Pawlenty's Issues (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:33:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Pawlenty's Issues (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pawlenty's Issues  (Read 20857 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: March 15, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »

Does anyone actually takes T-Paw seriously?

Really. Anyone?

If Huckabee and Palin don't run, their 35% in most polls has to go to someone, right?

Today's ppp poll shows that with those two out of the race, he jumps from 5% all the way up to 6%.

Love Zelig.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 01:30:17 PM »

Pawlenty's drawl is so thick he makes Haley Barbour sound like Tim Palwenty in New Hampshire.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:45:35 PM »

Maybe the only thing less surprising than Hillary acting Southern in that campaign would be her doing it playfully and FOX intentionally showing it out of context to make it look like she was serious.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 05:40:27 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2011, 05:44:51 PM by Joementum »

Edit: (smartphone=edit up here) not sure how valuable endorsements are in the end.  Gore endorsed Dean.  Huckabee endorsed Vander Plaats.  So...

As I've posted elsewhere, I think Bachmann is likely to run, stand out as a woman/lunatic, and pick up a bunch of Huckabee and Palin support if they don't run.  I think if the media and Teadia grew increasingly obsessed with Michele, Palin is likely to try to position herself as her #1 advocate so that she is part of the story instead of dumped for the new girl if that makes sense.  I feel like Huckabee would likely stuml for Barbour, someone he sounds fond of and someone whose elevated status would be relatively less of a conflict with his own interests if he wants to keep 2016 options open (as opposed to say Pawlenty; Gingrich probably safest but I'd bet on Barbour or maybe the biggest threat to Romney).  Anyway, I roughly agree with Bourbon that Pawlenty, his Evangelical Christianity and Thune's exit notwithstanding, faces stiff competition for the voters he'd need to get airborne in Iowa.  Santorum too.  He arguably has a fiscally and socially conservative record in office and no cardinal sins but he did enthusiastically support Cap and Trade (renounces it now) citing Jimmy Carter as a model for policy, he said "the era of small government is over" though he claims he was just quoting David Brooks, he is responsible for allowing a pedophile to open a daycare center in his home, he's a bore, his unfavorables are weirdly high among Republicans given their low familiarity with him and he got busted faking a persona.  It wouldn't be earthshattering surprise if he won Iowa but his path is much more obstructed than Huckabee's was in 2008.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 07:55:14 AM »

Wait.  Do you think Chairman Sanchez is a rapper?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies