The hard fight Obama has ahead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:52:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The hard fight Obama has ahead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The hard fight Obama has ahead  (Read 996 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2010, 12:12:33 AM »

The scary thing for President Obama in regards to 2012, is that he has to try and defend his ACCOMPLISHMENTS...not his failures. He got things done that he said he would, the problem is most of America...atleast right now...don't like those things.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:15:25 AM »

You figured that out.  He hasn't yet.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:54:59 AM »

It still feels like its 2008, prior election, Obama hasn't accomplished anything.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:58:47 AM »

http://whatthehasobamadonesofar.com/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 01:08:59 AM »

Was it intentional for that link to not work?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 01:12:34 AM »

The forum swear filter removed the f word from between "the" and "has".  Fill it in yourself and it'll work.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 10:52:17 PM »

The simple truth is that the super-rich and their executive retainers are fascists who believe that Americans exist only to serve the super-rich even to the extent of the expendability of their lives. Perhaps it even extends to the whole of humanity and not 'only' Americans.

In 2010 they bought an Orwellian ad campaign to attack anyone and anyone liberal, with the intent of filling Congress  with the sorts of robots who would have fit well in the Reichstag between 1933 and 1945 or the old Supreme Soviet of the former USSR. These people want a system better at extracting profits than at serving anyone else. The super-rich number roughly six million people, and the rest of America number 306 million people.

This time it was largely successful. Will it work in 2012? See what I have to say about two years from now. We will see whether the electorate of 2012 is so gullible and perhaps in my case whether I might be advised to leave the US. People like me end up in torture chambers and shooting pits if a brutal regime catches up to them. 

The upcoming struggle will be hard, and it will depend upon (to no small extent) demonstrating that the GOP winners of 2010 have failed Americans even if they succeed at attracting campaign funds -- if such is so.  (Of course if they perform miracles, then that's great for America even if I dislike ultra-conservative ideology). 

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 01:02:35 AM »

It won't matter if the Republican candidate is unelectable (see NV Senate 2010 for details).
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 01:05:56 PM »

This one

http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com/

works.

"Heck" passes most swear filters.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 01:15:45 PM »

The simple truth is that the super-rich and their executive retainers are fascists who believe that Americans exist only to serve the super-rich even to the extent of the expendability of their lives. Perhaps it even extends to the whole of humanity and not 'only' Americans.

In 2010 they bought an Orwellian ad campaign to attack anyone and anyone liberal, with the intent of filling Congress  with the sorts of robots who would have fit well in the Reichstag between 1933 and 1945 or the old Supreme Soviet of the former USSR. These people want a system better at extracting profits than at serving anyone else. The super-rich number roughly six million people, and the rest of America number 306 million people.

This time it was largely successful. Will it work in 2012? See what I have to say about two years from now. We will see whether the electorate of 2012 is so gullible and perhaps in my case whether I might be advised to leave the US. People like me end up in torture chambers and shooting pits if a brutal regime catches up to them. 

The upcoming struggle will be hard, and it will depend upon (to no small extent) demonstrating that the GOP winners of 2010 have failed Americans even if they succeed at attracting campaign funds -- if such is so.  (Of course if they perform miracles, then that's great for America even if I dislike ultra-conservative ideology). 

Well said pbrower!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 01:25:48 PM »

The hard fight the Republicans have is actually coming up with real ideas and not just over the top shouting and theatrics. People aren't going be particularly thrilled with that sort of thing when there are more pressing issue at hand.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »

They need to actually explain their accomplishments, all the Dems have been able to do is talk about them in the context of the fear campaign from the right.

Take them on, the benefits of the healthcare reforms, the banking reforms for YOU are
-
-
-
-
-

then expand on that to say "if the Republicans get their way, this is what you'll lose", actually call the Republicans on the effect of their repeal plans.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies