Did the Swift Boat Vets for Truth cost John Kerry the Election. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:45:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Did the Swift Boat Vets for Truth cost John Kerry the Election. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did the Swift Boat Vets for Truth cost John Kerry the Election.  (Read 6599 times)
Engineer
Rookie

« on: November 21, 2004, 01:16:17 PM »

It was Kerry’s response, or rather lack of response that cost him the election.  Here we had serious accusations against him, that went unanswered.

1.   Christmas in Cambodia – even after it was completely debunked, even by the men on his own boat, he never recanted his position.  Lack of integrity there (the morals issues.)

2.   His medical records – he stated that all the information that he had was posted on his website, yet in an interview with Tom Brokaw, he stated that the information on his IQ hadn’t been released.  Furthermore, he refused to sign a DOD 180 form that would have released all his service information.  His statement at that all the form he had were on the website may have been true, yet he knew there were other forms that the government had, that he may not personally have had.  He was telling a partial truth that was purposefully meant to deceive.  More of that integrity stuff.  Just imagine how quickly he would have shut down the Swiftees if he would have released those records, and they contradicted their accusations.  He would have gotten a 5% jump in the polls.  Instead, we were all left to speculate that he had something to hide.  And even if he did have something to hide, something he wasn’t proud of, if he would have sincerely apologized to the American people for what he did, we as a people have it in our heart to forgive him.  He probably would have risen in the polls.  Note: a sincere apology is not being sorry for getting caught, it being sorry for what you did.

3.   His after war activities – he never commented on these.  He needed to have stated that a.) I gave truthful testimony about our military and am proud of it, b.) I gave truthful testimony and am sorry for it, c.) I gave false testimony and am proud of it, or d.) I gave false testimony and am sorry for it.  By not commenting on his past activities, we are left with lingering doubts.  Not the sort of person people feel comfortable with electing as the President.
Engineer
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 07:27:52 AM »

No, Kerry may have had a right to protest the war.  But he didn't have the right to lie about it by maligning others. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies