[ME Gov-Elect] LePage Backs Snowe in 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 03:49:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  [ME Gov-Elect] LePage Backs Snowe in 2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: [ME Gov-Elect] LePage Backs Snowe in 2012  (Read 4639 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 12:12:59 AM »

I'm not sure if I'm so eager to support Snowe anymore, considering she voted for the stimulus.  Judging from recent statements, she may be changing her positions on certain things, but I don't know if I am willing to forgive her on her past votes.

Nonetheless, she would be better than a Democrat, and I would support her if it comes down to that.

You should consider the fact that a different Republican likely wouldn't defeat the Democrat in Maine under normal circumstances.

No one whould have her stature or electability. There are some Republicans that can win that seat, whether they can win primaries is another matter however. Abbot or Mills comes to mind. How old is Snowe?

63. Abbott and Mills don't strike me as Tea Party types though. Abbott is close to Collins, and Mills presents himself as a Snowe type moderate. Judging by the brilliantly bad candidates the Tea Party has mostly found so far, I wouldn't expect them to deliver an electable alternative.

I wasn't talking about "tea party candidates" I was talking about other people that could hold the seat instead of Snowe if she retired. For some reason I thought she was 70 something.

Most of the time, when I am able to do that, something bad happens. Tongue
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 12:16:26 AM »

That won't stop the Tea Party. They have their candidate, but aren't saying who it is yet http://www.rollcall.com/news/-200953-1.html

What a formidible opponent this [mystery candidate] will make!

He can't be less formidable than Christine O'Donnell, can he?

Alan Keyes is moving to Portland, baby!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies