Ron Paul is in!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:23:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul is in!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Ron Paul is in!  (Read 5680 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 06:26:05 PM »

Lolbertarian candidacy.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 06:26:37 PM »

Hey, this is my first ever post!

In Britain here, I'm torn between voting for the lesser evil. Labour are socially and economically evil. Lib Dems are sort of economically evil but socially awesome and the Conservatives are socially iffy and economically awesome. So, I have to vote Lib Dem!

Anyway, sorry, just wanted an intro. I love Ron Paul, myself and other UK classical liberal really look up to him as an example of Jeffersonian principles. So I'm really glad to hear he's joining the presidential debate, hopefully he'll own them all like he did on foreign policy a few years back.

Ron Paul for 2012!

Welcome to the Fourm! Enjoy your stay.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 06:33:45 PM »

OMG I JUST HAD AN ORGASM OVER THIS OMG RON PAUL RON PAUL OOOOOOOOOOH OHHHHHHH
HarveyCanis
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 06:37:24 PM »

Hey, this is my first ever post!

In Britain here, I'm torn between voting for the lesser evil. Labour are socially and economically evil. Lib Dems are sort of economically evil but socially awesome and the Conservatives are socially iffy and economically awesome. So, I have to vote Lib Dem!

Anyway, sorry, just wanted an intro. I love Ron Paul, myself and other UK classical liberal really look up to him as an example of Jeffersonian principles. So I'm really glad to hear he's joining the presidential debate, hopefully he'll own them all like he did on foreign policy a few years back.

Ron Paul for 2012!

Welcome to the Fourm! Enjoy your stay.

Thank you very much. I'm fascinated by American politics. So different to ours.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 07:04:24 PM »

OMG I JUST HAD AN ORGASM OVER THIS OMG RON PAUL RON PAUL OOOOOOOOOOH OHHHHHHH

Did you at least peed your pants out of excitement about Dr Paul saving America?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 07:13:12 PM »

I got to say, i never really understood why so many of the young are attracted to Paul. Never met a 20 something who wanted to return to the gold standard or who thought the FDA was opressing him. But then again, the Libertarian is in favor of legalizing drugs so maybe that is the ticket
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 07:15:45 PM »

Last night I had a dream Ron Paul was campaigning locally. He collected "votes" in a dumpster for some reason. It was empty. Am I a prophet?
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »

I got to say, i never really understood why so many of the young are attracted to Paul. Never met a 20 something who wanted to return to the gold standard or who thought the FDA was opressing him. But then again, the Libertarian is in favor of legalizing drugs so maybe that is the ticket

It's probably because of the drugs or the truther subculture, which pretty much reveres him.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 08:05:49 PM »

I remember someone on another forum I used to visit speculating that, to paraphrase, "young people (on the internet) like Ron Paul because he takes a bold, no-nonsense stand on the Iraq War, while ignoring the fact that he spends the rest of his time taking bold, all-nonsense stands on everything else".

Grin
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 08:15:49 PM »

If he does run as a Libertarian after hypothetically losing in the primary, hopefully we'd get an interesting election night. I'll bet 1992 was an interesting one and we may get a repeat (though probably not as successful-Paul'd probably get five percent or less).

I disagree-I think he could do just as good as Perot, provided the Republicans run Palin or Bachman, and the Constitution Party endorses him.

Palin and Bachaman would back him if neither runs.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 08:18:54 PM »

It would be bleakly amusing if Ron Paul were elected, and turned out to be like most other Presidents.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 08:48:43 PM »

It would be bleakly amusing if Ron Paul were elected, and turned out to be like most other Presidents.
Or even better, he turns out to be a fascist!
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 09:07:46 PM »

Allow me to one up you; what if he won and turned out to be

A STALINIST
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2011, 09:34:39 PM »

A STALINIST

That's be awesome to see! Ron Paul elected only to pour trillions into the military and domestic spending, plus a new patriot act and a stepped up war on drugs. I'm being totally serious when I say it'd be hilarious.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 10:02:40 PM »

A STALINIST

Or
AN OBAMAIST! OMG
Themistocles18
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 06:45:59 AM »

Does it bother no one that Ron Paul is 75 years old and would be 77 on election day?  Isn't that just way, way, too old?  Even if you like his ideas, isn't it possible to find a better vehicle for them?  For my part, I wouldn't vote for a 77 year old if it turned out I'd been cloned from one of his cells and was, in fact, identical to him ideologically and temperamentally. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »

Imagine, by the fluke of the Gods,  Paul becomes President and Libertas is still posting.

How long before he'd be like "oh noes, Ron Paul turns out to be just another mainstream Republican!"
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 10:15:58 AM »

Imagine, by the fluke of the Gods,  Paul becomes President and Libertas is still posting.

How long before he'd be like "oh noes, Ron Paul turns out to be just another mainstream Republican!"

I'd cry, then lol.

I think most likely is that he picks someone like Romney or Huckabee as VP, then have a heart attack on election day, and his last words will be "OH NOES!!"
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 10:33:55 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2011, 10:37:43 AM by The Anti-Reagan »

I find it amusing that Paul was "inspired" to get into politics when Nixon took the US dollar off the gold standard in 1971.

Seriously, how many people are passionate about "restoring the currency"?

It's also interesting-and kinda frightening-how much thought Paul personally puts into his positions in comparison to the average Congressperson. He cares more about his Libertarian ideals than about getting re-elected.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 10:34:41 AM »

Does it bother no one that Ron Paul is 75 years old and would be 77 on election day?  Isn't that just way, way, too old?  Even if you like his ideas, isn't it possible to find a better vehicle for them?  For my part, I wouldn't vote for a 77 year old if it turned out I'd been cloned from one of his cells and was, in fact, identical to him ideologically and temperamentally. 

Yes, it does bother me. The presidency is very hard on people, and Ron might die within the first month. So whoever his VP would be (Johnson, Paul the Younger, or Sexgod if he wants establishment candidate support) would be the real deciding factor.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 12:20:34 PM »

Yes, it does bother me. The presidency is very hard on people, and Ron might die within the first month. So whoever his VP would be (Johnson, Paul the Younger, or Sexgod if he wants establishment candidate support) would be the real deciding factor.

Who is Sexgod?
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 12:38:47 PM »

Who is Sexgod?

Mitch Daniels.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 12:52:46 PM »

OMGZ ITS TEH SECOND COMING OF JEZIS!!!1!11ONE1!11!!!ELEVEN!!!111ONEHUNDREDELEVEN!!11!1!1

RAWN PAWL FEREVER!

lool Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »

It's also interesting-and kinda frightening-how much thought Paul personally puts into his positions in comparison to the average Congressperson. He cares more about his Libertarian ideals than about getting re-elected.

How on earth is that a bad thing for someone in Congress Huh
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2011, 01:01:14 PM »

How on earth is that a bad thing for someone in Congress Huh

I meant that so many other Congresspeople DON'T do that. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies