Texas the next Colorado? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:21:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Texas the next Colorado? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas the next Colorado?  (Read 9524 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:48:08 PM »

the map is accurate in some ways, but Utah? WTF? What's up with Minnesota voting republican? Don't they have the longest streak of democratic presidential wins?

The map in 2032........not 2012.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:50:14 PM »

This could be what 2032 looks like-

The sun belt and the west becoming more moderate/liberal and the rust belt becoming realigning with the rural south to become the next GOP coalition.

Not sure about Utah, but other than that I could see this happening.

As for Texas being a swing state in 2012, LOL.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:14:41 PM »

This could be what 2032 looks like-

The sun belt and the west becoming more moderate/liberal and the rust belt becoming realigning with the rural south to become the next GOP coalition.

Not sure about Utah, but other than that I could see this happening.

As for Texas being a swing state in 2012, LOL.
Don't poo poo Utah swingin'...its swinging pretty fast in Salt Lake and more and more people are movin' in. What happened elsewhere in the states around Utah is happening in Utah.

I guess twenty years is a long time, a long of things could happen.
I don't think many people in 1908 would think that in 1928 the Democratic candidate would win Micksajewstits so yeah I'll entertain that idea.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »

Texas has a pretty strong democratic heritage. As late as 10 years ago, the state assembly had a democratic majority and 17 of the 30 congressional seats were democratic held. I still believe that a democrat could win a statewide election in Texas but it has to be more of a Lloyd Bentsen type as opposed to a Barbara Boxer type.
^^^^
This.
It is important to remember that although Obama overperformed in the cities he still lost the election in Texas by 12 points in a nationwide environment very favorable to Democrats.  Hell Clinton got a lot closer in 1992 and 1996 than Obama did with a third party candidate running.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies