Which federal riding of each Canadian province would you most want to live in?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:17:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which federal riding of each Canadian province would you most want to live in?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which federal riding of each Canadian province would you most want to live in?  (Read 332 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2011, 07:36:34 PM »

I'm not sure if there exists a cool mapping applet, but I know that there exists this online Google Earth applet: http://earth.smurfmatic.net/canada2008/index_en.html (and, also, this which goes poll by poll)

Newfoundland: Avalon, Random-Burin-St. George's or basically any constituency save St. John's proper
Nova Scotia: Halifax
PEI: Charlottetown, but I don't feel like living there
NB: Beausejour or Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe
Quebec: Laurier-Sainte-Marie, Outremont, parts of NDG-Lachine
Ontario: St. Paul's, Toronto Centre, Toronto-Danforth
Manitoba: Winnipeg Centre or Winnipeg South Centre, but I really don't feel like living anywhere in Manitoba and Winnipeg, although least worst, still sucks
Saskatchewan: Wascana? But, yeah, I'd never live here
Alberta: Edmonton-Strathcona or Wild Rose (Banff/Lake Louise)
BC: Saanich-Gulf Islands, Victoria, Vancouver Quadra, Vancouver Centre or maybe the one with the long time

And I've found that doing the worst ones is much easier, so:

Newfoundland: St. John's, which seems kinda boring, though I have nothing against any part of Newfoundland
Nova Scotia: CCMV and South Shore-St. Margaret's don't seem very appealing, and neither does Dartmouth-Cole Harbour
PEI: I have no clue. Egmont because it elected a Purgatory, perhaps Smiley
NB: NB Southwest, Tobique-Mactaquac and Madawaska-Restigouche don't appeal to me much, especially the first one.
Quebec: Beauce, obviously; as well as Portneuf-Jacques-Cartier (if only because it elected a loon) and most of suburban Quebec City are pretty damn awful. In the Montreal area, there are a ton of boring places where I'd rather not live but in particular Bourassa, Saint-Laurent-Cartierville and Brossard-La-Prairie.
Ontario: Renfrew-Nippissing-Pembroke and almost all of rural eastern Ontario qualify here; as would Scarborough, Windsor, Vaughan and those boring 905 suburbs
Manitoba: all of rural Manitoba
Saskatchewan: all of rural Saskatchewan
Alberta: Calgary suburbs/exurbs, Calgary Southwest in particular; rural Alberta would be boring as well but not as bad as suburban Calgary.
BC: Abbotsford, obviously
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies