JCP Convention, December 2010 (endorsements posted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:20:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCP Convention, December 2010 (endorsements posted)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: JCP Convention, December 2010 (endorsements posted)  (Read 9151 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2010, 12:06:35 PM »
« edited: December 09, 2010, 12:33:39 AM by bgwah »

Hi. I sent out some PMs, and some are still interested in having a convention, so here it goes.

Feel free to discuss candidates for the upcoming election, as well as what direction this party will take following recent events.

Edit, endorsement voting link: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=128730.msg2745242#msg2745242
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 01:28:50 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2010, 01:42:33 PM by Governor Oakvale »

*surveys wreckage of the party*

Well, uh, checking in.

EDIT: I'm going to post something I mentioned in the PMs -

We've been the most influential party bar in Atlasia, bar none, as, for a very long time, the only reasonable, inclusive left-of-center political group. The lasting legacy of our party, fundamentally, speaks for itself.

We've given Atlasia countless Presidents, Senators, Governors, Assemblymen, Supreme Court Justices, and more, and, regardless of the occasional personal spats that existed,  it's a record that any party would envy.

That, I think, is something to take pride in.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 01:45:15 PM »

PMs?  Sigh.

I'm around.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 01:51:03 PM »

I am very proud of the record of the JCP. Parties in Atlasia come and go, rise and fall, splinter off and combine again, but through it all, the JCP has always been a consistent, organized, and hard-working voice for common-sense progressive reforms. I remember what the left and center-left was in Atlasia before the JCP, and I remember what it became after we united under one banner as allies in the struggle against the center-right consensus that had taken hold. I have no intention of abandoning the party.

In related news, I am opening an exploratory committee for the upcoming senatorial elections.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 02:34:05 PM »

In related news, I am opening an exploratory committee for the upcoming senatorial elections.

Oh, that is some great news. Smiley

I sent PMs to Barnes and Bacon King a couple days ago to see if they're planning to run again, but I haven't heard back. I kind of doubt BK will, though I'm not sure about Barnes.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »

I sent PMs to Barnes and Bacon King a couple days ago to see if they're planning to run again, but I haven't heard back. I kind of doubt BK will, though I'm not sure about Barnes.

Sorry for intrusion, but Barnes is... well, MIA. I'm trying to contact him for days regarding one what-if project and never got answer.

Is he OK?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »

If I can, I'd wish to clarify my decision here.

Contrary to many left-wingers there, I don't have any hatred for the JCP. This party welcomed me when I first joined Atlasia, I've always had good relations with my fellow party members and its leadership, and that's why in one year and half I've always been loyal to it : several times I refused to join short-lived left-wing parties that were founded as an "alternative to the JCP". So, I think that nobody can call me a liar if I affirm that I still like the JCP and all its members. My decision wasn't dictated by negative feelings, only by positive ones.

If I joined the UDL, it is because I have the strong conviction that this party is not like the previous "leipist", "social-democratic" or "chartist" outfits : it's a new occasion for the entire Atlasian left, an occasion to enter into a new era. Marokai Blue is a historical figure of the JCP, as are, to a lesser extent, people like Kalwejt and Hans-Im-Glück. We don't share the same views on any single subject : we are willing to build a genuine left-wing force in Atlasia, a force that will have his full place as a partner of the JCP. Pluralism, if it's not fueled by the will to harm each other, can be a good thing for the left, revitalizing a party system that is maybe too old for today's Atlasia.

What I wish to establish there, is a sincere and friendly partnership. The JCP has a considerable history whose members can be proud of. I felt good there, and it was hard for me to leave so much people I like a lot. But consistency with my political views imposed this decision, as well as enthusiasm to build something new. Apparently, those feelings were shared by a lot of people in Atlasia, and it is legitimate to try to fulfill them. Contrary to what several people there seem to think, there's no risk for the JCP to collapse : the party is still strong and solid, and will keep playing a key role in Atlasian politics. We are not willing to change that. Forming a pluralist, but united left will be our common goal, and if we can find effective agreements, we will be stronger than we have ever been in the past.

So, farewell, friends. I absolutely don't regret my year-long commitment to the JCP, but I have to go away now. I wish you the best, and I hope we we'll able to work together with open-mindedness and reciprocal respect. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »

Sorry for intrusion, but Barnes is... well, MIA. I'm trying to contact him for days regarding one what-if project and never got answer.

Is he OK?

I've actually sent him a PM too. I really hope he's all right, and if he is that he will run again.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »

Checking in.

And ftr, as I'll be largely out of internet communication until Monday due to a business trip (gotta buy me a laptop one of these days Tongue), I'm flatly against folding the party at this time.

Kudos to the UDL in their rapid growth, and I have zilch against them (so long as this split doesn't merely succeed in electing right wingers). But in fairness they're only about 48 hours old. It's simply WAY too early to make such a monumental and final step. Let's see how things pan out there.

Beyond that, what Oakvale said.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »

(so long as this split doesn't merely succeed in electing right wingers)

That's a thing we don't want as well.

I'm sure we can easily agree on this.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »

<knuckle bump> Word!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 05:20:35 PM »

As Antonio and Kalwejt have said, I hold absolutely no malice toward the JCP. I hope we can work together when our goals coincide.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »

Well, I've enjoyed being Senator Snowguy.  That will no doubt be impossible in the next elections considering I hail from the midwest.  Wink

But the party lives on.  I don't think we need to make any rash decisions or major changes.  I think it would be fun to make a new JCP logo, though.  I'd kinda like to do that if nobody would object.

I mean... that's what liberals do when they get stung... make a new logo and pretend it's a big f**kin deal.. right?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 05:51:55 PM »

Sorry to intrude, but even though I have left the JCP (possibly temporarily, I am still registered as an Independent), I would like to say that it was a very hard decision to make.  I loved the party, and I like all of you - however I found that I need to think things through.

Nevertheless, I have taken the liberty to edit the main JCP Wiki page to reflect the recent changes.

And also, please accept my best wishes for the future of the JCP.  Hopefully the party will support me in my re-election bid for the Pacific Lt. Governorship as I am running again on the ticket with my friend Oakvale.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 05:59:49 PM »

<knuckle bump> Word!

Exactly right Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 07:06:46 PM »

I find the formation of the UDL to be a positive new direction for the Atlasian left wing.  While I will not be joining the new party, it is my hope that our two parties will work together on a great many things in the months to come.

That being said, I declare my candidacy for Vice Chairman of the JCP.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »

I find the formation of the UDL to be a positive new direction for the Atlasian left wing.  While I will not be joining the new party, it is my hope that our two parties will work together on a great many things in the months to come.

I fully support you in that endeavor!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »

If I'm reading the bylaws correctly, the chairman (moi!) can appoint a replacement for the remainder of a term due to a vacancy. I think that term technically goes through February...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 07:27:35 PM »

Well, unless somebody objects, I think you should appoint Fritz as vice chairman of the JCP.  Maybe give it a day to let people voice any objections (I doubt there will be any).

I'd like to take this time to declare my interest in being Midwest chairman of the JCP  (what few of us are left!).
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 07:29:42 PM »

Okay, then I declare that I will accept an appointment.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 07:43:20 PM »

Alright, I appoint Fritz to the Vice Chair and Snowguy to Midwest Chair. Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 07:58:58 PM »

I guess we need a Secretary, now, too....  Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 08:19:01 PM »

If I can serve as Secretary and Whip simultaneously I'll do so, just to tide us over. *shrug*
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 08:52:49 PM »

If I can serve as Secretary and Whip simultaneously I'll do so, just to tide us over. *shrug*
We could probably make that happen.  It's our party...
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »

Well, that's technically against the current bylaws, but I know I wouldn't mind if you performed both roles simultaneously unofficially! Obviously we designed the party offices when we had a larger active base. Now that things have changed, it may make sense to re-structure it as Snowguy suggested to reflect our smaller party. Hopefully Arch will come back! The JCP could definitely use some more active members if competition is truly the goal of this split.

I hope Barnes is okay. He could very well jump ship, though. But given the number of candidates on the UDL side, it may benefit him to stick with us! Tongue

Bacon King has been online and hasn't responded to me or anything Atlasia-related, so I think it's safe to assume he will not be running for re-election. Feel free to correct me if you're still watching, BK.

I for one would happily support a Lief candidacy! Anyone else want to run? I'm fairly confident we should be able to keep at least one of our at-large seats. We could go ahead and shoot for a second, if someone wants to try. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies