I'm retiring from Atlasia.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:41:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm retiring from Atlasia.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm retiring from Atlasia.  (Read 1567 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »

Several people have known this for about a month, but I figured I'd announce it publicly.  Given how incredibly unpleasant and unfun my career in Atlasia has been, I'm not going to run for reelection to the NE Assembly or for any other offices in Atlasia.  Cue lynch mob on 1, 2...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 06:51:27 PM »

Considering that your entire contributions were trolling, fraud, labelling people, etc. etc...

Good riddance.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »

Very pleased to hear this.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:11:24 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 07:58:25 PM »

Bye.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 07:59:16 PM »

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 08:12:32 PM »

See you next week!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 09:16:54 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I will face brutal criticism for saying this but I don't really care. You were a great Atlasian and you will be greatly missed at least from my end. Good luck in all of your future endeavours. Oh, and thanks for all your help in my introduction to Atlasia and the Populares Party :')
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 09:36:29 PM »

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »

If he's serious, I wonder how the POP in the NE will operate without their leader and organisational brain.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 10:25:25 PM »

If he's serious, I wonder how the POP in the NE will operate without their leader and organisational brain.

Looks like I'm going to have to step up.

Which means the Populares are screwed.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 11:08:09 PM »

Looks like I'm going to have to step up.

Which means the Populares are screwed.

The Populares were screwed long before you got here. The only thing you could possibly do at this point is to save it or hasten its end. I very much prefer the former.

As for Wormy -
He made a mistake by running an "unserious" campaign the first time out. That is a luxury that no populares could take and get away with longterm because the view among most is the party is unserious by design. It needs to work against and destroy established "perceptions", many of which are unfair, and Wormy instead only reinforced them. Now of course, he was new and thus had no way of knowing this ahead of time, only just what he was told. If you run the events that followed out with this as a starting point and considering even reasonable outrage for yourself in his shoes, it's easy to not only understand why certain things happened, but actually to feel sorry for Worms.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 11:44:34 PM »

that is a good idea.  hope to see you some in the other parts of the forum.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 11:49:11 PM »

As for Wormy -
He made a mistake by running an "unserious" campaign the first time out. That is a luxury that no populares could take and get away with longterm because the view among most is the party is unserious by design. It needs to work against and destroy established "perceptions", many of which are unfair, and Wormy instead only reinforced them. Now of course, he was new and thus had no way of knowing this ahead of time, only just what he was told. If you run the events that followed out with this as a starting point and considering even reasonable outrage for yourself in his shoes, it's easy to not only understand why certain things happened, but actually to feel sorry for Worms.

That sums it up just about perfectly.  Of course I'm not sure just how "reasonable" I was, but I'm glad you can at least see yourself in my shoes.

that is a good idea.  hope to see you some in the other parts of the forum.

Can we be friends again? Sad
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 11:55:30 PM »

okay.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 01:49:27 AM »

Again, with the presumption of long-term intent.

Wormy and I CLEARLY had disagreements during our time in the Assembly, I pretty much never agreed with him let alone his methods... the issues of misrepresenting me during the NE Gubernatorial campaign left an especially bitter taste in my mouth.

But, however nuts and impractical his views are, he believes it completely, and I do respect that.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 09:32:41 AM »

I know many people are mad, but silly personal attacks in a thread like this will still be moderated (although leniently infracted given the circumstances)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 09:41:24 AM »

Yeah, sure.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 10:31:52 AM »

Wormy and I CLEARLY had disagreements during our time in the Assembly, I pretty much never agreed with him let alone his methods... the issues of misrepresenting me during the NE Gubernatorial campaign left an especially bitter taste in my mouth.

But, however nuts and impractical his views are, he believes it completely, and I do respect that.

One thing I can say about you polnut is that you always had class.

I remember one discussion (and I think Wormy purposefully created the thread just so he could attack me) where he completely misrepresented my political ideology and beliefs.  It was one of the most disrespectful things anyone has said to me in my time here.  On the outside it seemed like I was willing to let bygones be bygones, but on the inside I despised Wormy.  Maybe not despise him enough to vote against him if he ran for a nationwide office (I'm too loyal to the Populares to do that to anyone) but enough to where I outright ignored him for the rest of his time here.  My previous experiences with Libertas, which left me an angry and bitter man, told me it was best to just lay off on any potential hate speech I would throw at somebody in the future.

Wormy may not be the most classy of individuals, or even the most honest, or the nicest, or hell f*** it he's been a piece of sh*t bastard in the past.  However, bastards can change in temperament, so I'll wait on passing final judgement on Wormy.

As for swearing off this forum:
I've tried it before, it just doesn't happen.  Sure you'll get much reduced post per day ratios but you'll still come back here.  It's a curse I tell ya, A CURSE!!!
Plus, you'll want to see what everybody is saying about you (some of it will no doubt be negative) and feel the need to defend your reputation.  That's what happened to me at least.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »

I've tried it before, it just doesn't happen.  Sure you'll get much reduced post per day ratios but you'll still come back here.  It's a curse I tell ya, A CURSE!!!
Plus, you'll want to see what everybody is saying about you (some of it will no doubt be negative) and feel the need to defend your reputation.  That's what happened to me at least.

Most people say that & come back, but not all. Vepres did leave, after all.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »

This is just my opinion, but it might be better if we all keep our personal feelings to ourselves.  I know it is hard, and I have not done a good job of this myself.

There are some people here that draw strong emotions in support and against.  When something like this happens and people rejoice, it only hardens feelings and makes further fun playing of the game harder.

Wormy, you said you were sorry.  I accept that.  If you want to leave for awhile, that is up to you.  I have no feelings about that one way or another.  If and when you come back, I will hold no hard feelings.  I probably won't trust you, but considering the arena in which we operate, I won't totally write you off.  I may be alone, but this is an internet game, so I take everything with a grain of salt.

Good luck to you.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »

One thing I can say about you polnut is that you always had class.

I remember one discussion (and I think Wormy purposefully created the thread just so he could attack me) where he completely misrepresented my political ideology and beliefs.  It was one of the most disrespectful things anyone has said to me in my time here.  On the outside it seemed like I was willing to let bygones be bygones, but on the inside I despised Wormy.  Maybe not despise him enough to vote against him if he ran for a nationwide office (I'm too loyal to the Populares to do that to anyone) but enough to where I outright ignored him for the rest of his time here.  My previous experiences with Libertas, which left me an angry and bitter man, told me it was best to just lay off on any potential hate speech I would throw at somebody in the future.

Wormy may not be the most classy of individuals, or even the most honest, or the nicest, or hell f*** it he's been a piece of sh*t bastard in the past.  However, bastards can change in temperament, so I'll wait on passing final judgement on Wormy.

I've tried it before, it just doesn't happen.  Sure you'll get much reduced post per day ratios but you'll still come back here.  It's a curse I tell ya, A CURSE!!!

I used to think so, but it is possible actually.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies