A question for the Libya warmongers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:22:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  A question for the Libya warmongers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A question for the Libya warmongers  (Read 5550 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: March 24, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »

By the way, I seriously wonder what position would take currently so-pro-intervention liberals if George W. Bush were still President and decided to join the operation, I remind, that have an UN mandate?

Now, how many of you would now scream about "new Bush war"?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »

I always wanted to know why Libya warmongers were deadly silent, when Saudi tanks, with American blessing, were rolling through Bahrain against the people who, after all, just wanted their dictator to go.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »

I always wanted to know why Libya warmongers were deadly silent, when Saudi tanks, with American blessing, were rolling through Bahrain against the people who, after all, just wanted their dictator to go.

As far as I'm concerned, it's equally disgusting. What this changes to the Libyan issue, I fail to see.

Suprisingly, this forum war supporters were silent about Bahrain. Double standards?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »

Yes, everyone loves the Saudi government and their support of the Bahraini dictatorship, yes? Your pathetic attempts to insult are only embarrassing to yourself. Upon whom are you trying to get one over?

I'm merely pointing out that for some strange reason Libya intervention enthusiasts, whose mouths were full of humanitarian and pro-democratic arguments, were silent on Bahrain. Were there long threads on Bahrain? Were there discussions? And, yes, where were your principles, you were so eager to show when it comes to Libya.

No one likes when their BS is called out, so yes, take a chill pill, little friend, and try to be serious for once, instead of screaming about an "insult" like some Victorian girl.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 01:38:43 PM »

You make no sense. Of course everybody here disapproves about the repression in Barhain and would like the regime to be ousted. But are you seriously arguing that we should spend the same amount of time talking about it as we are talking about Libya ?

We almost didn't talk about Bahrain at all. I posted one thread on international general discussion, I believe (I'm not going to browse posts from few months to locate it) and I guess I was the only one who had, at some point, Bahrain protest-themed signature.

Of course we were discussing events in Libya for months, because a bloody war was going on for months. But that's not a point. The point is, brutal crackdown of protests in Bahrain by Saudi military went practically unnoticed here and I really don't remember anyone of you to utter a word. Feel free to correct me if you did.

As GMantis pointed out, and I agree, Bahrain was largerly ignored in media in general, which represents larger problem.

(By the way, I found this thread and decided to bump, because we lacked Bahrain example here)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »

All right. I have to admit my error now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 02:12:01 PM »

This is such a stupid argument. If it were possible to intervene on the side of democratic rebels against authoritarian, murderous regimes in every single instance, I would support that. But it's not, obviously, due to political reasons and limited resources. Libya presented a political situation where international support existed and a military/geographical situation where limited air support could significantly aid the rebels. Bahrain/Syria/Yemen does not. So should we not intervene in Libya because we cannot everywhere else as well? No, that's stupid. Better a good but not perfect outcome than nothing at all.

And most of the Libya thread is talking about the Civil War going on there. The vast majority of discussion there took place after the domestic rebellion phase of the war. Things were happening and the situation was changing, so people commented on them. Not really the case in Bahrain.

No one is comparing situation in Libya to situation in Bahrain. However, it's clear West did nothing (and I'm not talking about strictly military aspect, of course) in Bahrain case.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »

Obviously, I just misjudged certain posters' past reactions and I apologize for any innapropriate reaction from my side.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies