OH-PPP: Brown leading by double digits
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:40:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  OH-PPP: Brown leading by double digits
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-PPP: Brown leading by double digits  (Read 2286 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_OH_0316424.pdf

Brown 49%
Carey 34%

Brown 49%
Husted 34%

Brown 49%
Jordan 30%

Brown 48%
LaTourette 30%

Brown 48%
Mandel 32%

Brown 49%
Taylor 30%
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:58:23 AM »

Ha! Thanks a lot Kasich!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 11:18:17 AM »

This plus the Kasich numbers from the same survey are screaming for comparison numbers from another poll. It's just too much of a swing to the Dems unless the Republicans are having a total collapse in the Midwest after a big swing to the Republicans in 2010.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 11:34:17 AM »

This plus the Kasich numbers from the same survey are screaming for comparison numbers from another poll. It's just too much of a swing to the Dems unless the Republicans are having a total collapse in the Midwest after a big swing to the Republicans in 2010.

The Kasich numbers were from a University of Cincinnati poll, this is a PPP poll.   
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 12:15:20 PM »

Oops.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 12:31:03 PM »

The crosstabs between this and the last PPP poll of Ohio are similar. Brown went from a +3 approval rating to a +10 one. His numbers against what effectively are Generic Republican candidates have gone up significantly. He was only 5 points(?) up on Husted last time and now he's 15 points up.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 12:42:01 PM »

I guess this is a downside for a party when they win big during a recession. I wonder how many people think the Senate is controlled by Republicans now.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »

I guess this is a downside for a party when they win big during a recession. I wonder how many people think the Senate is controlled by Republicans now.

I'd say a plurality of Americans.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 02:11:09 PM »

Great to see!
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »

Sad.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 04:02:49 PM »

Something like 50% of Americans either think Obamacare was repealed or don't know whether or not it was, so that wouldn't surprise me.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »

The Ohio's GOP-backed measure to largely eliminate public sector collective bargaining, while not creating quite the splash here as in Wisconsin, is still quite unpopular and an issue that mobilizes opposition to action, both among the Democratic base and among more independent teachers and other public sector workers (particularly local government employees, which again includes teachers) who might've voted for Kasich. The fact a normally united to the point of being monolithic Ohio Republican Senate caucus lost 6 of their 23 members to squeak the measure through by one vote is telling.

The state GOP may've overplayed their hand, and its on an issue voters are actually paying attention to. This is creating political dividends for Democrats across the board here, even in federal races.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 03:20:09 AM »

Interesting that PPP finds Ken Blackwell the favorite among GOP primary voters, yet they didn't include him in their General Election polls.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_OH_0318.pdf
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 10:38:47 AM »

If we had a candidate other than Lee Fisher would should have won the Ohio senate race in 2010.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 05:29:56 PM »

If we had a candidate other than Lee Fisher would should have won the Ohio senate race in 2010.

LoL
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 05:36:47 PM »

Something like 50% of Americans either think Obamacare was repealed or don't know whether or not it was, so that wouldn't surprise me.

How do people get away with being so unflinchingly stupid about such important issues?
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 05:36:59 PM »

Haha, no way. If Strickland was pulled under by the wave, to a weaker Republican than Portman, no Democrat was going to win that senate seat in 2010.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »

How do people get away with being so unflinchingly stupid about such important issues?

Politicians are too scared to stand up and clarify untruths and so many people (including some on this site) unfortunately make excuses for the broad stupidity of the voting public.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 08:01:30 PM »

John Kasich. Too funny.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 03:54:10 PM »

Heh. Just noticed the Carey listed was comedian Drew Carey. I could have sworn there was a GOP state senator named Carey (maybe retired now), and assumed that's who they were polling. Funny.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 03:56:05 PM »

Heh. Just noticed the Carey listed was comedian Drew Carey. I could have sworn there was a GOP state senator named Carey (maybe retired now), and assumed that's who they were polling. Funny.

More funny is that he is polling best.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 01:58:41 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2011, 02:00:17 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

LOL! This would be Democrats' greatest recruitement coup.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/davidcatanese/0311/Ken_Blackwell_to_examine_Ohio_Senate_bid.html

Former Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell told POLITICO he will take the next several weeks to examine a possible Senate candidacy after a public poll showed him to be the early preference among GOP voters.

“My first reaction is to say I’ve buried my political ambitions," Blackwell said before pausing when reached by phone at his Cincinnati home Wednesday afternoon.   “But I know where I buried them . . . So I can pull them forth anytime I want to."

Blackwell said he was intrigued by the Public Policy Polling survey -- showing him netting 21 percent of Ohio primary voters -- enough to further explore the Senate contest against first-term Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown.

"It means I will definitely take a serious look at it," he said.  "I feel those numbers are worthy of further examination.  I believe that constitutional conservatism is on the rebound. I think getting a conservative Republican majority is very important.”
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »

http://www.politico.com/blogs/davidcatanese/0311/Ken_Blackwell_to_examine_Ohio_Senate_bid.html

Former Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell told POLITICO he will take the next several weeks to examine a possible Senate candidacy after a public poll showed him to be the early preference among GOP voters.

“My first reaction is to say I’ve buried my political ambitions," Blackwell said before pausing when reached by phone at his Cincinnati home Wednesday afternoon.   “But I know where I buried them . . . So I can pull them forth anytime I want to."

Blackwell said he was intrigued by the Public Policy Polling survey -- showing him netting 21 percent of Ohio primary voters -- enough to further explore the Senate contest against first-term Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown.

"It means I will definitely take a serious look at it," he said.  "I feel those numbers are worthy of further examination.  I believe that constitutional conservatism is on the rebound. I think getting a conservative Republican majority is very important.”

Tough for me to think the GOP establishment would give him another shot after being anihilated in 2006, but then they gave one to DeWine who lost almost as badly.....
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 04:30:22 AM »

Tough for me to think the GOP establishment would give him another shot after being anihilated in 2006, but then they gave one to DeWine who lost almost as badly.....

I don't think the GOP establishment would either. I sure hope they do though. He'd do better than 2006 but still lose. Brown is a likeable guy, and against most of the mentioned opponents he should win fairly easily, unless 2012 is a repeat of 2010 in voting patterns which I highly doubt.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 02:35:10 PM »

I don't think the GOP establishment would either. I sure hope they do though. He'd do better than 2006 but still lose. Brown is a likeable guy, and against most of the mentioned opponents he should win fairly easily, unless 2012 is a repeat of 2010 in voting patterns which I highly doubt.

I'd love to see that too, but seriously doubt the GOP bigwigs will allow it. Not only are they aware Blackwell's probably their weakest major candidate that Ohio Dems like us want to face Brown Wink, but by all accounts the party shotcallers will back Lt. Gov Taylor, who was reportedly promised such backing in exchange for dropping her ambitions for higher office last year and instead agreeing to be Kasich's running mate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies