Snowe, Hatch and Lugar to be teabagged.....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:15:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Snowe, Hatch and Lugar to be teabagged.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Snowe, Hatch and Lugar to be teabagged.....  (Read 4838 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »

We shall see

"Lugar, Snowe and Hatch are all on notice that their approach to governance may no longer be welcome."
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 01:11:35 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2011, 01:13:28 PM by Torie »

In other news, Hatch is bending over for the Tea Party now. You should have seen him slobber over them on  CSPAN the other day at a Tea Party conclave.

Meanwhile, Bachmann told her genealogy story again. I think I know it by heart now. Risk takers who came from Norway with nothing, to Iowa, grabbed the American dream with both hands, worked hard, married a great husband, had great kids who are successful, so the dream is consummated, and that is why America is great, and Obama is destroying it all (including shredding that sacred, God inspired document, written by men equally so inspired, the American Constitution), and we must stop him - now.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »

Of all those, I feel comfortable saying Hatch is by far the most doomed. And good-goodamned-riddance, too.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 01:25:10 PM »

Of all those, I feel comfortable saying Hatch is by far the most doomed. And good-goodamned-riddance, too.

You think he's worse than half of the Maine twins?
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 01:28:03 PM »

You think he's worse than half of the Maine twins?

Marginally. Note, though, that I have a positively rock-bottom opinion of people who try to destroy things they'll never understand, in Hatch's case the Internet.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »

Meanwhile, Bachmann told her genealogy story again. I think I know it by heart now. Risk takers who came from Norway with nothing, to Iowa, grabbed the American dream with both hands, worked hard, married a great husband, had great kids who are successful, so the dream is consummated, and that is why America is great, and Obama is destroying it all (including shredding that sacred, God inspired document, written by men equally so inspired, the American Constitution), and we must stop him - now.

Except that theory doesn't work because Bachmann said that she grew up admiring democrats like Mondale, McCarthy, Humphrey etc as she was raised in a staunch DFL household.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »

And I will welcome our new Democratic senators.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »

We would win Maine and have a decent shot at Indiana. Whatever happened to teabagging Scott Brown?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 07:42:59 PM »

We would win Maine and have a decent shot at Indiana. Whatever happened to teabagging Scott Brown?
Not enough Tea Partiers in Massachusetts? Tongue Indiana would certainly be a possibility for Democrats, as I think Lugar supporters could be very bitter if Mourdock wins this.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 07:48:17 PM »

I hope Democrats will have competent candidates ready in Indiana and Maine to take advantage in the event that the Tea Party is successful in winning primaries.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »

Not in Utah, you won't.  Perhaps Indiana, too.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 08:25:28 PM »

Not in Utah, you won't.  Perhaps Indiana, too.

You are probably right, but Jim Matheson will have literally nothing to lose after he sees his brand new R+20 district.  It would take a year like 2006 to sweep him in, though.  In Indiana's open primary, as has often been pointed out, Lugar will be in good shape.
Guderian

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 05:20:50 AM »

I will be rooting for Snowe because she's probably the only Republican that can hold that seat in a presidential year. However, I have very little sympathy for Hatch and Lugar, as I think they are both senile has-beens and they should spend more time with their grandchildren. Lugar will win the open primary, though.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 08:25:29 AM »

I hope Democrats will have competent candidates ready in Indiana and Maine to take advantage in the event that the Tea Party is successful in winning primaries.

They have some in Maine, but they probably wouldn't jump in unless they know for sure they won't be facing Snowe. And at this point, she's favored.

In Indiana, they have... Brad Ellsworth and Baron Hill? Their bench is thin.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 09:42:51 AM »

They have some in Maine, but they probably wouldn't jump in unless they know for sure they won't be facing Snowe. And at this point, she's favored.

You can have Delaware repeat, with a top-tier backing offf, when they were sure they are going to face Castle. But when Christy toppled Castle, a second-tier Democratic sacrifice lamb, Chris Coons, suddenly became a favorite.

So, if Snowe is teabagged, don't be suprised some sacrifical lamb will suddenly become effectively a Senator-elect.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 09:47:24 AM »

Maybe in Maine, but anyone, who become GOP nominee in Utah over Hatch's dead body, is de facto Senator-elect. In Indiana, it would be problematic to win for a Democrat anyway.

But in Maine, teabagging Snowe means safe D pickup.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 10:00:19 AM »

Does Maine have a sore loser law? If Snowe loses the primary but runs as an independent, game over for everyone else.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 10:36:26 AM »

Does Maine have a sore loser law? If Snowe loses the primary but runs as an independent, game over for everyone else.

They do........I was surprised, b33, that there are only a few that don't, if the lite wiki article is correct.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »

The independent filing deadline in Maine is before the primary, but she could still run as a write-in.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 11:06:32 AM »

The independent filing deadline in Maine is before the primary, but she could still run as a write-in.

If she has a good indication she'll be teabagged, we'll see if she cross files.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »

Good.
Mexino Vote
OKUSA
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »

I'm back Orrin Hatch. Sorry Tea Party.

I will support ANYONE who primaries Lugar. And on Snowe I'm undecided. I don't like her and want her gone but If we primary her we gotta do it with a legit contender.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 12:58:25 AM »

On what basis do you say that or believe his tea bagger friendly replacement will be remotely better?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 01:06:10 AM »

On what basis do you say that or believe his tea bagger friendly replacement will be remotely better?

He's a total fascist when it comes to the internet and file sharing. Any breathing person picked from the streets would be better than him on that issue.

Other than that though, he's the best we'll get from Utah unless Matheson beats Chaffetz in a miracle.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 12:44:59 AM »

Last time the Democrat running against Hatch was in the Info. Tech. field while on the other hand, Hatch once made a comment that people who share copyrighted materials on the internet should have their computers destroyed. I was pulling for the Democrat (excluding third party candidates). Wouldn't mind seeing his lose, preferably to someone who is pro-technology, whether it be a Democrat or another Republican.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies