Our French Superiors (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:30:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Our French Superiors (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Our French Superiors  (Read 5789 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: November 22, 2004, 11:32:23 PM »

Video-Sad. Shocking/Appalling/Disgusting, but maybe necessary.

Also, I know a few frencies, and they're a little arrogant, for sure. But that might be a scewed sample, they ARE all teachers. Smiley

In McDona;lds they say have a nice day. We just puke. We're freidnly people here, but "Have A Nice Day" is so American that I don't actually know anyone who likes to hear it-also, because it is compulsory, it hurts. It's more us saying G'day when we walk up to the counter, thank you to the salesperson when we pay, and them saying "Thanks mate"-but it changes. "Have A Nice Day" is just so...I'm not anti-american, but it just doesn't sit comfortably with me at all.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 09:08:49 PM »

Yes, finances are off the table for discussion here too. And whilst a nipple in the middle of the largest sporting brodcast of the year here would cause outrage, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as the US. We're sorta half way between the UK and US-personally, we do have a bit of prudishness, but we don't let that effect the whole country that much. A recent poll has something like 80% of Aussies thinking that the country was too PC, but that doesnt mean any of us are going to make a crusade against it-that's an American kinda thing to do Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies