How can I become American?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:09:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How can I become American?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How can I become American?  (Read 4430 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2004, 11:19:39 PM »

One day I'm going to make a long post here explaining why Canada is such a hell hole of a nanny state.

I feel much more in line with the conservative Republicans than with the rest of dem.  I can get along with some moderate Republicans, but anything left of that are a bunch of commies.

I think that's all the info that we need to indicate why you think that Canada is a "hell hole of a nanny state". Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 11:49:46 AM »

yep.

Center of canadian politics equals the mild left of UK politics. center of UK politics equals the mild left of aussie politics. Center of Aussie politics equals the medium right of US politics.

Good heavens, you mean to say that Australia is to the Right of the USA?  I didn't think any country was.
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2004, 11:54:20 AM »

Canada ranks #1 in the world Development index. Much higher than the US (even though the US is far wealthier) and the UK (we're something like 16th). Canada doesn't sound much like a hell hole to me.
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2004, 12:00:10 PM »

yep.

Center of canadian politics equals the mild left of UK politics. center of UK politics equals the mild left of aussie politics. Center of Aussie politics equals the medium right of US politics.

Good heavens, you mean to say that Australia is to the Right of the USA?  I didn't think any country was.

No, I don't believe that for a second. Australia is slightly to the right of the UK I'd say. The UK and Canada are probably about equal. UK perhaps slightly more economically liberal, with Canada slightly more so socially.
The US is economically and socially more conservative than all 3.
That said, in world rankings, the US is actually pretty liberal on social matters.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2004, 09:17:10 PM »
« Edited: November 24, 2004, 09:19:18 PM by Richius »

Canada ranks #1 in the world Development index. Much higher than the US (even though the US is far wealthier) and the UK (we're something like 16th). Canada doesn't sound much like a hell hole to me.
Citation?

And it is.  Heart attack?  Good luck living.  8+ hours at the hospital in an ambulance because there is a lineup.

Broken arm?  30+ hours of waiting for my friend.

Need an MRI?  1 year waiting list.  My dog can get an MRI faster!

Make money?  We'll start taxes at 22%, plus payroll taxes of about 7%.  And it goes up to 44% income tax.  Sales tax in Ontario is 8% + 7% federal.

I'm sick of everyone wanting to spend MY money.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies