SENATE BILL: The Game Moderator Reform Act (Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:58:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Game Moderator Reform Act (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Game Moderator Reform Act (Law'd)  (Read 6918 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 11, 2011, 12:09:45 AM »
« edited: April 07, 2011, 04:11:39 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Antonio for the President
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:52:09 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Antonio for the President

Here's my questions: What limit does the SoEA have to write about foreign crisises and the like affecting Atlasia? Could the SoEA write his/her own crisis and respond to it? That kind of takes the challenge out of it IMHO.

The SoIA is limited to regional matters, and I like the idea, but what role would the GM's Office have for regional matters? Would the GM and SoIA have "co-jurisdiction" over regional issues?

That said, expanding the role of these two offices to give them some form of "assistant GM" powers is a great and long overdue idea I heartily support.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »

Here's my questions: What limit does the SoEA have to write about foreign crisises and the like affecting Atlasia? Could the SoEA write his/her own crisis and respond to it? That kind of takes the challenge out of it IMHO.

The SoEA would have to work with the GM on significant crises involving Atlasia.  Basically, the legislation allows the SoEA to get things in gear, and to create peripheral stories that give the GM something to work with.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 04:11:16 PM »

FTR, if I may, I set out a basic list of RL events which happen or do not happen in Atlasia: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=127840.msg2743982#msg2743982

It'd be cool if it could be codified or remain as unofficial policy to make the SoEA/GM's job easier and to not have a sh**tload of boring RL-articles about elections in Niger.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 04:30:28 PM »

It'd be cool if it could be codified or remain as unofficial policy to make the SoEA/GM's job easier and to not have a sh**tload of boring RL-articles about elections in Niger.

It will certainly be used for reference.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 05:30:46 PM »

FTR, if I may, I set out a basic list of RL events which happen or do not happen in Atlasia: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=127840.msg2743982#msg2743982

I don't know how I missed that post of yours from Dec, Hash.

And I agree.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 07:03:31 PM »

Anyone have any amendments or debate to add?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »

I have one concern. Is that appropriate for SoEA, for example, to make up an events he'd respond to?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 09:30:40 PM »

I have one concern. Is that appropriate for SoEA, for example, to make up an events he'd respond to?

As I've said, basically what this bill will do is allow the SoEA to create stories as a base for the GM.  It also creates background information.  The SoEA cannot create a crisis, respond to it, and give himself the Nobel Peace Prize.  He creates the baseline, and then works with the GM to share the Nobel Peace Prize.

I hope this alleviates your concern.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 01:40:09 PM »

Thanks Ben. No more objections.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 05:17:31 PM »

Ditto---at least regarding the SoEA's role under this bill. RE: the SoIA, I'll reiterate my earlier question:

The SoIA is limited to regional matters, and I like the idea, but what role would the GM's Office have for regional matters? Would the GM and SoIA have "co-jurisdiction" over regional issues?

That said, expanding the role of these two offices to give them some form of "assistant GM" powers is a great and long overdue idea I heartily support.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »

I would like an answer to the current question as well.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 10:31:14 PM »

As I've said, basically what this bill will do is allow the SoEA to create stories as a base for the GM.  It also creates background information.  The SoEA cannot create a crisis, respond to it, and give himself the Nobel Peace Prize.  He creates the baseline, and then works with the GM to share the Nobel Peace Prize.

I hope this alleviates your concern.

I think I see what you are saying, but I don't see this distinction in the bill itself.

Also, Badger,  is anything more there a bill like this could do to assist the GM or make more GM duties more efficient ?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2011, 12:31:40 PM by Eamon de Valera »

I'd like to offer an amendment, regarding section 2, point 1, considering GTO Ambassador role as Secretary's deputy.

Section 2 – Secretary of External Affairs
1. The Secretary of External Affairs shall be permitted to publish stories relating to foreign elections, foreign economic actions, foreign military conflicts, etc. In case of Secretary's prolonged and declared leave of absence (specifically, a week or longer), this task shall fall to the GTO Ambassador.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »

I'd like to offer an amendment, regarding section 2, point 1, considering GTO Ambassador role as Secretary's deputy.

Section 2 – Secretary of External Affairs
1. The Secretary of External Affairs shall be permitted to publish stories relating to foreign elections, foreign economic actions, foreign military conflicts, etc. In case of Secretary's prolonged and declared leave of absence (specifically, a week or longer), this task shall fall to the GTO Ambassador.
That's a great amendment, Kalwejt. I hope Antonio will accept it as friendly.

Ditto---at least regarding the SoEA's role under this bill. RE: the SoIA, I'll reiterate my earlier question:

The GM office would more be focused on Senate affairs, and the SoIA would have a focus on regional affairs. My interpretation of the bill is that the GM office would not have powers over regional affairs.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »

Does the sponsor accept the Amendment as friendly?

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:04:20 PM »

Tony, wake up Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 02:50:41 PM »

Oh, damn. Sorry.

Yes, accepted.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 03:32:03 PM »

Senators have 24 hours to object to the amendment and request a vote.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 07:05:11 PM »

The GM office would more be focused on Senate affairs, and the SoIA would have a focus on regional affairs. My interpretation of the bill is that the GM office would not have powers over regional affairs.

For the record, though, the GM could still have the ability to post on and influence whatever he likes, right?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »

Also, just as an outside suggestion, I think all of this should be done in the same thread. Scattering important stories across at least three threads is a recipe for confusion and people missing important stuff.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 11:34:10 AM »

Agree with Marokai.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 03:56:04 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2011, 05:31:44 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

The amendment has passed.

A singular thread is probably the best situation, as far as the Game Moderating aspect. In terms of their offices and duties though, I think the SoEA, SoIA etc should maintain their independent threads, as they currently do.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 08:08:08 PM »

For the record, though, the GM could still have the ability to post on and influence whatever he likes, right?

That is a good question. It needs to be clarified in the legislation one way or another.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies