Election Night 2012- With a twist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:13:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Night 2012- With a twist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Election Night 2012- With a twist  (Read 5482 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:40:29 PM »

I am going to start another election night thread, this time in 2012. The twist is that this will feature a classic newsteam of my choice, Stay tuned
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:44:23 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2011, 04:38:33 PM by tb75 »

Announcer: The Regular programs will not be seen tonight as ABC News brings you Election Night 2012.

ABC News presents Election 2012, and now from ABC Headquarters Howard K. Smith and Harry Reasoner.

Reasoner: Good Evening and Welcome to the beginning of what we will believe will be a long night. This is the first election of the decade, and the night is starting great. My partner Howard K. Smith has some state calls. Howard?

Smith: Let’s get started with the states that have just closed, there is six states and 3 are ready to be declared. First in the state of Kentucky, ABC news gives it to Governor Huckabee, not a surprise but made closer by Ron Paul and the Libertarians. In the state of Vermont, ABC News gives it to President Obama, another likely state. The third state is South Carolina, which ABC gives to Governor Huckabee. Two states are two close to call, and Harry will go over that.

Reasoner: Let’s look at Indiana first, Indiana is too close to call by ABC News. President Obama has a two point lead with 20% in. Huckabe is close behind, with Paul pulling about 5%. In Georgia, Huckabee is leading by three points, mainly due to Paul. Let’s look at the national map:

The Huckabee states are blue, The Obama States are red, The Paul states,  if he wins any is yellow. Huckabee is leading with 17 Electorical Votes, while the President has 3 Ev’s. Let’s now go to our three correspondents, first White House Correspondents Tom Jariell. Tom?

Jariell: Good Evening Harry, President Obama is having dinner with family and Friends in The White house behind me. The President has been reported as very nervous, because of the close polls. He is trailing behind Huckabee in most early vote totals, but is trying to be optimistic as much as he can. He will be using the best resources available to keep up with results. Tom Jariell, ABC News Washington D.C

Reynolds: I am Frank Reynolds and I am here in Little Rock Arkansas at the Huckabee rally. Governor Huckabee is spending the evening with his family and watching the results. Governor Huckabee is reported to be quite optimistic, but is worried somewhat about Ron Paul taking 5% of the vote in most states. But, he is really pleased with the early results espically in the south, he is ready for the long haul in case the night was to become late. Frank Reynolds, ABC News Little Rock, Arkansas.

Donaldson: I’m Sam Donaldson with the Paul campaign in Gavelston Texas. Rep Paul is reported to be quite disappointed with the current results, but Paul says he will stay realistic. Mr. Paul says either way the forgotten voters will have their voices heard tonight but how is the question that will be asked. Sam Donaldson, ABC News Galveston, Texas.

Reasoner: We will be back with more of Election 2012 after these messages.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »

I like election night timelines Smiley
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »

There will be more to come in the next few days
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:08:36 AM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 10:16:04 AM »

Will we find out the VP's on
the three tickets soon?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »

Will we find out the VP's on
the three tickets soon?

Yes, there will be three more correspondents with them as well
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 03:30:32 PM »

I like this-I just finished one last week, but its not ready to be posted. This is way better though, so I have some serious editing to do Smiley
America™
All For America
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 03:39:42 PM »

Huckabee wins because Paul wins an Obama state. Book it.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 05:46:42 PM »

Reasoner: Welcome back, it’s now 8:00 PM, and 15 more states polls have closed. Howard has the current totals.

Smith: Harry, as the race gets closer we have a few more results. First in the northeast, ABC News gives the states of Maine, and Mass to President Obama. Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware are too early to call. In the south, ABC gives Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee to Huckabee. The important states of Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina are still to close.

Pennsylvania, which we forgot to mention is too close to call, but the president is winning. In the mid-west, Missouri, Illinois, and Oklahoma are all to close. Missourii is a dead heat, Obama has a lead in Illinois but not enough to declare, and in Oklahoma, Paul is running in second, he might pull an upset here.

Here is the updated map and PV total’s

Obama/Biden- 43%
Huckabee/Daniels-49%
Paul/Bachmann-8%

Obama is trailing by 6% in the popular vote, which is not surprising due to the southern states. The number is expected to grow. Harry?

Reasoner: Let's now go to our ABC correspondents who are with the Vice Presidential canidates. First is Ted Koppel who is with Vice President Biden.

Koppal: This is Ted Koppel in Washington D.C. VP Biden has just left the White House after having dinner with the President, looking disapointed with the current results. Delaware being undecided is a huge shock he said, but I believe it will come back into our camp. He is going to spend the evening with his wife Jill and their family. When the decision is final he will appear with President at the rally. Ted Koppel, ABC News Washington D.C

Farmer: I'm Don Farmer and I am with the Daniels Campaign at the Indiana State Capitol. Governor Daniels is really happy with the current results, and is believing that Indiana will go to the Huckabee total. The governor still hasen't decided if he will go to Little Rock or will talk to the supporters at the Capital, he is expected to decide sometime tonight. Don Farmer, ABC News.

Bell: I am Steve Bell and I am at the Paul/Bachman Rally. Mrs. Bachman is pleased with the results even though being dissapointed. She says the total will pick up in the west where the campaign believes they can make up speed fast. I also asked her about her proposal if that the campaign would get at least 10% or win a state she will pose either in a bikini or possibly nude for a magazine she said "I'm not the first or last one to consider this so yes." This will be one of the more interesting stories. Steve Bell, ABC News Minnesota.

Reasoner: (Laughing) We will be back after these messages.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »

Why would Bachmann sign with the Libertarians? She first got into the Republican camp as a pro-life activist and a Carter '76 voter.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »

Why would Bachmann sign with the Libertarians? She first got into the Republican camp as a pro-life activist and a Carter '76 voter.

Just go with it. I needed a major name for Paul
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 06:28:47 PM »

Just go with it. I needed a major name for Paul

How about Johnson? He's pretty much set up to be Paul's candidate in 2012 anyway.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 07:16:56 PM »

Reasoner: it is 9:00 PM, and more than half of the states are now closed. Howard has the updated Results.

Smith: Thanks Harry, 15 more state shave closed and we have some more results. In The Northeast, ABC News gives the states of Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island to the President. It took some time for Conn, but RI and NY were always Obama states.

In the south, ABC News Gives Huckabee Arkansas his home state, Louisiana, and West Virginia. Arkansas and Louisiana were always Huckabee states, WV was a tossup. The important states of Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, and Texas are still up. Georgia  and North Carolina is leaning Huckabee, Florida and Texas is a three way tossup.

In the Mid-west, which is typically GOP territory is being split by the republicans. Only one state, Kansas is declared for The Republicans.

Let's look at the other Important too close states. In Penneslyvania, Huckabee has a one point lead, the same in Indiana and Ohio. In Michigan, The President has a three point lead, but not enough to declare. The same in his home state of Illinois.

Let's look at the map:

Huckabee/Daniels-68 EV's, 49%

Obama/Biden- 61 Ev's, 40%
Paul/Bachman-11%

Reasoner: We will be back after this message
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 11:40:10 AM »

continue =) I'd like to see if paul takesany state.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 11:42:06 AM »

A Huckabee victory with Paul taking states would be nice.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »

How is this even close?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 08:39:31 PM »

AN update will come tomorrow. I have had a bad day today
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 08:56:38 AM »

Reasoner: It’s 10:00 in the east, and four more states have closed and each state cannont be called. But we do have a few more calls and Howard has those.

Smith: Let’s start in the northeast, ABC gives New Hampshire to Huckabee, the first state in the northeast to go Republican in three elections. Also in the North, Maryland will go to the President, a unusally close state tonight. In the south, the states of Georgia and Virginia will finaly go to Huckabee.

In the middle of the country the states of Michigan,and Wisconsin will go to the President. Michigan was close all night, but Wisconsin needed only an hour to be called. Illinois is growing for Obama, but it is still to early. Indiana will be called for Huckabee sometime, but not now.

Let’s look at the map:

Huckabee- 101 EV's, 47%
Obama-97 EV's,42%
Paul-11%

Reasoner: We will be back in just a moment
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 09:02:26 AM »

I was hoping the Live Free or Die State could go Libertarian just to make things interesting. Why does it go for Huckabee? Doesn't Paul ruin chances of it going Republican?
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »

I like how this is so much of a Huckster landslide that it looks like Bachmann is actually TAKING votes from Obama.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 12:57:02 PM »

Why is Paul taking Obama's votes? That doesn't make much sense Tongue

Otherwise, interesting timeline.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 06:31:50 PM »

Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »

If you will read the title you will get the reason. Not only do we have older newsmen we also have other things flipped around as well
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »

Reasoner: It is now 11:00 PM in the east and every state in the continental United States are now closed. The biggest state in the union has closed, and Howard has some results.

Smith: Harry, ABC News Projects California will go to the president by a bid margin. This is is the only state on the pacfic to be declared so far. ABC News also gives Illinois and Hawaii to the president.

ABC News gives the states of Delaware, and Missouri to Huckabee, These are traditional Bellweather states, so that is a good sign for the Huckabee camp.  Wait a Min, just in Indiana will go to Huckabee, by a close margin. This means Daniels did his job, and this is the third turnover state from Obama's last election.

Here is the map:

Obama/Biden- 176 Ev's, 45%
Huckabee/Daniels- 125 Ev's, 42%
Paul/Bachman- 13%

Reasoner: Let's now go to White House Correspondent Tom Jariell. Tom?

Jariell: Thanks Harry. The President's hopes are going now that he has the lead in the polls, even though neither candidate has a solid lead. He is confident now that he has won California and Illinois. These are all big states in the overall total, but the President is disappointed losing three of his last states. Either way, the President is in for the long haul. Tom Jariell, ABC News The White House.

Smith: We will be back in a moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies