Contratulations to Toomey and Corbett
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:35:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Contratulations to Toomey and Corbett
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Contratulations to Toomey and Corbett  (Read 5833 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:36:33 PM »
« edited: November 13, 2010, 01:47:52 AM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

I would like to enthusiastically congratulate Pat Toomey and Tom Corbett on their election as Senator and Governor for the great state of Pennsylvania.

Way to go Pennsylvania!

Toomey and Corbett have been working hard for this day and surely find these results most gratifying.

Congratulations Pat and Tom!

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 09:46:27 AM »

Agreed!  And I would have voted for Toomey in a primary against Specter too.  Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 01:42:37 PM »

But does Mitt Romney send his congratulations to Keystone Phil?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 01:43:29 PM »

So Phil is responsible for Toomey and Corbett getting elected and the PA Legislature being held by the pubs?   Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 01:57:09 PM »

Has anyone told you that you're kind of weird?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »

Well, if I were Phil I wouldn't let him be my facebook friend or give him my phone number......I see a stalking mancrush going on here Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 09:59:34 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2010, 01:58:05 AM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

No never.  But if calling me weird makes you feel good, go for it.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »

Would you have congratulated me if Sestak and Onorato had won since I voted for them?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 10:19:10 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2010, 01:58:34 AM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

You know, it should be perfectly clear by now that J.J. is without a doubt one of the most intelligent posters on this forum,  and obviously the only intelligent contributor commenting in this thread.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »

You know, it should be perfectly clear by now that J.J. is without a doubt one of the most intelligent posters on this forum,  and obviously the only intelligent contributor commenting in this thread.

I believe I'm asking a perfectly legitimate question, there, Winfield. Pennsylvania means as much to me as it does to Phil, I'm sure, although no doubt I hold my beloved Pittsburgh in greater regard than he would as a Philadelphian.

So, if Sestak and Onorato had won, would you have made a perfectly rediculous ego thread to congratulate me? I always figured this kinda thing would be more appropriate if say Phil had just become a father or got married or some milestone experience... This is kind of creepily awkward.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 10:56:47 PM »

Thank you, thank you. Please...everyone...please calm down.

I just got off the phone with Admiral turned Congressman turned Admiral again Joe Sestak and the guy that has the last name that sounds just like my last name. They congratulated me on my victory and offered their concession. It was a wise move on their part.

I couldn't have done this without...myself. Thank you, Phil. I deserve it.

although no doubt I hold my beloved Pittsburgh in greater regard than he would as a Philadelphian.

Uh...I wouldn't presume such things.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think Winfield was doing this because I've been pretty well established as the Pennsylvania Republican on the forum. My admiration for Toomey is well known and I did play more of a role in this election than just being a voter.

That being said, his decision to dedicate an entire thread to congratulating me is...interesting.  Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 11:18:28 PM »

Congratulations Phil, it's great to see your state returning to sanity! Smiley Indiana also returned there, and with Republicans in complete control, it's time for Mitch Daniels to get to work. Should be a great session in both PA and IN!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 11:29:16 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2010, 01:59:07 AM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

Doctor Cynic

I really fail to see your logic.

I am quite sure that a return of Republicans to positions of power and influence in Pennsylvania is something that Keystone Phil likely put a great deal of importance in, and although I do not know if he actively campaigned in any capacity, I am certain he finds the results gratifying.  

Keystone Phil's loyalty to Pennsylvania Republicanism is well known on this forum, so I wanted to congratulate him on the comeback of Republicans in Pennsylvania as a gesture of good will.  So what?  You have a problem with that?  Only someone with a warped mind would read something other than that into it.

I am most disappointed and dismayed in members of this forum for their outlandish comments and insinuations.  Anyone guilty of that unjustified behavior ought to be ashamed of themselves.

And if you were serious about asking me the question if I would have congratulated you had Sestak and Onorato won, and if you were indeed asking a perfectly legitimate question, then you would not have prefaced it with the ridiculous quote from Xahar.

Keystone Phil, after your interesting contribution, as I can see you do not appreciate my gesture of good will, I totally and unequivocally withdraw and retract my congratulations to you.

Instead, my congratulations go directly to Toomey and Corbett to whom they rightfully belong.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 11:32:40 PM »

Instead, my congratulations go directly to Toomey and Corbett to whom they rightfully belong.

They do not accept.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 11:34:57 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2010, 02:00:54 AM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

They do not accept.

They have no choice.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 12:03:15 AM »

This thread needs to be 50 pages long.  Anyone with me?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 12:27:30 AM »

This topic gets about 30% better if you imagine Winfield wearing a monocle.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 06:56:53 AM »

You can do it here:

http://www.toomeyforsenate.com/contacts

http://www.tomcorbettforgovernor.com/contact/
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 08:00:17 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2010, 08:04:28 AM by Somebody's Watching Me »

Everyone who has made a post that disagrees or questions my reasoning for making such an honorable gracious thread congratulating Keystone Phil for making the ultimately correct and virtuous choice of electing Toomey and Corbett is lacking in all of the mental capabilities it takes to make a single coherent and well thought out post.  Because only someone with a warped and deluded mind of grandeur dare to disagree with my superior genetically engineered cranium.[/Winfield][/monocle]
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 08:16:34 AM »

Oh, come on, you all are so mean with your insulting, failed and irrelevant comments.

Phil, Winfield took a great efforts to write a congratulations for you and you weren't moved as you should. Apologize to him right now.

Doctor, you're just jealous because due to Toomey victory, nobody made a thread congratulating you on electing Sestak to the Senate. You ought to be ashamed of your behavior and bitterness. Apologize.

Mechaman, how dare you to copycat Winfield? Apologize.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 08:57:42 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2010, 10:15:09 AM by Somebody's Watching Me »

Mechaman, how dare you to copycat Winfield? Apologize.

I apologize Winfield, it's just sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by big words that it fries my brain.  If only everyone in the world were as sexy and genius as you.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 09:04:08 AM »

You need help, buster.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 09:34:41 AM »

They do not accept.

HAHA... Even I have to admit that was pretty good, Phil.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 09:17:34 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2010, 02:02:21 AM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

I wish to send my heartfelt sympathies to Dr. Cynic on the defeat of Joe Sestak for the United States Senate and Dan Onorato for the Govrnorship of the great state of Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania how could you break Dr. Cynics' heart like that?

I am sure that Dr. Cynic has been working dilligently to avoid just such a scenario as this.

My heart goes out to you Dr. Cynic for this turn of events.

But do not despair.  Time heals all.  I am certain the Pennsylvania Democrats will experience a resurgence and that their time will come again, perhaps even before the turn of the century.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2010, 09:45:42 PM »

I hope CARL posts in this thread. Actually, have Winifield and CARL ever had a conversation? That would be a great read.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies