Is Christian hardcore actual Christian music?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:52:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is Christian hardcore actual Christian music?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is Christian hardcore actual Christian music?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 6

Author Topic: Is Christian hardcore actual Christian music?  (Read 2482 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 11:18:12 PM »
« edited: March 29, 2011, 07:07:20 AM by Gustaf »

listen to what u want, just don't ask me to classify something I cant understand a word of because it might as well be sung in japanese...and I don't know a word of japanese.

Moderator edit: the above sentence should be read with mental interpunctuation between every word for added emphasis. It should be merely mental because otherwise it breaks tables for some people.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 11:30:47 PM »

sorry for calling u dumb...im glad ur getting something out of the music
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 02:19:19 AM »

I was actually on track to becoming like Einzige in high school, but it was halted and completely reversed by the Christian hardcore kids I met in the scene for the record.

In my instance for evangelism which you are all big on your people failed (and quite horribly at that.) The hardcore kids didn't (and they weren't even trying to evangelize!)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 02:34:07 AM »

Actually worth noting that unlike all that crap BushOklahoma talked about there are non-religious people that listen to Christian hardcore bands if they like the music. Even Tweed likes mewithoutYou. I doubt many non-religious people listen to "Newsboys or Mercy Me or Casting Crowns or the David Crowder Band, Francesca Battistelli, or artists like that" (to quote BushOklahoma). Hell I even know of a guy who RELEASED a Christian hardcore record and he is a staunch atheist.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »

tongues:  if the gift of tongues is not met with someone being given the gift of the interpretion of what was spoken in tonques, then the new testament commands the one speaking in tongues to shut up and sit down since no one can derive any benefit from it because they don't understand what he is saying...

...which is exactly my point and is why I previous posted the earlier passage that was actually referring to tongues....

so think you very much for helping me to reiterate my point
T'was an honest question.  In the few instances where I have witness the speaking in tongues thing.  Someone has gotten up and started babbling and then everyone else starts gurgling too and standing up in the pews and waving their arms and generally creating chaos.

On the subject of being able to understand one's message, would you mind taking a moment to convert from chatspeak to English before you post?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »

dude, I am typing on a cell phone
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 01:08:51 AM »

I was actually on track to becoming like Einzige in high school, but it was halted and completely reversed by the Christian hardcore kids I met in the scene for the record.

In my instance for evangelism which you are all big on your people failed (and quite horribly at that.) The hardcore kids didn't (and they weren't even trying to evangelize!)

...you know I never really thought about this that much until now, but now that I have the implications are just stunning.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 04:14:43 AM »

I personally feel that "speaking clearly and with purpose" would include not speaking in txt
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 07:40:21 AM »

dude, I am typing on a cell phone
D0 j00Z |\|07 0\/\/|\| 4 (0/\/\PU73r?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 08:03:46 AM »

I personally feel that "speaking clearly and with purpose" would include not speaking in txt

My text messages aren’t clear to everyone on this board, or are you simply “straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel” as Jesus would say?  Or as I would say, “Alcon, stop being a putz!”

Oh, and just for the curious, I do about 3-5 txt messages a month, so I am certainly not a fan of it…the only reason I’ve been having to constantly use my phone is that I was dumb enough to sign up with Comcast for internet service, which means I’ve had to resort to using smoke signals.

---

Speaking of texting, this commercial is soo brilliant, it’s an instant classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtP-S9OS0o0

“I’m like, ‘OMG, Becky’s not even hot!’”

lol

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies