How Well Could Roy Moore
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:02:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How Well Could Roy Moore
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: How Well Could Roy Moore  (Read 9661 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2004, 04:09:08 AM »

Roy Moron is nothing but a slimeball opportunist who, like so many of his ilk, misuse the name of Jesus Christ for their own personal gain and political agenda.  He'd still be a backwoods judge if it weren't for liberal tyrants getting their panties in a wad about a small plaque in his country courtroom.  Now, thanks to the extreme left and extreme right, he's been made into a star.   Thanks extremists.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2004, 04:27:18 AM »

I agree. All Christians are obviously bigots.
Has StatesRights undergone religious conversion? Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2004, 11:02:27 AM »

Arkansas and Lousiana would probably be thrown to Bayh.  Probably Montana and Georgia also.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

If Moore ran as a 3rd party candidate, he woud be lucky to pick up Utah, Alabama, and Mississippi.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2004, 08:55:37 PM »

I agree. All Christians are obviously bigots.

no one said that, they said the type of people who tend to support people such as Moore are.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2004, 12:18:33 AM »

Here's my prediction

Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2004, 01:05:38 PM »

I have been thinking about this scenario for a while. If the Republicans go with Guiliano or Arnold (if they Amend the Constitution), I think Moore could do good, though he wouldn't win. If the Republicans go with a Conservative, then he has little chance.

Here is a scenario (which may be better in a new topic):
Republicans: Guiliani
Democrats: H. Clinton

Moore (or perhaps Pat Buchanan) gets frustrated with the Republicans moving away from the right and runs for President as the Constitution Party's Nominee.

Howard Dean fails to win the DNC chair, and frustrated that the Democrats have gotten too far from the left (with many Dems feeling that they lost in 2004 because they were too far left), joins the Green Party and runs as their Presidential Candidate.

Jesse Ventura decides to run as he has been mentioning running in 2008.

Ron Paul decides again to run for the Libertarians (as he ran in 84 or 88).

Nader decides not to run (or else he does and is ignored).
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2004, 04:47:07 PM »

I would depend on what his other positions are.  He'd have a good start, but after the initial fanfare, he could fade rapidly.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2004, 06:31:41 PM »

I doubt Moore would win in Mississippi unless it was like Guliani vs. Hillary, and people hated both candidates.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2004, 10:33:49 PM »

Moore is an opportunist, and will run for AL Governor in '06 as "The Ten Commandments Judge". Just wait and see.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2005, 01:26:44 AM »

NF,

I was referring to the situation that started him on his way towards fame.  The ACLU filed a suit against him when he was an unknown judge for having a small plaque on his wall with the 10 commandments.  When he fought that suit publicly, that made his name.  It's LIBERALS fault that Roy Moore made it to the Alabama supreme court.  Yet another example of the needs of the extremists conspiring together for the same evil purposes.

Roy Moron is nothing but a slimeball opportunist who, like so many of his ilk, misuse the name of Jesus Christ for their own personal gain and political agenda.  He'd still be a backwoods judge if it weren't for liberal tyrants getting their panties in a wad about a small plaque in his country courtroom.  Now, thanks to the extreme left and extreme right, he's been made into a star.   Thanks extremists.

I heard him speak. I am NOT a right winger. His logic in stating his position on the Ten Commandments monument was impeccable. He is no extemist nor is he an opportunist. He could have certainly made far more $$$ from this whole controversy and siezed more limelight if he had wanted. All he really wanted was to regain his position as Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court. (Hardly a small plaque in a county courtroom!) I went to hear him speak because I thought I would hear a kook and I wanted to hear him first hand not filtered through the media. What I heard was not a nutball and I came away impressed by his humility and the consistency of his logic. To say the least he is severely misrepresented by the media.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2005, 03:33:12 PM »

I heard him speak. I am NOT a right winger. His logic in stating his position on the Ten Commandments monument was impeccable. He is no extemist nor is he an opportunist. He could have certainly made far more $$$ from this whole controversy and siezed more limelight if he had wanted. All he really wanted was to regain his position as Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court. (Hardly a small plaque in a county courtroom!) I went to hear him speak because I thought I would hear a kook and I wanted to hear him first hand not filtered through the media. What I heard was not a nutball and I came away impressed by his humility and the consistency of his logic. To say the least he is severely misrepresented by the media.

He basically advocated the death penalty against homosexuals.  How the hell is that not extremist???
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2005, 09:29:39 PM »

He basically advocated the death penalty against homosexuals.  How the hell is that not extremist???

I am unaware of any comments by Judge Moore advocating what you have stated. If what you say is true obviously that would certainly qualify as extremist to the max! The only topic I heard him speak about was the Ten Commandments situation and as I said he impressed me with his calm, logical and consistent position.

Put it this way rick Santorum's comments seem mild compared to Moore's.

http://www.tolerance.org/news/article_hate.jsp?id=465

"The State carries the power of the sword, that is, the power to prohibit [homosexual] conduct with physical penalties, such as confinement and even execution. It must use that power to prevent the subversion of children toward this lifestyle, to not encourage a criminal lifestyle."

That is some VERY VILE & DISGUSTING CRAP
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2005, 09:49:34 PM »

Roy Moore hit the nail on the head with that comment!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2005, 10:17:25 PM »

Although I disagree with you on almost every issue I always respected you, but not anymore.  Thats just vile
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2005, 10:23:56 PM »

Although I disagree with you on almost every issue I always respected you, but not anymore.  Thats just vile

Well I don't really agree with the execution part. But I do agree that children need to be taught about how vile and disgusting homosexuality is.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2005, 10:32:04 PM »

Well I don't really agree with the execution part. But I do agree that children need to be taught about how vile and disgusting homosexuality is.

How about teaching children not to hate & to teach everyone equally with respect & dignity??
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2005, 10:39:33 PM »

How about teaching children not to hate & to teach everyone equally with respect & dignity??

I have no problem teaching "love the sinner hate the sin". It's good philosophy.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2018, 01:32:39 PM »

Bump
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2018, 02:32:29 PM »

I still like my statement Smiley
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2018, 03:22:18 PM »

He would be blown out of the water by ANY semi-competent Democrat. even someone like Sanders or Warren would probably crack 400 EVs against Moore. You get a moderate Democrat with a unifying message like JBE or Heitkamp and it'd be a 50 state D blowout.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2018, 04:38:27 PM »

Great bump, lol.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »

He can't become President now.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2018, 12:22:56 PM »

He couldn’t even win AL
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2018, 12:45:46 PM »

Anyone else notice the New york poster on this thread with "Eliot Spitzer for governor and president!" in his summary

Oh how the times turn quickly
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies