CO-PPP: Romney 19% Huckabee 16% Palin 16% Gingrich 12% Paul 9% Pawlenty 7%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:41:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CO-PPP: Romney 19% Huckabee 16% Palin 16% Gingrich 12% Paul 9% Pawlenty 7%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-PPP: Romney 19% Huckabee 16% Palin 16% Gingrich 12% Paul 9% Pawlenty 7%  (Read 1215 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 15, 2011, 07:47:20 PM »

PPP poll of Colorado:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_CO_0211.pdf

Romney 19%
Huckabee 16%
Palin 16%
Gingrich 12%
Paul 9%
Pawlenty 7%
Thune 4%
Daniels 3%

Romney has slight leads among all demographic subsamples.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »

Poundingtherock seems to have posted a complaint (as "Anonymous") about this poll on the blog of Elaine Marshall's pimp:

link

No, I don't know for a fact that it's Poundy, but the posting style is the same, and he refers to Colorado as having a "heavily Mormon electorate".
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:37:59 PM »

This seems about right
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:23:46 PM »

Poundingtherock seems to have posted a complaint (as "Anonymous") about this poll on the blog of Elaine Marshall's pimp:

link

No, I don't know for a fact that it's Poundy, but the posting style is the same, and he refers to Colorado as having a "heavily Mormon electorate".

lol, okay, I guess it's time to show this map again:

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:10:52 AM »

In fairness, the Mormon proportion of the Republican electorate could be up to double what is it in the total population, and even higher in a caucus if they're highly motivated, but that still doesn't account for much overall in Colorado.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:12:34 PM »

In fairness, the Mormon proportion of the Republican electorate could be up to double what is it in the total population, and even higher in a caucus if they're highly motivated, but that still doesn't account for much overall in Colorado.
^

I don't care what your map says, I live in Jefferson County and we have a considerable mormon population. All our counties lean a lot more to the 10% than the .1%
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:45:34 PM »

^

I don't care what your map says, I live in Jefferson County and we have a considerable mormon population. All our counties lean a lot more to the 10% than the .1%

Colorado as a whole is only 2% Mormon: http://religions.pewforum.org/maps

They might very well seem more numerous because they're very vocal about their faith, or you might just happen to live near a large congregation.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 03:46:09 PM »

^

They might very well seem more numerous because they're very vocal about their faith, or you might just happen to live near a large congregation.
4.5% margin of error. About 1/3 of the students at my school are mormon. How old(or new) is this data?
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »

^

4.5% margin of error. About 1/3 of the students at my school are mormon. How old(or new) is this data?

The map I posted is based on data from the 2000 census. The Pew Survey is from 2007.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 10:22:23 AM »

^

Wow.  I love psychology sometimes.

"That can't be right!  My completely unrepresentative sample must obviously be correct because I am personally affiliated with it!"
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 11:06:29 PM »

^

Wow.  I love psychology sometimes.

"That can't be right!  My completely unrepresentative sample must obviously be correct because I am personally affiliated with it!"

Our party is heavily mormon. We have a caucus. That's the facts and that's all that matters. Don't believe me, look at the 08 results. Not to mention the numerous party officials and party executives that are mormon, many who even chaired Romney's campaign.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies