Richardson/Warner vs Santorum/Rice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:51:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Richardson/Warner vs Santorum/Rice
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Richardson and Warner

Santorum and Rice

nuance

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Richardson/Warner vs Santorum/Rice  (Read 1960 times)
khirkhib

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2004, 01:24:11 AM »
« edited: November 20, 2004, 01:27:26 AM by khirkhib »

Can I make new maps yet.  I really think this is a possible line up.  Christian Coalition controls the republican party unless the next 4 years is a disaster they will be in charge of who gets nominated.  All of these four have their eye on the prize of higher office.

I think that Richardson really helps out in the west.  We haven't had a westerner in a while.  New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado and Arizona become blue states (in that order)

Warner delivers Virginia but does not get West Virginia.

Santorum pulls in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Women vote go heavy for Rice in the midwest.  Rice grabs Iowa, Wisconsin but doesn't get Minnesota.  She gets enough of the African American vote in Missouri that it isn't a toss up.

Castro is dead.  Florida is a real toss-up.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 01:26:40 AM »

New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, and Arizona are already blue states.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 03:31:12 AM »

Richardson 318
Santorum 220

Toss-ups will be AZ, MO, OH, PA, FL, VA, and NC.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 04:24:05 AM »

A Santorum/ Rice Ticket would be a disater... won't happen (sadly). Added to which i still doubt that Richardson will stand much of a chance of geting the Dem nomination. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 05:36:40 AM »

If you think that Warner would lose WV you don't know a lot about the sort of voters he attracts...

And WV might be (very) socially conservative, but most voters in the state (Warner would be able to get the first solid coalfield turnout since 1996) don't look kindly on "Christian Coalition" types.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 10:09:59 AM »

A Santorum/ Rice Ticket would be a disater... won't happen (sadly). Added to which i still doubt that Richardson will stand much of a chance of geting the Dem nomination. 

Santorum/Rice would suit me down to the ground.

I think Richardson, like Vilsack, could have difficulty bearing in mind their states went from Gore to Bush (albeit narrowly), which is partially why I'm backing a strong Democrat from a "red" state

Dave

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 01:59:52 PM »

id certainly vote for santorum/rice. 
khirkhib

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 03:14:55 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2004, 03:19:34 PM by khirkhib »

I meant blue as to the media not to the site.  They would get Democratic like Alcon shows.  Would Rice bring nothing to the ticket.  I really think that Rice is who Bush wants as his legacy (since it won't be Cheney) and I do think that Santorum could win the Republican primaries right now.  Does rice bring anything to the table?  Are the neo-cons and Christian Coalition loyal to Bush in what he wants for the party.  Will he be a king maker when he is a lame duck.

I am worried that Richardson might not win the primary especially the way that it is now.  There is a lot of talk in the DNC right now about why Iowa and New Hampshire are deciding are presidential candidate.  Next election will bring a strong suite of candidates.  When the primaries were starting last time the thought was that Bush would be impossible to beat.  I think Dean changed that and it was close.
khirkhib

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 03:16:50 PM »

What Republican ticket would you not vote for?  I'll see if I can get them nominated.  Smiley
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 05:22:39 PM »

Santorum has his own problems in PA.  There are people already organizing for his defeat in 2006.  There is NO way he could be elected President.  He would not get PA's 21 votes.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 05:26:01 PM »

What Republican ticket would you not vote for?  I'll see if I can get them nominated.  Smiley

Pretty much any Republican in the NC State Legislature, IIRC
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2004, 05:31:40 PM »

Can I make new maps yet.  I really think this is a possible line up.  Christian Coalition controls the republican party unless the next 4 years is a disaster they will be in charge of who gets nominated.  All of these four have their eye on the prize of higher office.

I think that Richardson really helps out in the west.  We haven't had a westerner in a while.  New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado and Arizona become blue states (in that order)

Women vote go heavy for Rice in the midwest.  Rice grabs Iowa, Wisconsin but doesn't get Minnesota.  She gets enough of the African American vote in Missouri that it isn't a toss up.

Ha.
Women won't vote for rice just because she's female.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2004, 05:57:46 PM »

I'm rethinking my map...I'm now thinking PA and WV would go Richardson. Final:

Richardson 344
Santorum 194
danwxman

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2004, 06:11:34 PM »

Santorum has his own problems in PA.  There are people already organizing for his defeat in 2006.  There is NO way he could be elected President.  He would not get PA's 21 votes.

We can easily scare him away from running for President.

If we put up a good challenger in '06 and force him to spend a lot of money...then have the election very close...even if the Democrat loses, it scares the Republicans and makes Santorum waste a lot of money.
khirkhib

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2004, 06:36:02 PM »

Ha.
Women won't vote for rice just because she's female.

You're right. I was just floored when i heard Bush talk about how she aspired to higher office.  Many of the people that the republicans talk about on this site for 2008 are very different than Bush.  Who are the neo-cons and the Christian Coalition going to pass the torch too.  That is the person that will have the $ in the primaries.  The primary season will be interesting on both sides because  their is no heir apparent.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 06:44:15 PM »

If we put up a good challenger in '06 and force him to spend a lot of money...then have the election very close...even if the Democrat loses, it scares the Republicans and makes Santorum waste a lot of money.

no way, we WANT him to run, since it'd guarantee a landslide!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2004, 08:24:40 PM »

Yeah Barbara Hafer will really scare Santorum. 54-46 would be the outcome in my opinion. I guess compared to Hoeffel's defeat, the 8 point loss would be a "scrare."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies