The Third Wave-A TL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:12:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Third Wave-A TL
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Third Wave-A TL  (Read 1936 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2011, 10:32:34 PM »

Prologue

September 1st 2012
Los Angeles Convention Center
Los Angeles, California
United States of America

Walter Knowlton strode on to the platform to accept the nomination of the United American Party. This was his twelfth time doing so and most likely his final one. Even this year many of the younger members of the United American Party had claimed that Knowlton at seventy-nine years old was too aged to become a Presidential nominee. However when for the second time in it's history the United American Party stood a viable chance of at least contending and throwing the election to the House of Representatives Knowlton was the one who had to run. President Simpson [1] was the most unpopular President since Hoover while the Republican nominee, Senator Ron Paul of Texas was controversial for his Libertarian and isolationist views. Knowlton was especially disgusted at Knowlton and the Republicans-they favoured withdrawal from the war-torn hells of Eastern Europe and Korea and slashing the military budget by half. He had remembered the day when he had first started the Wave and the Republicans were people like Nixon or Reagan-great anti-Communists. He carried their legacy. He also carried the legacy of the old Democrats-FDR, Truman and farther into the past that of Alexander Hamilton. The two other major parties were Jeffersonian but he carried the heritage of Hamilton.

Knowlton stood for a moment at the massive applause, gave the salute of the Third Wave, and then began:

"Strength Through Discipline!" he shouted as he reciting the four famous principles of the Third Wave.

"Strength Through Discipline!" shouted the 30,000 people in the center in near-perfect unison.

"Strength Through Community!"

"Strength Through Community!"

"Strength Through Action!"

"Strength Through Action!"

"Strength Through Pride!"

"Strength Through Pride!"

Then Knowlton began his speech: "My fellow members of the Third Wave and to all Americans and human beings also; it is a pleasure and a duty to accept the nomination of the United American Party for the Presidency of the United States of America!"

Thunderous applause followed and Knowlton had to wave the delegates down for himself to continue.

"First of all let me begin by saying that I stand uncompromisingly for the principles of the Third Wave!"

More applause and once again Knowlton motioned the audience to stop

"We must stand united, and think of the community as a whole not the indvidual when we look for what to do! We must have strength! We must have discipline! We must have community! We must have action! We must have pride! We must be united! Through that we shall triumph for you see we are a wave: unstoppable!"

"President Simpson has been a disgrace to our Republic and its heritage! He focuses on an obssesive campaign against 'sodomites' initiated by his predecessor, Mr. Phelps [2] and his unjust actions against our great ally of South Africa against communist rebels are abominable! At the same time they neglect our greatest threats-Maoist China under Yao Wenyan who even now licks their lips at the fat pickings of the dying Soviet Union and Korea!"

Even more louder applause and as Knowlton attempted to calm the delegates he saw someone in the stands taking out a sniper rifle. However by the time he saw it was too late the man had already fired.....

[1] Othniel James
[2] Fred
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 10:33:38 PM »

Chapter I Part I: The Man

From Terrapedia article "Walter Knowlton" (accessed August 31st 2012):

The Third Wave's creator Walter Knowlton was a Korean War veteran and an anti-Communist when he first devised his political theory of the Third Wave. He had been born on June 23rd 1933 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to a working-class family of Samuel Knowlton and Josephine Knowlton (nee O'Conner). He was an only child. Samuel Knowlton was a steel worker at a local plant and a conservative Roman Catholic who was a New Deal Democrat. Walter Knowlton was a talented student and in July of 1951 enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. After completing basic training Knowlton was deployed to Korea.

In Korea Knowlton served in various battles with great bravery most notably at the Battle of Bunker Hill in August of 1952. In that battle he saved the lives of three fellow Marines by single-handedly reliving them and wiping out an entire Chinese squad. This won him the Silver Star. After the Korean War, Knowlton stayed on in the Marines until late spring of 1955 when he was honourably discharged with the rank of Sergeant Major.

Knowlton relocated to Bloomingdale, Indiana where he entered Indiana University. His ambition now was to become a high school history teacher and he triple-majored in History, Political Science, and Education. Graduating with full honours in June of 1959, Knowlton began teaching George Washington High School in Indianapolis. He taught there until 1966 when he moved to Palo Alto, California. That year he was given a permanant teaching position at Cubberlay High School owing to the accidental death of Ron Jones due to electrocution.

Residing in the San Francisco Bay Area, Knowlton saw much of the radical liberalism in the area especially the opposition to the Vietnam War which would soon sweep the nation. Knowlton was completely disgusted by these political views especially when it turned up among his students. This however inspired him to begin a new political philosophy. This he believed would be a political philosophy that would impose order, security, cooperation, and peace. He called this new philosophy the Third Wave.

Also he decided that he would impose the ideals of the Third Wave on his students to shew to the world how he would impose order and greatness and as a model for the world. So he began his imposition on April 2nd 1967....
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 10:34:05 PM »

Chapter II Part I: The Friday Afternoon in April

April 7th 1967
Auditorium
Cubberlay High School
Palo Alto, California
United States of America

At twelve noon Walter Knowlton stepped before the stage at the auditorium in Cubberlay High School. A few local reporters were there fascinated by a student political movement in a high school. Knowlton beamed and began his speech:

"My fellow Americans, today shall be the announcement that shall change the course of American, nay, human history. Today is the birth of a novus ordo seclorum-a new world order. Today shall be the day our children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and many-times descendants will honour as a epochal event, a great day, for all mankind-greater than the Fourth of July, greater than Bastille Day. For it is today I announce the official founding of the Third Wave movement and the United American Party!"

Thunderous applause filled the room. A few students, like Robert even were blinking away tears.

"Also I hearby announce my candidacy as city councilman in the May city council recall elections in this great city of Palo Alto!"

More applause filled the room and Knowlton once again had to motion to stop the applause

"As city councilman I will help make Palo Alto the model city for the United States of America. I will institute the principles of the Third Wave with help of City Manager Morgan and rest of the council. Also I will make it clear I am neither a Residentialist nor Establishmentist-I am non-partisan. All issues shall be decided case by case. And I ask you-the students who though can not vote will hopefully campaign for me. Make your voices heard!"

Knowlton beamed and smiled. The coming elections would be the first of many victories.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:48:31 PM »

Love it!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 10:55:47 PM »

Cubberley, not Cubberlay.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 03:20:22 PM »

Interesting idea.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 05:40:01 PM »

I want to find out what the Third Wave is so bad..!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 09:50:20 AM »

I want to find out what the Third Wave is so bad..!

Me too, though I have my guesses.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies