Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in critical condition, 6 others killed in Arizona
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:59:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in critical condition, 6 others killed in Arizona
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 32
Author Topic: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in critical condition, 6 others killed in Arizona  (Read 76032 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 09, 2011, 02:25:23 AM »

Yep, sounds like a leftie to me.

Communist Manifesto listed as a favorite book. Definitely a Tea Partier.

I explained that a few pages ago. Wink
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #401 on: January 09, 2011, 02:25:37 AM »

No True Scotsman is fun.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #402 on: January 09, 2011, 02:26:03 AM »

Timothy Cheeves, a friend of his from high school who Loughner said was the 'only one who ever listened to' him says

"He was like a radical against both parties. . . . From what I got, it seemed like he didn't like anybody that was in power."

That actually fits the tea party profile... a lot of people who support the tea party also claim to like elements of the far left.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #403 on: January 09, 2011, 02:48:53 AM »

Hmm, I just read this on the TV morning news when I woke up, because I was at a company dinner all of last evening.

Like others have said, it's a really sad thing that took place there in Arizona and I was really saddened to hear that so many people were dead, including a small child.

Gabby Giffords is one of my favorite Representatives and I hope she can get well again.

As to the killer, I first suspected that he was a fanatic right wing Tea-Party @sshole psychopath and the more I read it seems to be the case, but he could have just been a deluded psycho instead who just hated the government.

If it turns out though that police find on his computer that he read Sarah PAC's targets the situation should be clear and Palin should be prosecuted for helping to conduct a murderous event and thrown in prison. At least if she runs for President now, the Left will have some good arguments to stop this bytch now. And I also hope that centrist or center-left Americans have the courage to stop her, just like Austrians stopped the fanatic Nazi Barbara Rosenkranz in her quest to Presidency last year. Either this, or you'll get another Bush, or even worse ...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #404 on: January 09, 2011, 02:57:12 AM »

Given that the shooter is an admitted homosexual who was angry about his "civil rights" being taken away. Given that the shooter listed the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf as his favorite reading material. Given that the shooter hated Christians, God, and Religion. Given that the shooters classmates all remember him as being rabidly left-wing. Given that the shooter posted videos of him stomping an American Flag.

This only proves that rhetoric is to blame.  The guy did this because he got it in his head that the government, not himself or any actual people in his life, caused his life to be sh**tty.

How does somebody get this idea?  By caring about politics.

This entire news story is just a circle-jerk of the pathetic.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #405 on: January 09, 2011, 03:22:10 AM »

The situation in the US, especially in Arizona after the anti-immigration law was passed, reminds me of the climate in Austria, where the FPÖ uses(d) similar tactics to foment hatred in the minds of unstable people:

Just after the Vienna state elections there was a controversy in Styria where the FPÖ put up a website for shooting down muezzins from mosques with crosshairs. A few days later, a asylum seeker centre in Graz was bombed by unknown people, injuring one.

Here´s a fitting "cartoon" from the Standard newspaper, that is actually depicting Austrian FPÖ leader H.C. Strache as a fomenter of hatred, but also applies for Palin and the Tea-Party retards:

Below it says: "Der Schürer" - "The fomenter (of hatred)"

The words are: "FPÖ-Obmann" in the center ("FPÖ-leader")

Religion, Ausländer ("Foreigners"), Ängste ("Fear"), Intoleranz ("Intolerance"), Primitiv-Populismus ("Primitive-Populism"), Israel.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #406 on: January 09, 2011, 03:23:30 AM »

If it turns out though that police find on his computer that he read Sarah PAC's targets the situation should be clear and Palin should be prosecuted for helping to conduct a murderous event and thrown in prison. At least if she runs for President now, the Left will have some good arguments to stop this bytch now. And I also hope that centrist or center-left Americans have the courage to stop her, just like Austrians stopped the fanatic Nazi Barbara Rosenkranz in her quest to Presidency last year. Either this, or you'll get another Bush, or even worse ...

In that case, would this incident be the "Reichstag fire" needed to put Palin in prison?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #407 on: January 09, 2011, 03:25:03 AM »

After seeing wormyguy's signature, I now have a sudden subconscious urge to throw a dart at Republican Governor Susana Martinez's face.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #408 on: January 09, 2011, 03:27:18 AM »

Honestly, he seems like a politically confused/jumbled kid (kind of like a lot of people on this forum) with other major mental issues present. If what drove this was explicitly political, the truth may be found with this other older person they're searching for I'd imagine.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #409 on: January 09, 2011, 03:28:19 AM »

I don't even know what to say about this. I just got home from work and found out about it now. Obviously, I wish Rep. Giffords and the families of the victims the best. Other than that... speechless.

Kind of how I reacted though I was reading this at work but couldn't post. I should note I have been hearing stuff about how the guy listed Sarah Palin as someone he admired on a post on Facebook and that the Pima County Sheriff believes he may not have acted alone and that a "white male 50s" is being sought as a "person of interest".
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #410 on: January 09, 2011, 03:31:32 AM »

Hmm, I just read this on the TV morning news when I woke up, because I was at a company dinner all of last evening.

Like others have said, it's a really sad thing that took place there in Arizona and I was really saddened to hear that so many people were dead, including a small child.

Gabby Giffords is one of my favorite Representatives and I hope she can get well again.

As to the killer, I first suspected that he was a fanatic right wing Tea-Party @sshole psychopath and the more I read it seems to be the case, but he could have just been a deluded psycho instead who just hated the government.

Please, don't let facts, as they come in, stand in the way of your prejudice.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #411 on: January 09, 2011, 03:40:04 AM »

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #412 on: January 09, 2011, 03:44:53 AM »

Deep breaths all

1. Where is the evidence that this is tea party influenced- seemed just a schizophrenic or semi-related malady to me. I haven't been staying on top of the story.
2. Re: Prosecuting Palin? Do some of you feel equally as strong when crazy people take musical lyrics/books out of context and kill a bunch of people? Should we prosecute Ringo and Paul for Helter Skelter.
3. Nothing happens in a vacuum and there is a political angle to most things.  I feel that some are going overboard in their posts.  I am continually proved wrong by jumping to conclusions and deleted a few speculative posts in this very thread.  Some continue to argue points when facts really havent borne them out yet and then they retreat the other arguments when the facts prove otherwise. Frustrating.

There has been so much bitter rhetoric in this thread.   Few really seem to look in the mirror and realize that they take politics to such a personal level that they are part of the problem. Even if politics has little to do with this tragedy, it would be nice to see some softening in the political tenor. However, from this thread I do not see that happening- even from those who are calling for it.

Anyway RIP to the victims and for the post midnight ramble.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #413 on: January 09, 2011, 03:48:49 AM »

If that's your quote then just say so. I am now old and forget these things.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #414 on: January 09, 2011, 03:53:39 AM »

After seeing wormyguy's signature, I now have a sudden subconscious urge to throw a dart at Republican Governor Susana Martinez's face.

Yeah, well I'm gonna find out where Iowa lives and beat him up!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #415 on: January 09, 2011, 03:54:32 AM »

courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #416 on: January 09, 2011, 03:56:32 AM »

I'm more offended by the mountain dew. Ew.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #417 on: January 09, 2011, 04:06:06 AM »

Comments from the great Alan Grayson:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #418 on: January 09, 2011, 04:10:28 AM »

So she's safe now ? Thanks God.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #419 on: January 09, 2011, 04:22:27 AM »

If it turns out though that police find on his computer that he read Sarah PAC's targets the situation should be clear and Palin should be prosecuted for helping to conduct a murderous event and thrown in prison.

Out of curiosity, what statute would you charge her under?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #420 on: January 09, 2011, 04:55:21 AM »

A lot of people disappointed me in this thread today.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #421 on: January 09, 2011, 05:14:54 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2011, 05:33:43 AM by MK ULTRA »

Yeah and? I just said it was a crazy coincidence.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #422 on: January 09, 2011, 05:31:51 AM »

A lot of people disappointed me in this thread today.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #423 on: January 09, 2011, 05:35:15 AM »

If I were her, assuming she makes a sufficient recovery, I'd tell everyone to f**k off and leave the public arena immediately.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #424 on: January 09, 2011, 05:48:51 AM »

So the guy wasn't definitely left or right but the usual suspects are ignoring that to carry on their pet causes?

How unpredictable!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies