Apparently Alcon finally gave in...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:08:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Apparently Alcon finally gave in...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Apparently Alcon finally gave in...  (Read 931 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:27:39 AM »

I hadn't noticed this before...
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 12:55:08 AM »

Looks like he wanted to impress Laurie Jenkins
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 02:41:35 AM »

He had a Democratic avatar when he first joined. Then he wanted to play his Moderate Hero/Independent game for a few years. Those that know him know he has been aligned with the Dems for years now for some personal reasons.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 02:54:04 AM »

He had a Democratic avatar when he first joined. Then he wanted to play his Moderate Hero/Independent game for a few years. Those that know him know he has been aligned with the Dems for years now for some personal reasons.

One thing I've been wondering for awhile: Is there ANYONE who honestly believed his schtick about planning on voting for McCain? I sort of got the vibe that he fooled exactly zero people...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 03:02:45 AM »

One thing I've been wondering for awhile: Is there ANYONE who honestly believed his schtick about planning on voting for McCain? I sort of got the vibe that he fooled exactly zero people...

And he liked Palin at first then turned on her when most totally centrist, swing voters started to turn on her. What a moderate!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:20:15 AM »

Alcon is Josh22?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »

Not really because his ideology has stayed the same. But he tends to shift to support whatever candidate he does based on whatever the polls say.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 12:25:04 PM »

Maybe Alcon traversed the same trajectory that I did on the Obama McCain race.  I would give Ben the benefit of the doubt on this myself. He is not a flake in any way, shape or form. JMO.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »

I almost voted for Barack myself. It's not that uncommon to do what he did. That said, I'm not all that surprised. Wink
Shilly
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »

Maybe Alcon traversed the same trajectory that I did on the Obama McCain race.  I would give Ben the benefit of the doubt on this myself. He is not a flake in any way, shape or form. JMO.
Of course not, Alcon is a HARDCORE FASCIST!! Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »

Softcore Fascist. As in, Fascist Gravure Idol.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »

Sellout!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 11:29:26 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2011, 11:32:08 PM by bgwah »

I was much liberaler (especially) on economics when I joined.  The move to "I' was a legitimate ideological shift as I stopped being 16 years old.

This shift is actually an extremely common phase among the forum's late teens/early 20s population. I went through it myself (though, like you, I never became a full-fledged libertarian or anything). I've moved firmly back to left of center on economics over the past year or two.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 02:53:52 AM »

Just in case anyone is two-paragraphs curious:

I was much liberaler (especially) on economics when I joined.  The move to "I' was a legitimate ideological shift as I stopped being 16 years old.  I now hold (trivial) Democratic elected office/voting rights, so I thought a red avatar would be honester.  I haven't really been "aligned with the Dems" previously in any real sense -- I worked for a Democratic campaign, but it was in a race where both candidates were Democrats, and before then my only formal political involvement was in a gay rights referendum.

I'm not philosophically insecure or unstable, but I think it's difficult to port philosophy into partisan politics.  Aside from that, I think I have a bit of a psychological bias toward the Democrats on federal level -- cultural issues just have more emotional tug than economic ones.  That said, I do think I was sincere about the McCain thing.  I also liked Palin as a Governor.  I didn't expect her to be an empty shell she is.  I could defend that by saying that was an extremely common shift among people who knew her as a Murkowski-slayer and then saw her apparent disinterest in national policy issues, but I guess that's an appeal to popularity.  Deep sh**t I am in here Smiley

tl; dr
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies