6-way 2012 Presidential Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:04:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  6-way 2012 Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 6-way 2012 Presidential Election  (Read 3707 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:29:07 PM »

Imagine the alliances within the GOP and the Democrats drastically fractured. This bolsters Libertarians, Tea Partiers, Greens, and Progressives to attempt to gain influence

GOP: Mitt Romney/Olympia Snowe
Democrat: Hillary Clinton/Bill Richardson
Tea Party: Ron Paul/Marco Rubio
Green: Al Gore/Ralph Nader
Libertarian: Wayne Allan Root/Chuck Baldwin
Progressive: Barry Sotero(Barack Obama)/Russ Finegold

Let the debate begin
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »

Romney would win because the GOP vote in that situation is a lot less fractured than the Democratic vote.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:42:49 PM »

Romney would win because the GOP vote in that situation is a lot less fractured than the Democratic vote.

Actually with the running-mates factored in I can see Romney getting teabagged by Paul without requiring any special circumstances. RomneyCare+Stimulus=teabagging.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »

I don't see Rubio as the VP for the Tea Party, too inexperienced, maybe Johnson. And if Johnson weren't on that ticket he would be the Libertarian's nominee, for certain.

Tea Party wins because there is no Republican base left, and the special interests groups that make up the Democrats are all split. In second place is Hillary, if that's any consolation.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 02:05:20 PM »

I see clinton collapsing because obama is popular with democrats and richardson is very unpopular in his own state xD. probably hillary/bill take about 15% of the vote, not more.
ron paul and marco rubio centre their campaign on the romneycare but it doesn't work. they manage to get about 8-10% of the vote.
al gore is considered a joke, he takes 5% of the vote.
the presidnecy is a game between obama and romney. the south becomes competitive because obama takes the black vote while the other candidates splitt the white vote. obama wins VA, georgia, mississippi, florida, NC and maybe texas, SC and AL... but NY, NJ, PA.. could go rtepublican because clinton is very popular there. california, hawaii, oregon and washington go to obama... but nevada, alaska, colorado, arizona, utah wyoming, montana, new mexico, SD, ND, KS, OK and NE go to romney. obama wins MN, WI, IL, Iowa and IN. kentucky, ohio, michigan and tennesse are pure tossups between clinton, obama and romney. Maryland, DC, Vermont (gore comes 2nd here), Conn. and Massachussets go to obama.

hillary takes arkansas. missouri and lousiana tilt clinton, but romney is just behind here. NH is a pure toss-up between her and romney.
maine goes to gore.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 02:34:11 PM »

I split them quite evenly. The DLC holds the Democrats, Obama and the minorities form a Progressive. The radical environmentalists bolster the Greens. On the Right, GOP is held by the Rockefeller wing forcing out Reaganites, So-Cons, Paleos. They align with Ron Paul as he wrests the nomination from Palin but names a Palin ally, Rubio, as VP. The Constituition and Libertarian parties merge after the more libertine libertarians split between Clinton, Gore, and Obama.

Major Dems:    
Clintons
Evan Bayh
Joe Donnelly
John Kerry

Major GOP figures:
Mitt Romney
Richard Lugar
Olympia Snowe
Susan Collins
Newt Gingrich

Major Greens:
Al Gore
Cynthia McKinney
Ralph Nader

Major Tea Partiers:
Ron Paul
Sarah Palin
Mike Pence
Jim Demint
Mitch Daniels

Major Progressives:
Barack Obama
Alan Greyson
Nancy Pelosi
Gavin Newsome

Major Libertarians:
Bob Barr
Michael Badenrick
Wayne Allan Root
Chuck Baldwin
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 03:45:03 PM »

The Rockefeller wing of the GOP is extinct.  And why in the world would Mitch Daniels be a Teapartier?  He has nothing in common with that style of politics (the Tea Party is all style, little substance).  I'll make a map if you want....
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 09:09:57 PM »

In ideology he is much closer to the Tea Party than the Rockefeller wing. Plus he helps bring some much needed substance as well.

Maps are welcome to the game
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »

Why would the Libertarians bother with a ticket if Paul, the so-called Libertarian standard bearer and former Libertarian Party nominee, is running? Also I believe Chuck Baldwin would be a Paul supporter.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 09:59:55 PM »

Why would the Libertarians bother with a ticket if Paul, the so-called Libertarian standard bearer and former Libertarian Party nominee, is running? Also I believe Chuck Baldwin would be a Paul supporter.

Not all Libertarians jump to vote for Paul and it's also to make things interesting. Whose to say there wouldn't be an alliance once this scenario got to the house?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 10:12:15 PM »

The best chance for Romney, Gore, and Paul, possibly:

Dark Blue-Paul-240
Dark Red-Obama-111
Light Red-Hillary-86
Light Green-Gore-55
Gray-Romney-46

While if you stack up all three Democrats against Paul, they win a plurality by sixteen points, if Romney and Paul go together, they win.

The election goes to the House where Paul, Obama, and Hillary fight it out. A small number of Republicans defect to Hillary because of Paul's "extremism", however, Paul wins and America, after only four years ago electing its first African American President, gets its first Hispanic Vice-President.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 10:27:09 PM »

And why would Indiana back Mitt over Ron when the Tea Party is really strong here?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 11:50:23 AM »

Daniels has stated his greatest priority is lowering the deficit, not cutting taxes and has called for a "truce on social issues" until we solve the economic ones.  That's about as far from a Tea Partier as one can be and still be in the Republican Party.  And, like I said, the Rockefeller wing is extinct.

As to the map, that is very difficult because of vote splitting.  Traditionally left wing states will be one by right-wing candidates, possibly by as little as 20% of the vote.  If I feel up to it later today I might try and crank one out.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 12:38:13 PM »

Daniels has stated his greatest priority is lowering the deficit, not cutting taxes and has called for a "truce on social issues" until we solve the economic ones.  That's about as far from a Tea Partier as one can be and still be in the Republican Party.  And, like I said, the Rockefeller wing is extinct.

As to the map, that is very difficult because of vote splitting.  Traditionally left wing states will be one by right-wing candidates, possibly by as little as 20% of the vote.  If I feel up to it later today I might try and crank one out.
Alright
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »

It's Romney's for the taking due to the enormous fracturing of the Democratic vote. If Obama were unseated by Hillary and Obama was unwilling to accept a simple primary defeat, then all hell would break lose within the Democratic ranks.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 10:47:08 PM »

It's Romney's for the taking due to the enormous fracturing of the Democratic vote. If Obama were unseated by Hillary and Obama was unwilling to accept a simple primary defeat, then all hell would break lose within the Democratic ranks.

I think Romney's choice of Olympia Snowe for Vice-President ruins the chances of the right uniting behind him.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »

I think Romney's choice of Olympia Snowe for Vice-President ruins the chances of the right uniting behind him.

Romney is a liberal anyway, so choosing Snowe would have no effect on the ticket. And the right certainly wouldn't unite behind a pacifist ticket like Root/Baldwin. Even if the vast majority of conservatives stayed home, Romney would still win due to the four-way split in the left.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 10:52:39 PM »

Romney is a liberal anyway, so choosing Snowe would have no effect on the ticket. And the right certainly wouldn't unite behind a pacifist ticket like Root/Baldwin. Even if the vast majority of conservatives stayed home, Romney would still win due to the four-way split in the left.

Romney, regardless of what you think of him, at least campaigns as a Conservative. Snowe would be a blatant repudiation of Conservatism, and as the map I posted above demonstrates, I think Conservative would unite behind Paul.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 12:48:43 PM »

Romney, regardless of what you think of him, at least campaigns as a Conservative. Snowe would be a blatant repudiation of Conservatism, and as the map I posted above demonstrates, I think Conservative would unite behind Paul.

They will never vote for someone who is not a solid neocon, even if Rubio is second on the ticket. It's Romney or nothing.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 08:31:23 PM »

Tea Party (Libertarians get my second preference)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 09:12:29 PM »

Neocons are split 4 ways. (GOP, DEM, PROG, TEA)
Pacifists split between Libertarians, TEA and Green)
Social Conservative split between Lib, Tea, and GOP
Gays vote PROG
Minorities split all six ways
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 12:06:18 PM »

The circumstances that could cause this and the aftermath would make a good timeline.

Well, the Democrats would be in worse shape (having split in four), but Romney and Snowe would be great for killing the Republican base. I suspect the Tea party with Paul would win (Why would the Libertarians bother running if Ron Paul was there? I doubt they would get anywhere without merging).
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 06:53:43 PM »

The circumstances that could cause this and the aftermath would make a good timeline.

Well, the Democrats would be in worse shape (having split in four), but Romney and Snowe would be great for killing the Republican base. I suspect the Tea party with Paul would win (Why would the Libertarians bother running if Ron Paul was there? I doubt they would get anywhere without merging).

It's a three way split with the two center parties almost blurring (Liberman joining the Republicans, Rudy joining the Democrats)

I'll show it with the Indiana Congressional Delegation

Progressives: Andre Carson, Pete Vislosky
Dems: Joe Donnelly
GOP: Richard Lugar, Dan Coats, Todd Rokita, Dan Burton
TEA: Marlin Stutzman, Mike Pence, Larry Buschon, Todd Young

I know some may ask why I left Dan Burton in the GOP as opposed to the Tea Party. Though he is part of the Tea Party Caucus he is too establishment to cross over.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 08:50:32 PM »

Why would the Libertarians bother running?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 08:57:30 PM »

Why would the Libertarians bother running?
Why do they bother running now?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies