Opinion of Libertas' banning
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 08:48:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Libertas' banning
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: Opinion of Libertas' banning
Very Positive

Positive

Neutral

Negative

Very Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 103

Author Topic: Opinion of Libertas' banning  (Read 15160 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »

Negative, but I'm not crying over it.  

As Libertas has taught us, in a truly Capitalist system, the person with the money and resources should have unrestricted power over their resources.  In this case, Dave holds the power and chose to exercise it accordingly.  There should be no questioning what the Capitalist does nor any interference with Capitalist whims.

If Libertas were to recruit people to advocate for his reinstatement, then that would be considered labor organizing which is against his own libertarian principles and thus wrong.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »

If Libertas were to recruit people to advocate for his reinstatement, then that would be considered labor organizing which is against his own libertarian principles and thus wrong.

Voluntary organization isn't against libertarian principals.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »

Libertas hasn't been in contact with any of us (as far as I know) since his banning.  Also, labor organizing doesn't violate libertarian principles at all.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 12:25:26 PM »

Positive, only because it was not done sooner and more of them weren't banned along with him!

Yes, it's horrible that the board can't be purged of opposing ideologies.

Saying that it's "Dave's board and Dave's rules" isn't really a justification for supporting the ban.  It's like saying you support the "banning" of Jews during World War II because it was "Hitler's Germany and Hitler's rules."  Dave has the right to ban people, sure, but that's not a reason for supporting his actions.

Anyone who is comparing some forum rules to Holocaust and other Nazi crimes need to visit a mental institution. You have just offended a real victims of Nazi policies, some members of my family including.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »

Justice has finally been served.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 12:29:36 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2010, 12:31:50 PM by Vice President Kalwejt (UDL-SD) »

Indeed. By the way, I just want to laugh at some posters utter hypocrisy. Those who applauded HoffmanJohn banning, yet are immaturely mourning fellow annoying and unrepentant troll.

I assume if HoffmanJohn were a libertarian hack, instead of anti-libertarian hack, you'd mourn his departure as well.

In a "words" of a departed troll: "Roll Eyes"
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 12:31:52 PM »

So what happens when the Capitalist decides he doesn't want his employees organizing for better wages and he decides to fire or punish anyone who organizes?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »

I am disappointed. I liked him. I mean, he had crazy views, but yeah.
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 12:49:47 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2010, 12:54:32 PM by Foster »

Its collectivism.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »

I believe you've got your libertarian philosophy mixed up:

Collectivism = not necessarily bad (or else even organizations like the Libertarian Party would be bad).

Collectivism as the determinant of government policy = very, very bad.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »

Positive, only because it was not done sooner and more of them weren't banned along with him!

Saying that it's "Dave's board and Dave's rules" isn't really a justification for supporting the ban.  It's like saying you support the "banning" of Jews during World War II because it was "Hitler's Germany and Hitler's rules."  Dave has the right to ban people, sure, but that's not a reason for supporting his actions.

Way to invoke Goodwin's Law.
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 01:04:44 PM »

I believe you've got your libertarian philosophy mixed up:

Collectivism = not necessarily bad (or else even organizations like the Libertarian Party would be bad).

Collectivism as the determinant of government policy = very, very bad.

So you'd say your against corporate structure organization laws, which artificially creates monopolistic power for a dictatorial board, for instance?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 01:08:49 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2010, 01:10:52 PM by RIP Libertas »

Saying that it's "Dave's board and Dave's rules" isn't really a justification for supporting the ban.  It's like saying you support the "banning" of Jews during World War II because it was "Hitler's Germany and Hitler's rules."  Dave has the right to ban people, sure, but that's not a reason for supporting his actions.

Anyone who is comparing some forum rules to Holocaust and other Nazi crimes need to visit a mental institution. You have just offended a real victims of Nazi policies, some members of my family including.

I am not happy over what has happened but the last thing I would do would be to compare any of the policies on this forum as "Hitlerian" or the mods as "Nazis".  I mean it isn't like Dave ordered the mods to get an internet death squad together to go to Libertas' house to shoot him.  He just got internet banned.

Lack of freedom of speech does not necessarily equal OH NOES NAZISM!!!!!!!!!!  Hell, much freer societies than Nazi Germany routinely violate the right to free speech.  At this current rate it would be more accurate to call the mods on here "Fair Speech retards" (no offense) than it would be to call them "Nazis".

Calling the Atlas Forum Moderators "Nazis" would be insulting the dead Nazi Legions who actually worked hard to get the title "Nazi". [/Jon Stewart]
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 01:11:44 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2010, 01:20:11 PM by Foster »

Saying that it's "Dave's board and Dave's rules" isn't really a justification for supporting the ban.  It's like saying you support the "banning" of Jews during World War II because it was "Hitler's Germany and Hitler's rules."  Dave has the right to ban people, sure, but that's not a reason for supporting his actions.

Yes, because the banning of a single poster on a political forum is directly comparable to the extermination of six million Jews, over ten million Russians, over two million poles, and comparable casualties for other groups caught up in the worst conflict in history.

Yes you've figured it out; this forum is carrying out its own holocaust against libertarian posters Roll Eyes

Denying someone the right to troll on an internet forum.. Might as well be this forums own Reich fire proclamation!
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 01:52:10 PM »

I wasn't comparing the banning of Libertas (PBUH) to the holocaust.  I was simply pointing out how absurd it is to support a position just because the person making the decision has that authority.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 02:14:19 PM »

I used to find him annoying when he posted 50,000 times a day but after that phase subsided, I found his feuds with the mods to be a mildy entertaining distraction from the weight of the world. But it was fairly obvious who was going to win in the end.
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 02:16:01 PM »

I wasn't comparing the banning of Libertas (PBUH) to the holocaust.  I was simply pointing out how absurd it is to support a position just because the person making the decision has that authority.

There's certainly not a more rational and constructive example to use Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 02:17:38 PM »

So much for a libertarian respect for private property.

In case you missed this fact, we're using Mr. Leip private property. We're his guests and he have every right to decide, whom to host and whom to kick out.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2010, 02:19:50 PM »

I guess this is Dave's rendition of "get off my lawn":

GET OFF MY WEBSITE
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2010, 02:21:38 PM »

In case you missed this fact, we're using Mr. Leip private property. We're his guests and he have every right to decide, whom to host and whom to kick out.

Yes, but that doesn't mean you have to agree.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 02:23:01 PM »

Yes, but that doesn't mean you have to agree.

Of course not, but you should keep some proportions in your reasoning.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
   --Edmund Burke

Libertas was a good poster.  Had some radical ideas and vented quite a bit, but I just read over all his posts from the past thirty days and can't figure out why he'd be banned.  Maybe some big fight was deleted by the moderators, so I wouldn't know about that.  But it seems to me that being a wingnut is now sufficient to get someone banned.  This is not a healthy development, and it doesn't seem to me to be consistent with the forum's mission of free exchange of ideas and information.

It could be any of you next. 
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2010, 02:27:23 PM »

Positive

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2010, 02:30:20 PM »

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
   --Edmund Burke

Libertas was a good poster.  Had some radical ideas and vented quite a bit, but I just read over all his posts from the past thirty days and can't figure out why he'd be banned.  Maybe some big fight was deleted by the moderators, so I wouldn't know about that.  But it seems to me that being a wingnut is now sufficient to get someone banned.  This is not a healthy development, and it doesn't seem to me to be consistent with the forum's mission of free exchange of ideas and information.

It could be any of you next. 

well, I never really noticed his views, rather all I saw was him complaining about the way he was treated.  Leip simply got tired of Libertas crucifying himself and decided to put him out of his forum misery.
Shilly
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2010, 02:31:14 PM »

Hopefully, his fanboys will be next.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies