Parential notification for abortion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:15:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Parential notification for abortion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Parential notification for abortion  (Read 6905 times)
qwerty
ghwbush
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2004, 04:23:26 PM »

I favor it. Parents have a right to know if their child is undergoing a medical proceedure.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 04:27:09 PM »

I favor parental notificarion for an abortion. The girls paretns won't "kill" them if she tells she is preganant. (At least I would hope not)
DaleC76
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 04:29:20 PM »

I think a parent should be notified of any kind of medical operation their minor child goes through.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 04:34:04 PM »

I favor parental notificarion for an abortion. The girls paretns won't "kill" them if she tells she is preganant. (At least I would hope not)

I don't know if you've ever known or conversed with a girl who's parents found out that she had an abortion.  The parents ended up kicking her out of the house the day she turned 18, and haven't exactly spoken to her since.

There's a REASON kids aren't forced to tell their parents about these things.
badnarikin04

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 05:05:35 PM »

If a person feels they are old enough to have sex, then they should have the rightto make their own decisions.

If a pregnant child wants her parents to know about it, she can tell them. If she doesn't, let her keep it to herself. What she does with her body is her business.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 05:41:19 PM »

I don't know if you've ever known or conversed with a girl who's parents found out that she had an abortion.  The parents ended up kicking her out of the house the day she turned 18, and haven't exactly spoken to her since.

Kicking an unruly child out of your home isn't always the wrong thing to do. I've known quite a few people who've done it and it ended up being the best thing for the child.
qwerty
ghwbush
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 05:42:01 PM »

What she does with her body is her business.

After she's eighteen, maybe, but not as a minor. She would need permission for a tatoo, or a peircing, why not a medical proceedure?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 09:31:28 PM »

no. I don't think permission should be required for tattoos and piercings either.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2004, 09:35:06 PM »

There are excpetions to abortion.  I oppose it.  A child is something a girl is responsible for for the next 18 years and it should be her choice.  Nation is right, some parents are assholes and have no scruples either.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2004, 09:36:39 PM »

There are excpetions to abortion.  I oppose it.  A child is something a girl is responsible for for the next 18 years and it should be her choice.  Nation is right, some parents are assholes and have no scruples either.

Would you be upset if/when your son/daughter got a tattoo without your knowledge?
qwerty
ghwbush
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2004, 09:40:04 PM »

A child is something a girl is responsible for for the next 18 years

And her parents are also responsible for her until she is eighteen. Parents effectivley own their children until they are of legal age.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2004, 09:40:24 PM »

Would you be upset if/when your son/daughter got a tattoo without your knowledge?

I would make an exception for that and it would be 14.  With abortion a number of things can happen like the father raping her or either parent beating her.  And yes in Nation's case throwing her out of teh house for no other reason.
badnarikin04

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2004, 09:42:02 PM »

After she's eighteen, maybe, but not as a minor. She would need permission for a tatoo, or a peircing, why not a medical proceedure?

Do you think a minor would want to spend the remainder of her young life, what would be her college years, and what would be her first years in the working world had she not spent her college money on her child, well, raising a child?

I'm with BRTD on this one as well. Tattoos and piercings are also one's own business.

And I would be upset if my child had a tattoo, but it's still his/hers choice. I would simply warn them of what would come if she didn't consider herself to be associated with her tattoo in the future. They got the tattoo, and their only punishment should be having to live that tattoo down.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2004, 09:42:22 PM »

A child is something a girl is responsible for for the next 18 years

And her parents are also responsible for her until she is eighteen. Parents effectivley own their children until they are of legal age.

So the parent should be responsible for the child conceived under 18 until that's 18?  And no parents do not OWN their children until 18.  A father can't have sex with his daughter because it's an object.  That was in Roman times buddy.  
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2004, 09:42:35 PM »

I would make an exception for that and it would be 14.  With abortion a number of things can happen like the father raping her or either parent beating her.  And yes in Nation's case throwing her out of teh house for no other reason.

You dodged the question. Would you be upset if your child went behind your back and got a tattoo w/out telling you? And I strongly do believe in throwing an 18y.o. out the door once they hit 18. It gives them a good lesson in life.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2004, 09:44:21 PM »

I would make an exception for that and it would be 14.  With abortion a number of things can happen like the father raping her or either parent beating her.  And yes in Nation's case throwing her out of teh house for no other reason.

You dodged the question. Would you be upset if your child went behind your back and got a tattoo w/out telling you? And I strongly do believe in throwing an 18y.o. out the door once they hit 18. It gives them a good lesson in life.

Sure I would be upset.  But what does that have to do with abortion?  The child lives with the tattoo and can easily have it removed as should a baby in the 1st 2 trimesters without restrictions.
badnarikin04

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2004, 09:45:31 PM »

I don't think I would want to be States' kid.

Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2004, 09:46:06 PM »

Do you think a minor would want to spend the remainder of her young life, what would be her college years, and what would be her first years in the working world had she not spent her college money on her child, well, raising a child?

I'm with BRTD on this one as well. Tattoos and piercings are also one's own business.

And I would be upset if my child had a tattoo, but it's still his/hers choice. I would simply warn them of what would come if she didn't consider herself to be associated with her tattoo in the future. They got the tattoo, and their only punishment should be having to live that tattoo down.

A childs business is the parents business until they leave their parents roof, plain and simple. IF she made the mistake of getting pregnant in the first place that is the CONSEQUENCE of her stupid/ignorant actions. Of course if you teach your children responsiblity your chances of that happening go down. (Note: I did NOT say disappear, so don't stick words in my mouth.)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2004, 09:49:08 PM »

Sure I would be upset.  But what does that have to do with abortion?  The child lives with the tattoo and can easily have it removed as should a baby in the 1st 2 trimesters without restrictions.

First off a child under 18 has no real constitutional rights to privacy. (If the right to privacy is really in the constitution in the first place) If a child lives in their parents house and 'takes' from their parents, meaning food and shelter, then they should be obligated to follow ttheir parents rules. If they violate those rules on a regular basis then they should be thrown out.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2004, 09:49:27 PM »

A childs business is the parents business until they leave their parents roof, plain and simple. IF she made the mistake of getting pregnant in the first place that is the CONSEQUENCE of her stupid/ignorant actions. Of course if you teach your children responsiblity your chances of that happening go down. (Note: I did NOT say disappear, so don't stick words in my mouth.)

Well, if it is a consequence of her, she should have the right to choose PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2004, 09:50:35 PM »

Well, if it is a consequence of her, she should have the right to choose PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

If she is under 18 she has no "right" to choose. She is still under the stewardship of her parents.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2004, 09:53:17 PM »

A decision like this should not have to rely on the "stewardship" of her parents.  Her parents can be poor stewards and this is a decision a woman will have to lvie with far beyond age 18 without any parental support.  I would like to make life easier and say the decision should not be given to the whim of the parent.
qwerty
ghwbush
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2004, 09:54:45 PM »

So the parent should be responsible for the child conceived under 18 until that's 18?  And no parents do not OWN their children until 18.  A father can't have sex with his daughter because it's an object.  That was in Roman times buddy. 

I did not word that well. What I ment that is the parent is responsible for his/her child until he/she is eighteen. No they do not "own" the child, but they are responsible for it's wellbeing.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2004, 09:55:51 PM »

A decision like this should not have to rely on the "stewardship" of her parents.  Her parents can be poor stewards and this is a decision a woman will have to lvie with far beyond age 18 without any parental support.  I would like to make life easier and say the decision should not be given to the whim of the parent.

The courts could decide in that case who is best fit to make the decision for the child. Thats why we have a whole 'child court system'. And who is the judge if the parents are poor stewards? The child herself? Obviously, no, for the fact that she may disagree with her parents and call them 'bad' simply for disagreeing with her. If you are under 18 you can't vote and have very few constitutional rights to do anything.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2004, 09:56:08 PM »

So the parent should be responsible for the child conceived under 18 until that's 18?  And no parents do not OWN their children until 18.  A father can't have sex with his daughter because it's an object.  That was in Roman times buddy. 

I did not word that well. What I ment that is the parent is responsible for his/her child until he/she is eighteen. No they do not "own" the child, but they are responsible for it's wellbeing.

Better worded Nixon, but I still don't agree with you.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies