For GOP, end of preordained candidates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:33:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  For GOP, end of preordained candidates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: For GOP, end of preordained candidates  (Read 2675 times)
Poundingtherock
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »
« edited: January 02, 2011, 06:12:39 PM by Poundingtherock »

I hope to see you guys volunteering at the local soup kitchen because I certainly won't be.

I'll be too busy laughing at Obama's approval rating when unemployment hopefully skyrockets and welcoming the new Republican President, whether or not it is the person I support.

By the way, my wishing and hoping for 14-16% won't actually increase unemployment.  It it does increase to that level, it won't be because 61% of Republicans, including myself, are hoping for that to happen.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 06:09:54 PM »

I hope to see you guys volunteering at the local soup kitchen because I certainly won't be.

I'll be too busy laughing at Obama's approval rating when unemployment hopefully skyrockets and welcoming the new Republican President, whether it not is the person I support.

By the way, my wishing and hoping for 14-16% won't actually increase unemployment.  It it does increase to that level, it won't be because 61% of Republicans, including myself, are hoping for that to happen.
Whether you had a hand in the increase is not the point; the point is that you would welcome the laying off, the increased suffering, of more Americans to fulfill your petty political goals.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 06:21:08 PM »

Any American insane enough to vote for or support Barack Obama deserves nothing less than ridicule.  Hopefully spending some time on the food line (which will be pretty  long in My Man Mitch's Indiana because he's just as incompetent an executive as Obama) will cause a change in perspective.

Part of being an American means I can ridicule and show disrespect towards those who make poor choices.  I will be doing that when the unemployment rate hopefully jumps up.  It's your choice...you can vote for Obama and stand in line at the food bank or for a conservative Republican, hopefully the one I prefer.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »

Any American insane enough to vote for or support Barack Obama deserves nothing less than ridicule.  Hopefully spending some time on the food line (which will be pretty  long in My Man Mitch's Indiana because he's just as incompetent an executive as Obama) will cause a change in perspective.

Part of being an American means I can ridicule and show disrespect towards those who make poor choices.  I will be doing that when the unemployment rate hopefully jumps up.  It's your choice...you can vote for Obama and stand in line at the food bank or for a conservative Republican, hopefully the one I prefer.
1.  A lot of poor people voted for McCain and a lot of rich people voted for Obama
2.  Daniels is more competent than Obama and much more competent than any other Republican candidate.
3.  Sure you can ridicule and disrespect poor people as your making fun of people standing in food lines proves.  Unfortunately, this isn't America; this is the internet.  Pretty soon you will be banned and out of our hair.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 06:35:44 PM »

Unfortunately, this isn't America; this is the internet.  Pretty soon you will be banned and out of our hair.
I don't see anything too unfortunate about that.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 06:39:42 PM »

LOL @ this board.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 06:44:22 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2011, 06:49:47 PM by Mecha In Name Only »

Agreed.

As for preordained whatever the hell this thread is talking about..........

I could take five seconds out of my lazyass schedule to look at what this thread is actually about, but it sounds like a lot of pointless blathering about how big of a troll dick each person has here so nah.  Being an ignorant retard about this subject seems like the best possible solution to the amount of fail existence each of you live by posting in this thread.
Oh and by the way I had sexual relations with your mother.  Suck it, bitches.
[/really suckyass trolling]
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 12:12:39 AM »

I don't like the pre-ordained candidate rut the GOP has been in, it takes a lot of the fun out of the primary season.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 01:16:05 PM »

And yes, I want 14-16% unemployment.  The higher the unemployment rate, the easier it will be for Republicans to win.

Yeah, you're a horrible person.

A CNN survey showed 61% of Republicans hoping Obama's policies fail vs. 27% hoping they succeed.  The numbers were reversed for the country at large.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/12/28/rel17k.pdf

Obama failing and the economy failing are two different things. The economy does not need to fail for Obama to fail.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »

Who was going to be preordained prior to it ending?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »

And yes, I want 14-16% unemployment.  The higher the unemployment rate, the easier it will be for Republicans to win.

Yeah, you're a horrible person.

A CNN survey showed 61% of Republicans hoping Obama's policies fail vs. 27% hoping they succeed.  The numbers were reversed for the country at large.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/12/28/rel17k.pdf

Obama failing and the economy failing are two different things. The economy does not need to fail for Obama to fail.

For example?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »

1.  A lot of poor people voted for McCain and a lot of rich people voted for Obama
2.  Daniels is more competent than Obama and much more competent than any other Republican candidate.
3.  Sure you can ridicule and disrespect poor people as your making fun of people standing in food lines proves.  Unfortunately, this isn't America; this is the internet.  Pretty soon you will be banned and out of our hair.

Good work on a piece of work! In no Presidential election did economic position have so little correlation to voting as in 2008.

I'm not going to fault Mitch Daniels for economic distress in Indiana. Indiana is very much a part of the Rust Belt, and the only way for a state to not have problems as a part of the Rust Belt is to rely heavily upon agriculture and resource exploitation. I don't know how to rate governors and senators on competence. I doubt that they can do much, really. Governor Jennifer Grantholm in neighboring Michigan went to heroic efforts to sell Michigan to outside investors.

Poverty is a genuine problem in America. Poverty hurts, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy because innocent people get hurt, too. It is unfortunate that politicians of both Parties have treated poverty as a political equivalent of a Third Rail, a menace more to their political careers than to the poor themselves. Poverty is NOT going to be solved by creating greater hardships for working people on behalf of entrenched elites.

Maybe the GOP will crash and burn in 2012 and discover that mitigation of structural poverty in America is a suitable means of appealing to a constituency that both major Parties have $crewed badly. 2016? 2018?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies