VK Poll: Running-mates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:52:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  VK Poll: Running-mates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Dallasfan65 (RPP-POP)

Ogis (UDL)

Purple State (UDL)

Snowguy716 (JCP)

None

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: VK Poll: Running-mates  (Read 1731 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2011, 08:00:54 AM »

Which of the Vice Presidential candidates is the one best qualified to be a dude one click away from the button?

3 days.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »

The former President of course.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 12:24:45 PM »

Dallas. I'm not voting for him just because he is a member of the same party, but I think he would be a terrific Vice President, and a great President. He is active, a hard worker, and has a lot of dedication.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »

This.  I may not be fully decided on which Presidential candidate I'll support in the primary but I'm set on my VP choice.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »

I think Snowguy, Dallas and Purple State are all pretty good candidates... I don't know enough about Ogis to comment, though.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »

Indeed, Snowguy, Dallas and Purple all have an experience and record for the job. However, Purple is the one already most accomplished of them.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 04:44:46 PM »

The question being on who is the most qualified, the answer is indisputably Purple State.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 04:55:19 PM »

Dallasfan, while maybe not as experienced overall as Purple State, is the most qualified in my mind. The most important job of the Vice President is to look over the Senate. Dallas has the most recent experience of anyone serving as the leader of a legislature, that being the Northeast Assembly, and when deciding on a running mate, that was a huge factor in me deciding to ask him.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »

Dallasfan, while maybe not as experienced overall as Purple State, is the most qualified in my mind. The most important job of the Vice President is to look over the Senate. Dallas has the most recent experience of anyone serving as the leader of a legislature, that being the Northeast Assembly, and when deciding on a running mate, that was a huge factor in me deciding to ask him.

Dallasfan may be your preferred choice, but let's at least be real here, his qualifications don't hold a candle to PS. Purple State was in the Mideast Assembly, the Senate, and worked with the Senate as President. "Recent" experience as doesn't mean "more."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 05:12:57 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2011, 05:33:19 PM by Governor Tmthforu94 »

Dallasfan may be your preferred choice, but let's at least be real here, his qualifications don't hold a candle to PS. Purple State was in the Mideast Assembly, the Senate, and worked with the Senate as President. "Recent" experience as doesn't mean "more."

Every Presidential candidate is obviously going to think their running mate is the most qualified, so I don’t understand why you are so insistent on arguing this, unless it’s just for the sake of arguing. Each candidate has a certain bias towards their candidate. Other candidates are just trying to be more respectful about it than you.

And while Dallasfan may not have quite the overall experience Purple State does, I think it’s important to note that he’s recently served in a position similar to the Vice President. I think it’s also important that fresh blood is brought into the White House.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 04:07:01 AM »

It's rather uncontestably Purpe State.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »

Every Presidential candidate is obviously going to think their running mate is the most qualified, so I don’t understand why you are so insistent on arguing this, unless it’s just for the sake of arguing.

"Thinking" their running mate has comparable qualifications and it actually being so isn't the same, though. McCain could argue all he wanted (in public at least) that Palin's qualifications to be VP and address foreign affairs were comparable to Biden's, that didn't make it so and properly exposed the ticket to criticism when they attempted to make that claim (e.g. "You can actually see Russia from Alaska").

The same holds true in Atlasia when comparing PS and DF's qualifications, so I'm not sure how Blue was being overly argumentative in legitimately pointing out the difference.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »

Is it pedantic of me to suggest that being the best "qualified" doesn't necessarily mean you'd make the best VP? Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 03:16:21 PM »

Is it pedantic of me to suggest that being the best "qualified" doesn't necessarily mean you'd make the best VP? Wink

Not at all. I considered noting the same thing to Isaac, but decided against giving him extra ammo. Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 09:53:37 PM »

1. Dallas
2. PS
3. Snowguy
4. Ogis
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »

Certainly not, but I would counter by saying that's not the question at hand. Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 07:53:14 PM »

The question being on who is the most qualified, the answer is indisputably Purple State.

Luckily your efforts to deprive Snowguy of PPT experience for petty political purposes failed.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 08:10:16 PM »

Eh, I still think its hard to judge who is more qualified based on a position. Hell, if we did that, than I would have been more qualified to be President over Fritz, because I spent at that time 2 terms in the Senate, a few terms in the NE Assembly, and 5 terms as Governor. Where as Duke, was more qualified over Kal for all his terms as both Senator and Governor.

I am looking at it more of who is going to be active, and still have what it takes.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »

Luckily your efforts to deprive Snowguy of PPT experience for petty political purposes failed.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm so petty.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 08:17:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm so petty.

So we're in agreement. Wonderful. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »

Does that mean I'm a petty JCP agent?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 09:02:05 PM »

Kalwejt is a secret spy slave for the JCP.  All his knowledges are belong to us.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 05:40:21 AM »

What are you talking about ? Because I fail to see how you can support a JCPer against a JCPer for "petty political purposes".
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 06:13:42 AM »

What are you talking about ? Because I fail to see how you can support a JCPer against a JCPer for "petty political purposes".

My being elected PPT will give me good experience "running" the senate and will be valuable should I be elected VP and become president of the senate.

So it's not just a matter of fact that Lief is in the senate longer.  I encourage Lief to run for PPT upon the end of my term as senator.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 06:43:58 AM »

My being elected PPT will give me good experience "running" the senate and will be valuable should I be elected VP and become president of the senate.

So it's not just a matter of fact that Lief is in the senate longer.  I encourage Lief to run for PPT upon the end of my term as senator.

So if Marokai supported Lief it's just in order to harm the JCP ticket and improve his own chances of winning ? Not simply because he thought (like half of the Senators) that he would make a better job than you ?

You really make no sense. I like you, I like bgwah, I like Oakvale and I like 95% of JCPers, but this is becoming too much. If you keep pursuing this slanderous campaign against Marokai, it would mean you are just party hacks.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies