Obama over/under 50.73% nationwide PV
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:50:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama over/under 50.73% nationwide PV
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Obama over/under 50.73% nationwide PV
over 50.73%

under 50.73%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Obama over/under 50.73% nationwide PV  (Read 2030 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2011, 03:16:42 PM »

Bush04 benchmark.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 03:23:22 AM »

Over I'd guess.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 02:12:13 PM »

Bush increased his national PV from 48.4% to 50.7%. 
Obama will surely see his margin decrease from 52.9%, probably by about 3%, making it another very close election
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 03:23:23 PM »

Bush increased his national PV from 48.4% to 50.7%. 
Obama will surely see his margin decrease from 52.9%, probably by about 3%, making it another very close election

No. 2012 will be very similar to 2004 in the fact that Barack Obama's electoral and popular vote margins will increase slightly.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 03:28:15 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2011, 07:50:49 PM by Imperial Speaker Yelnoc »

I did some quick math and, assuming Obama's popular vote increased by 2% across the board, Montana and Missouri would flip while Indiana and North Carolina would move to the 50% column.  The question is, against what Republican would Obama get that result?
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »

I did some quick math and, assuming Obama's popular vote increased by 2% across the board, Montana and Missouri would flip while Indiana and North Dakota would move to the 50% column.  The question is, against what Republican would Obama get that result?

He could likely manage this against most candidates that they have. Newt, Pawlenty, and Romney would all likely get this result. Meanwhile Huckabee might be able to give Obama a close election.
CarlSchulz
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 03:45:29 PM »

Over.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »

I did some quick math and, assuming Obama's popular vote increased by 2% across the board, Montana and Missouri would flip while Indiana and North Dakota would move to the 50% column.  The question is, against what Republican would Obama get that result?

Probably none-Romney would win Montana and lose Missouri, Huckabee would win Missouri and lose Montana, and the others would lose other states.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »

Under.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »

Corrected for a likely  typo:

I did some quick math and, assuming Obama's popular vote increased by 2% across the board, Montana and Missouri would flip while Indiana and North Dakota Carolina would move to the 50% column.  The question is, against what Republican would Obama get that result?

---

It's unlikely that the President would get an across-the-board 2% nationwide in Utah and Vermont just the same. The gains would be bigger near the margin (Indiana, North Carolina, Georgia, and Missouri) and in states that President Obama lost.   
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »

Corrected for a likely  typo:

I did some quick math and, assuming Obama's popular vote increased by 2% across the board, Montana and Missouri would flip while Indiana and North Dakota Carolina would move to the 50% column.  The question is, against what Republican would Obama get that result?

---

It's unlikely that the President would get an across-the-board 2% nationwide in Utah and Vermont just the same. The gains would be bigger near the margin (Indiana, North Carolina, Georgia, and Missouri) and in states that President Obama lost.   
Thanks, it was a typo.  And you are correct, across-the-board percentage increases do actually happen.  I was originally going to do a 2% proportional increase in each state (Multiply his 2008 numbers by .02 and then add the product back to the original) but that was too time consuming to bother.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 01:44:07 AM »

Over. Daniels & Huntsman are really the only ones I think can make it competitive, with perhaps Romney. I think Pawlenty could have been a decent candidate for the GOP had he not gone the religious nutter route.   The others are across between unelectable and completely unelectable and the margins would likely surpass 08 in those cases.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »

Over. Daniels & Huntsman are really the only ones I think can make it competitive, with perhaps Romney. I think Pawlenty could have been a decent candidate for the GOP had he not gone the religious nutter route.   The others are across between unelectable and completely unelectable and the margins would likely surpass 08 in those cases.

Jon Huntsman is too intellectual for the Tea Party types. Mitch Daniels has kept a low profile for a long time, and his star fades if the sorts of political demonstrations that appeared in Michigan and Ohio appear in Indiana.

I think that you are right about Pawlenty, but for a different reason: having gone the Protestant fundamentalist route, he is a lapsed Catholic, and that will offend huge numbers of Catholics.  Ex-Catholics might do OK in places with few Catholics, but he effectively throws away any state with  a large Catholic population except perhaps Texas or Louisiana.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 03:13:25 PM »

Over, as long as the economy improves and goes down more and more to under 8%, he wins reelection, by 50% plus. If it stays stagnet and gas pricies doesn't go down to under 4.00, he gets under.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 10:55:42 PM »

Obama v Perry
Obama >50.73%

Obama v Cain
Obama >50.73%

Obama v Romney
Obama < 50.73%
LastVoter