Canada what if - BQ wins most seats in 1993 election.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:41:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Canada what if - BQ wins most seats in 1993 election.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada what if - BQ wins most seats in 1993 election.  (Read 747 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2011, 06:05:11 PM »

Ok, so Nick has those wonderful 88 & 93 outline maps, so I used them for my scenario. I just care about the maps, so I'll just say  this:

NDP: Ed Broadbent does not resign as leader, he keeps fighting. The recession of the early 1990s isn't as bad, and while Bob Rae still loses popularity in Ontario, he's still not hated that bad.
Liberals: With John Turner and Trudeau in recent memory, voters aren't willing to give them a chance again.
PCs: That ad criticizing Jean Chretien never runs, and the Tories humiliating defeat is averted- somewhat. They still finish last. In Ontario, many Liberals actually switched to the Tories because they liked having a female PM.
Reform: Reform becomes hugely popular in the west, and that's where the former Tory voters there went.  The Tory gains from the Liberals in Ontario were evened out by the losses to the Reform Party.
BQ: With all the federalist vote splitting, the BQ does even better in real life, picking up many seats they have no business winning. Also, Bouchard runs less on Quebec separatism.

And for the map

Totals:
BQ: 70
Lib: 69
Ref: 69
NDP: 54
PC: 32
Ind: 1

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length