?

It actually makes sense to get a newer, more fuel efficient car to counteract the effect of rising gas prices. That was what cash for clunkers was about. Of course I am sure people found ways to buy crappy fuel mileage cars with it. One family I know who utilized the program traded in their old Sienna minivan (which sucked gas like a mofo when we took it for camping), for an Accord that gets about 30mpg on the highway. Good deal all around I thought, except for the government that is.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 07:20:36 PM »

Quite possible. It kind of makes me wonder though if his numbers are bound to fall. $5 a gallon gas this Summer, who gets the blame? Bush got it in 2008...and it wasn't even that high.

High gas prices are quickly forgotten.  Summer 2011 won't factor into Fall 2012.  Summer 2012 may not even factor if they nosedive again like they did in Fall 2008.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 10:28:26 AM »

It actually makes sense to get a newer, more fuel efficient car to counteract the effect of rising gas prices. That was what cash for clunkers was about. Of course I am sure people found ways to buy crappy fuel mileage cars with it. One family I know who utilized the program traded in their old Sienna minivan (which sucked gas like a mofo when we took it for camping), for an Accord that gets about 30mpg on the highway. Good deal all around I thought, except for the government that is.

Which is why I include that last clause in there, "Whether its true or not". My point was one of optics not of substance. Its a terrible thing to say on the campaign trail. That was what I was talking about here. He is lucky that it didn't get more coverage then it did.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »

High gas prices are quickly forgotten.  Summer 2011 won't factor into Fall 2012.  Summer 2012 may not even factor if they nosedive again like they did in Fall 2008.

High gas prices that inspired Sarah Palin to introduce "Drill, baby, drill!" as a solution during the 2008 Republican National Convention became irrelevant after the financial meltdown that solved the problem of high fuel prices and made something else more problematic for Republicans.

High gas prices might make 2011 another year in which people spend their vacation time doing household improvements instead of taking a 1000-mile round trip. Kids might have to say "We painted the house and landscaped the yard" or "We went bowling" in September essays on "What I Did on My Summer Vacation", but I can think of far worse.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 09:52:14 AM »

Which is why I include that last clause in there, "Whether its true or not". My point was one of optics not of substance. Its a terrible thing to say on the campaign trail. That was what I was talking about here. He is lucky that it didn't get more coverage then it did.

Who has those sorts of optics? They should go visit an optometrist. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »

Who has those sorts of optics? They should go visit an optometrist. Tongue

Someone who can't afford to just go out and buy a car. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies